HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our First Line is Looking Legit

Old
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
CavsandJax21

vCash: 500
Our First Line is Looking Legit

I know we've seen this group of Nash-Brass-Jake for only a couple of weeks, but this group has been very strong since they've been together. Brassard got red hot playing alongside Nash and I think has himself a shot at 60-70 points this year at the pace he's going. And Jake seems to be turning it around. What do you guys think? Do we finally have a legitimate top line to roll out? Or are we just being teased once again?

CavsandJax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:05 AM
blujakx
Where am I?

vCash: 50
Well then it's perfect timing that Nash gets injured.

Last edited by blujakx: 11-11-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: cannot spell
blujakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Arniel putting a picture of Hitch directly across from Brass' locker indicates that the guy is the master of motivation.

11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
hip check
Go North.

Three streaky players, all seem to be hitting a hot streak at the same time. Its hard to tell if they are legit yet. Honestly I don't know if we will know for at least a few months. It may take into next season to know if they are a sustainable 1st line. I'm more cautious than optimistic, but optimistic none-the-less.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Arniel putting a picture of Hitch directly across from Brass' locker indicates that the guy is the master of motivation.
Did he really do that or are you trolling? (I can't always tell with your posts )

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Did he really do that or are you trolling? (I can't always tell with your posts )
Sarcasm, but I don't think it's a "Mission Accomplished" moment to say that Brassard isn't a bust.

It's interesting how different Arniel is dealing with the youngsters as opposed to Hitch. You think Brassard would have reemerged after that slow start under Hitch? It seems to be working with Brass and I can only hope that it works with Filatov and Voracek.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Doug19

They are all playing great right now, lets see when one of them aren't at the top of the game first. Right now it's going great, but we all know how this can go.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Sarcasm, but I don't think it's a "Mission Accomplished" moment to say that Brassard isn't a bust.

It's interesting how different Arniel is dealing with the youngsters as opposed to Hitch. You think Brassard would have reemerged after that slow start under Hitch? It seems to be working with Brass and I can only hope that it works with Filatov and Voracek.
Arguably, signs of it working for both of them were visible last night. Witness Filatov's play on the Umberger goal, and Voracek's... hell, his whole night.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Renion

Quibble: Nash started heating up after Brassard and Voracek were placed on his line. Brassard was already putting in good efforts before the move, but the line wasn't working. The top line with Nash and Vermette was consistently putting in worse efforts than the second.

Also, Doug61: I think we've already seen that. Voracek's best game of the season was last night, and not just in terms of his scoring.

That being said, I'm a cautious person as well, and I'm always waiting for failure I think Brassard has some of the same work ahead of him as Filatov does, especially in terms of physically hounding players in order to get the puck, and protecting it better when he has it. Last night was a good game for him in that respect, though, as he had a few pretty great plays while in traffic.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
frito

Quote:
lol

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:

When you think that Brassard, Voracek and Filatov have all been in the "doghouse" and how all three of them battled back, I think it shows a lot more confidence in the young players, which is what we need. And now they are coming through for us. If it were Hitch, I don't think they would have the opportunity to come back the way they did under Arniel. These are the players we need to count on, and I think Arniel understands that.

But I agree that it's still too early to determine whether or not any of the three are really going to meet their expectations. But they are all showing good signs. Filatov has had some really good chances, but I think he's still a year away from really being able to bury some of the chances he's given, and he needs to shoot the puck more.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:24 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
When you think that Brassard, Voracek and Filatov have all been in the "doghouse" and how all three of them battled back, I think it shows a lot more confidence in the young players, which is what we need. And now they are coming through for us.
Oh yes. Jake and Brass were so in the doghouse. I don't know how they managed to skate being demoted to the top line and all.

For the love of Pete (not our Pete) would you people quit bringing Hitch into this.

Now, let's enjoy a productive top line please. It's not like our top line has never been productive before. Team will adjust and we'll be on the road a lot here soon.

I am not the least bit shocked they have broken out a bit. I recommended this change a couple of games before it happened. It was an inevitable line combination and hopefully one that's productive for years to come. The only question was when/if Brass would get his crap together. I wasn't the least bit concerned about Nash or Jake.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Oh yes. Jake and Brass were so in the doghouse. I don't know how they managed to skate being demoted to the top line and all.

For the love of Pete (not our Pete) would you people quit bringing Hitch into this.

Now, let's enjoy a productive top line please. It's not like our top line has never been productive before. Team will adjust and we'll be on the road a lot here soon.

I am not the least bit shocked they have broken out a bit. I recommended this change a couple of games before it happened. It was an inevitable line combination and hopefully one that's productive for years to come. The only question was when/if Brass would get his crap together. I wasn't the least bit concerned about Nash or Jake.
Do you have the same confidence in the second line? Any guess as to when their productivity kicks in?

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Do you have the same confidence in the second line? Any guess as to when their productivity kicks in?
Yes and no. But I think Nikki's points are going to start trickling in more constantly now. I think we'll see his first goal sometime in the next 5 games, which includes some rough games on the road.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yes and no. But I think Nikki's points are going to start trickling in more constantly now. I think we'll see his first goal sometime in the next 5 games, which includes some rough games on the road.
Filatov might be more relaxed on the road, I think he gets his first goal on the coast next week.. He is looking stronger almost every game, it takes time for young players to get their heads screwed on correctly sometimes. We need his scoring abilty regardless of the 8-1 blow out vs. the Blues.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 19000
What a great thread. So much better then reading "strip Nash of the C", Brassard is a bust, and Voracek's slow start.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote