HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks-Canucks

Old
11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
99 steps
to the top

vCash: 500
Hawks-Canucks

Hawks need 5/6 defensive help in the worst way...

Canucks have too many 5/6 defensemen...

To Hawks: Andrew Alberts
To Canucks: Hawks 3rd in 2011

Note -- this might seem like overpayment, but we cannot keep running Boynton/Hendry/Cullimore out there any longer...

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
HemskyToHall*

Considering the way Alberts has played, Canucks do not touch this.

BTW Canucks fans, I see Ballard has been scratched twice this season instead of Rome, any reason why?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
We already have 2 pylons on back end (Cullimore/Boynton)

No need to pickup an expensive version

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
knivez

No. Albert's has been solid so far, and the Canucks always seem to have a depleted defence group by the time April rolls around.

knivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:57 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

vCash: 50
Actually Albert has been very solid for Vancouver this season I don't think they'll trade him

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
eklunds source

The Canucks probably wouldn't move Alberts to the Blackhawks for a 1st rounder. It would be ******** to do ANYTHING to help the team that has knocked them out two years running. They wouldn't trade a thing to the Blackhawks that would make them even SLIGHTLY better - unless they felt that what they got in return improved them more than the BHawks. A draft pick wouldn't do that.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
The Canucks probably wouldn't move Alberts to the Blackhawks for a 1st rounder. It would be ******** to do ANYTHING to help the team that has knocked them out two years running. They wouldn't trade a thing to the Blackhawks that would make them even SLIGHTLY better - unless they felt that what they got in return improved them more than the BHawks. A draft pick wouldn't do that.
Considering that unless the Blackhawks are tanking bad, it'd be in the 22 - 30 range, I wouldn't do it either, we don't need to draft, we want to win now.

If you want one of our defenders, it'll cost you lots of cheap 4th line depth

But you won't do that, so this is a no-deal from both sides.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Sheik Yerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post

BTW Canucks fans, I see Ballard has been scratched twice this season instead of Rome, any reason why?
Rome and Alberts have been outplaying him. Coaches moto is that you have to earn your icetime.

With the way Rome has been playing maybe the Blackhawks would be interested in him for a 3rd.

Alberts is a much needed big body and has been playing better than any blackhawk fan who saw him play in the playoffs would realize.

Sheik Yerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
Rome and Alberts have been outplaying him. Coaches moto is that you have to earn your icetime.

With the way Rome has been playing maybe the Blackhawks would be interested in him for a 3rd.

Alberts is a much needed big body and has been playing better than any blackhawk fan who saw him play in the playoffs would realize.
uhm no they haven't. Ballard has played way better then both of them. Av is a ****** thats why hes scratched. Such a joke

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:21 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

The Canucks don't have a large number of capable 5/6 defenseman. Alberts has been our best on the bottom pairing so there is no reason to trade him right now, especially to the Blackhawks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
uhm no they haven't. Ballard has played way better then both of them. Av is a ****** thats why hes scratched. Such a joke
Ballard is "scratched" because both Alberts and Rome are playing well enough to justify giving Ballard some more time to recover from his injury. AV has 300 more NHL wins than you'll ever have, btw.

Last edited by chopkins: 11-11-2010 at 11:59 PM.
chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:36 PM
God
Free Citizen

Ballard is not 100%. He's listed as healthy but he really isn't. It seems odd to me that a week before his return to the ice, Ballard was apparently not able to work out without feeling concussion symptoms, and all of a sudden he's able to play again. Besides, he has also had offseason hip surgery and will take a while to get back to game form.

It's been great seeing Rome and Alberts step up.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthVanCanuck View Post
The Canucks don't have a large number of capable 5/6 defenseman. Alberts has been our best on the bottom pairing so their is no reason to trade him right now, especially to the Blackhawks.

Ballard is "scratched" because both Alberts and Rome are playing well enough to justify giving Ballard some more time to recover from his injury. AV has 300 more NHL wins than you'll ever have, btw.
True words spoken right here. Also Ballard has been some what rusty but he will give it a good shake back to prime time in a short time.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Virtanev
+

No thanks, you can have Rome tho.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:46 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Ballard has ZERO points and is -3

Alberts leads the team in hits.
Alberts leads the D in +- at +5
Alberts is 2nd in blocked shots.
Alberts has 3 points.

Rome has 2 points and is -1 and hits more than Ballard.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
JuniorNelson

Canucks have already run out of Dmen this season, playing the previously waived Parent.It is true they need a center or two, but they won't trade away D depth to get it.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrep View Post

Alberts has 3 points.

First, Ballard has been suited up on the third pairing with Rome/Alberts (mostly Rome) and often left out to dry by one of them. Second, he is not meant to score points. He is meant to play defense, something he is relatively solid at.

Nonetheless, no from both teams. Albert is gradually displaying competence even if he has his blunders and his contract is too expense for Chicago to even consider. Finally, a third for Chicago equates to a nobody prospect that will probably be a career AHLer under most circumstances.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:25 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
First, Ballard has been suited up on the third pairing with Rome/Alberts (mostly Rome) and often left out to dry by one of them. Second, he is not meant to score points. He is meant to play defense, something he is relatively solid at.Nonetheless, no from both teams. Albert is gradually displaying competence even if he has his blunders and his contract is too expense for Chicago to even consider. Finally, a third for Chicago equates to a nobody prospect that will probably be a career AHLer under most circumstances.
I don't know what you have been watching....I have seen all of the Canucks games and several live.
If he was hung out to dry by Alberts etc. then Alberts +- would be poor as well as Ballard's.
Ballard's play has been poor to say the least but in fairness he is not 100%.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
I don't know what you have been watching....I have seen all of the Canucks games and several live.
If he was hung out to dry by Alberts etc. then Alberts +- would be poor as well as Ballard's.
Ballard's play has been poor to say the least but in fairness he is not 100%.
Note the "mostly Rome" portion of my post you conveniently missed. I have watched just about every Canucks game myself and while Ballard has not been top notch, he is hardly a drop off overall. Albert has certainly had his facepalming moments, albeit his improvement overall is astonishing. Ballard started decent and has sort of floated since his return.

Suppose I simply do not place much stock in plus/minus, especially not with how the Canucks have played. Too inconsistent.

Old
11-11-2010, 11:49 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Note the "mostly Rome" portion of my post you conveniently missed. I have watched just about every Canucks game myself and while Ballard has not been top notch, he is hardly a drop off overall. Albert has certainly had his facepalming moments, albeit his improvement overall is astonishing. Ballard started decent and has sort of floated since his return.

Suppose I simply do not place much stock in plus/minus, especially not with how the Canucks have played. Too inconsistent.
I wish my team was too inconsistent....the Canucks are 1st in their division, 2nd in their conference and are 7 2 1 over the last 10 games.

I mentioned Rome but you choose to not see or ignore it.
Ballard will be fine when he is 100%.

Old
11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
ManoWarrior

Quote:

Alberts has 3 points.

Ballard hits harder and more frequently than Rome (Rome's decent physically, but Ballard is known around the league for his physicality). We have the luxury of letting Ballard get 100% healthy, so he's sitting out for now. No reason to take chances for the regular season. Simple as that. There is no controversy or "AV being ********".

As for the proposal, that needs to be a 1st rounder for the Canucks to consider making that trade because of the circumstances. I know that that is a ridiculous overpayment, but the Canucks would need overpayment to improve the Hawks' roster. Make a trade for a d man on a different team.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Lord of Light
R + L = Lightbringer

Doubt Canucks and Hawks trade players for the next few years...

I never expected us to get Ladd. But if there was a real chance I'd be pissed Atlanta got such a great player. Big Buff and Vancouver ehhh I'd love to have him but there are some "issues"

Lord of Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post

Quote:
I'm one of the people that were shocked by the decision. I thought Ballard had really up'ed his game since coming back from injury in the absence of Hamhuis. He wasn't scoring, but he was doing a lot of the little things right such as blocking shots and being responsible with the puck.

I don't see the point in sending a message to a player that is JUST back from injury and is trying to get back into game shape.. Stupid decision.. Give him 10 games and if he still isn't up to speed then scratch him as much as you want.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Canucks don't touch this.

Alberts is quality defensive depth, there is no reason for us to trade him.

Edler
Ehrhoff
Hamhuis
Ballard
Salo
Bieksa
Alberts
Rome
Parent

That's our defensive depth. Having a guy like Parent as our 9th defender shows ya something about the quality. We want to carry this into the playoffs as we seem to always have major injuries in the post season that help add to our eventual downfall. Plus, why trade him to a top competitor?

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
BloatedGuppy

Ballard is apparently still demonstrating some post-concussion symptoms, and the Canucks have decided that he could benefit from some more rest and practice as the other defencemen they have are playing well enough that making a change really isn't necessary at this time.

As to Ballard not being an offensive defenceman, he scored 39 points in his rookie season. Edler's career high is 42, and we consider him an offensive defenceman. Ballard is a very competent puck moving D. He hasn't been healthy.

And finally, as to Alberts to the Hawks for a 3rd...we paid a 3rd for his services, and after a rough start last year he has more than stepped up to the plate. He's added a huge physical dimension to the Canucks blueline and been very steady back there, even chipping in a few points. Moving Alberts for picks right now would be foolish.

BloatedGuppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
I wish my team was too inconsistent....the Canucks are 1st in their division, 2nd in their conference and are 7 2 1 over the last 10 games.

I mentioned Rome but you choose to not see or ignore it.
Ballard will be fine when he is 100%.
Funny, I see no mention of Rome. I suppose the "etc" if you want works. Either way, he is a -1. So my point stands.

Inconsistency does not equate to losing. They score in bursts, allow goals in bursts.