HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Derek Boogaard eats babies.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

vCash: 500
Derek Boogaard eats babies.

This is your official one-stop shop for all Boogie Man youtube videos, pictures, stories, anecdotes, myths, etc...

I'll start it off:

I expect this thread to last for 4 years or for the remainder of his time with the Rangers, whichever comes first.

Continue...

Last edited by RangerBlue62: 08-19-2010 at 11:52 PM.
RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:45 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

The Boogy Man eats babies...WOO HOOOO!

Last edited by x BEUKEBOOM x: 08-19-2010 at 11:54 PM.
x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:46 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Youtube no good?

Old
08-19-2010, 11:50 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
You need to post everything after the v= in the youtube link.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onKGmpcwOE

So, I take everything after the v= which would be "_onKGmpcwOE " and put them in between the YT tags.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:51 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Y'know, I've actually heard he's a very, very nice guy off the ice.

Anyway, we're kind of glad to see him go in Minnesota. I mean, he was the best at what he did, and The Boogeyman was a huge fan favorite, but we got tired of waiting for the Boogoal and really need a change of pace right now.

Plus, Gabby has his bodyguard back!

Edit: Easily the best part of that fight video is him waving to the crowd on his way to the penalty box.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Thanks KingH30

I used to just copy/paste the "embeded" code between the YT, not sure if something changed since the last time I posted a vid.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Thanks KingH30

I used to just copy/paste the "embeded" code between the YT, not sure if something changed since the last time I posted a vid.
No problem man. It took a while for me to get used to a while back, once you get used to it, it makes posting videos quicker.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Black Tank

A lot depends on whether he will get regular playing time on the 4th line. Orr became the monster and intimidator he is today only after Renney put him in after the Dolan rant regarding the shooting gallery at Jagr.

If Boogard plays 30-50 games only against the Devils, Flyers, etc, etc he won't be much help. But if he plays most nights for a few shifts where he has the green light to play his game, then it will be other teams changing their lineups b/c they know the Rangers are in town. When that happens, all the attention moves off of a player like Gaborik and onto whether there will be any fireworks. This evens the ice and is well worth it if it means that our (few) skill players feel more confident.

An extra 4-5 goals from the 4th line isn't going to make or break our season but a menacing presence any time teams play the Rangers will keep other teams honest.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
A lot depends on whether he will get regular playing time on the 4th line. Orr became the monster and intimidator he is today only after Renney put him in after the Dolan rant regarding the shooting gallery at Jagr.

If Boogard plays 30-50 games only against the Devils, Flyers, etc, etc he won't be much help. But if he plays most nights for a few shifts where he has the green light to play his game, then it will be other teams changing their lineups b/c they know the Rangers are in town. When that happens, all the attention moves off of a player like Gaborik and onto whether there will be any fireworks. This evens the ice and is well worth it if it means that our (few) skill players feel more confident.

An extra 4-5 goals from the 4th line isn't going to make or break our season but a menacing presence any time teams play the Rangers will keep other teams honest.
Spot. On.

I could not put it any better.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

Ya so if Matt Cooke elbows Anisimov in the face, I really doubt Booggaard will go after him. Most videos I've seen is Booggaard is fighting the other teams enforcer. It will most likely be Avery Dubinsky Callahan etc....1.6 for a tough guy to fight the other team's tough guy is a waste... Much rather have a complete player like Ryan Clowe, Wayne Simmons, Brendan Morrow etc

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:52 AM
BlueShirts702

vCash: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Ya so if Matt Cooke elbows Anisimov in the face, I really doubt Booggaard will go after him. Most videos I've seen is Booggaard is fighting the other teams enforcer. It will most likely be Avery Dubinsky Callahan etc....1.6 for a tough guy to fight the other team's tough guy is a waste... Much rather have a complete player like Ryan Clowe, Wayne Simmons, Brendan Morrow etc
I guess when he injured Hemsky it was in a fight?? DB can play the game well enough for a regular shift on the fourth line and I fully expect him to do so.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:24 AM
beastly115

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love hockey.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:10 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
This is the kind of stuff that makes me love hockey.

Hahaha, that's awesome.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:35 AM
missionaborted

Someone should definitely start www.Boogaardfacts.com

"Derek Boogaard drives around in a Hummer covered in other players' missing teeth."

"Derek Boogaard has the Shinnin..."

missionaborted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
I don't want Boogaard chasing a particular player, I want him to get shifts in that game where he's out to hurt. He's a much dirtier player than Orr and even after he misses some knees and heads, the message is sent and face it, if you're the Flyers, Pens, Devils, Caps you have more to lose in terms of top talent than we do. That will either calm down the game or just have it explode and either outcome is better for us and much better than doing nothing.

Old
08-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Black Tank

The 1.6 makes me laugh, the same fans that keep bringing it up will be whining and moaning on the forums about how he should get suspended for the season when he takes a run at one of their roster players.

The Rangers were soft pre and post Orr and if Boogaard gets shifts, he is going to be a real problem for other teams. And if his 5 or so minutes a night cost us a goal against, so be it. He's getting paid not to play defense or create opportunities but to be a pain in the ass making other teams react.

I'm looking forward to it.

Old
08-20-2010, 08:14 AM
NYR27

Quote:
The 1.6 makes me laugh, the same fans that keep bringing it up will be whining and moaning on the forums about how he should get suspended for the season when he takes a run at one of their roster players.

The Rangers were soft pre and post Orr and if Boogaard gets shifts, he is going to be a real problem for other teams. And if his 5 or so minutes a night cost us a goal against, so be it. He's getting paid not to play defense or create opportunities but to be a pain in the ass making other teams react.

I'm looking forward to it.
plus - and I hate to bring this up again - but I can see the Boogard Chant video posted earlier being relived at the Garden if the Carcillo/Gaborik situation ever happens again...

it is definitely a transition year at best for us - we at least deserve to have someone that is going to put fear into some of the ******** around the league...I also think that having a tough guy of this nature will allow Avery to be more of the pest he should be as opposed to being one of the "tough guys" that he was forced to be last year

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

came here to LoL at the thread title

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 08:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

How many fighting majors do you think hell get this year?

I think they'll probably be a little more towards the start of the year compared to the end considering hes moving from west to east. I know hes got a reputation around the league but im sure there are a few guys like Orr who havent seen him as much and want a taste. Orr or guys like him wont back down either, hell take it as a challenge. Carcillo? hmmm doubt it - theyve never tussled.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:15 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How many fighting majors do you think hell get this year?

I think they'll probably be a little more towards the start of the year compared to the end considering hes moving from west to east. I know hes got a reputation around the league but im sure there are a few guys like Orr who havent seen him as much and want a taste. Orr or guys like him wont back down either, hell take it as a challenge. Carcillo? hmmm doubt it - theyve never tussled.
In another thread someone posted that Boogy's record last year was 7-0-2, and that if he's not going to fight more then that why bother having him.

1. I think thats smallish record is do to players not wanting to get their clocks cleaned, not as an indication of his TOI.

2. When thinking about it, we play TO 6x, unless Orr is hurt and out of the game, I dont see him ever backing down, so thats at least 6 fights with him alone. Then you got the other guys from the east like you mentioned, not having fought him before. And I get the feeling Konpoka isnt going to back down either as well as the Isles signing Yablonski after we signed Boogaard. Yablonski and Boogy had some E P I C battles in the AHL.

Old
08-20-2010, 09:16 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
I don't want Boogaard chasing a particular player, I want him to get shifts in that game where he's out to hurt. He's a much dirtier player than Orr and even after he misses some knees and heads, the message is sent and face it, if you're the Flyers, Pens, Devils, Caps you have more to lose in terms of top talent than we do. That will either calm down the game or just have it explode and either outcome is better for us and much better than doing nothing.
That's the way I see it and why I mentioned the other day I wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers occasionally use him in pwp situations for instance against huge physical defensemen like Pronger or Chara--especially Pronger who hacks and chops everything in his path--who tend to dominate those situations physically. Pronger coming back to the net to protect his goalie might be running into a trainwreck and it would be well deserved.

I don't have a big problem with the expenditure. I think two of the big reasons why the Rangers went after and signed him were teams running Lundqvist and that fight between Carcillo and Gaborik last year. I wonder how willing Carcillo is going to be against Boogaard. Probably not very.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:23 AM
ThirdEye

Of course since he's with the Rangers now he'll automatically be three times less effective

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
How does he catch the babies with his bad back and utter lack of hockey skill? More believable if they were dead babies.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:37 AM
SML

Quote:
No kidding. Except Clowe, Simmons, and Morrow were not available, and certainly not for 1.6M. I'd rather have Ovechkin, but it isn't an option, so why bring it up?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Xtranova

Might actually be a nice asset to the team, though over payed.

When that's said... Voros was just too soft. Got me looking the other way... Brash probably breathes dust, and Avery is nice for the tough smaller, let's show the world we got BALLS fights

So might be a good addition if he gets ice time consistently as mentioned here

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote