HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

How did Tedenby do?

Old
11-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Goose Huckabee

vCash: 500
Can't be anything but happy through the first two games. Hopefully he can continue to play well and make some of my outrageous proclamations about him the past few years seem somewhat sane.

The quote from Mac about him having ice in his veins is dead on. He plays with the same kind of confidence and determination when it's overtime in the finals and the season is on the line.

And yes, he's fun as hell to watch.

Goose Huckabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

There was one point in the third period when he went through a maze of players getting jostled all the way through and still managed to keep the puck on his stick. It was awesome.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:02 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Mats was a favorite of mine......Although small, he was tough as nails.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:18 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Theo Fleury was smaller and scored 45 goals regularly.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Chico Eats

He's sticking around at least until Parise's back. I feel like he's going to be worn out from being tossed around for 3 months, especially if we have nobody sticking up for anybody anymore, and his production is going to drop by then. Next year, he'll be a full time guy.

I told yall he was gonna stick for a while.

Chico Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Eats View Post
He's sticking around at least until Parise's back. I feel like he's going to be worn out from being tossed around for 3 months, especially if we have nobody sticking up for anybody anymore, and his production is going to drop by then. Next year, he'll be a full time guy.

I told yall he was gonna stick for a while.
Clarkson & Mair will do what they can to protect him. Although last night, many did take liberties with him that went unnoticed.

J-Mac should have that issue addressed.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

He reminds me of a smaller, quicker, more nimble zubrus he is very very good at protecting the puck.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:41 AM
KarmaIsAKiller
Larssonist

I'm just grateful because he's willing to make something happen without needing the puck on his stick. More than the scoring chances, I was impressed by how he doubled back at the right times when he didn't see anything he liked.

But we'll have to see how he does against Boston or Philly. No joke defensive squads. Can't get hopes up too high.

KarmaIsAKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:44 AM
CerebralGenesis

Maybe once Tedenby isn't sticklifted, literally the guy sticklifted his stick and half his weight, off the ice I'll consider him a good puck protector. Right now he has a lot of traits but that's not one of them if you can get muscled off at will

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Cowbell232

I used to be convinced he wouldn't make it a full season without being traded.

Now I think he'll at least play out his ELC. Holy hell has his game improved.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Chico Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Clarkson & Mair will do what they can to protect him. Although last night, many did take liberties with him that went unnoticed.

J-Mac should have that issue addressed.
Brodeur especially. Pelley is definitely an energetic guy who is creating more offense than he ever has, but he's fading into a *****. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen him scrapping at the end of plays in a while.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:53 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

There is a Teddy jersey in my future.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Cowbell232

Are you kidding me? Elias was guarding him like a little brother. He was pulling people off him left and right, which while Elias isn't a fighter, he's very good at separating people after a play.

They had some great chemistry. I think Tedenby is an excellent Sykora replacement on a new A Line.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Chico Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Are you kidding me? Elias was guarding him like a little brother. He was pulling people off him left and right, which while Elias isn't a fighter, he's very good at separating people after a play.

They had some great chemistry. I think Tedenby is an excellent Sykora replacement on a new A Line.
I do love that line too. And maybe there were more scraps than the TV captured, because I did see Elias facewashing and headlocking a few guys, but I've also seen Teddy isolated and thrown around multiple times after the play in the last 2 games.

Teddy can handle it though, he's a grown ass man. I'm more concerned about how every time Brodeur gets stabbed with a stick, we politely ask the other team to leave the crease.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

I'd venture a guess and say they need him more than he needs them. He's a skill player and as such is only useful in a top six. When Parise comes back, if they're not going to play him in the top six, please send him back down.

Also, someone will be slapping you in the future, might be me, might be someone else for suggesting to trade Boo.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:06 AM
CerebralGenesis

When Gagner, i think, was just stabbing brodeur like a corpse I was jumping up and down looking for Vol to come out and freight train his dumbbutt to the ice. Kovy skated over and probs said "pees stop what you doing."

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I'd venture a guess and say they need him more than he needs them. He's a skill player and as such is only useful in a top six. When Parise comes back, if they're not going to play him in the top six, please send him back down.

Also, someone will be slapping you in the future, might be me, might be someone else for suggesting to trade Boo.
I really thought he was going to Bergfors 2.0. I really did.

I'm more then happy to eat crow if he keeps this up. I had no idea he had this in him. His play without the puck has been better the last two games then any AHL/Propsect/Training Camp/WJC/whatever I've seen him in before.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

I'm more then happy to eat crow if he keeps this up. I had no idea he had this in him. His play without the puck has been better the last two games then any AHL/Propsect/Training Camp/WJC/whatever I've seen him in before.
I guess he's learning on the job. The things he lacks can be taught. The things he has? Not so much!

Old
11-13-2010, 09:10 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

The way he keeps his balance is pretty ****ing cool. Its like watching myself on the ice, only with talent and skill.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Chico Eats

Quote:
Meh, I woke up this morning wondering (and hoping against it) if he was just going to be showcased and then Bergfors'd

Old
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Eats View Post
Meh, I woke up this morning wondering (and hoping against it) if he was just going to be showcased and then Bergfors'd
For what and for whom? He certainly won't be added in as a salary dump. And we don't have the room to add anyone else. He's here because we need skill in our top six. What are you going to do? Call up Mills, or Zharkov to play in the top six?

Old
11-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Chico Eats

Quote:
For what and for whom? He certainly won't be added in as a salary dump. And we don't have the room to add anyone else. He's here because we need skill in our top six. What are you going to do? Call up Mills, or Zharkov to play in the top six?
I meant closer to the deadline/when Zach is back. Bergfors was playing all Winter with us, that's why the Thrashers liked him because they saw him in a lot of NHL action, not 5 games.

And I don't know who... but I bet you wouldn't have guessed Kovy last year. A lot of time is going to pass and a lot of guys are going to get sick of their team. I think it would HAVE to be a top line defenseman and we would have to sweeten the deal with one of our cap heavy vets and maybe a lesser known prospect.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
If Tedenby was going to be traded for a veteran, I think it would have happened already. Didn't Atlanta ask for him in the Kovy deal, and Lou turned them down? That to me suggests that Lou considers him nearly untouchable, because if there is anybody you trade a flashy prospect for, it's the established flashy sniper.

Either way, glad to see that Tedenby has entered the show with a bang, and I hope he sticks around a while.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
JimEIV

Quote:

He gets rag dolled every shift. If he doesn't learn to overcome and work within his size limitations he wont last long.

Edit: From what I've seen so far he is much smarter than Bergfors right now and that is without the benefit of 4 years in the AHL

Last edited by JimEIV: 11-13-2010 at 10:16 AM.
JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
He does need more lower body strength. Small guys who succeed in the league, like St Louis and Gionta, have legs like tree trunks. That's why they can stand their ground against bigger players. Tedenby needs to do that too, his speed alone won't make him successful.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote