HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Draft Day Trade Prediction Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2004, 11:43 AM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Draft Day Trade Prediction Thread

gimme some far out stuff...

Phoenix Coyotes trade Brian Boucher, Matthew Spiller, and the 5th overall pick in the 2004 draft to the Montreal Canadiens for Jose Theodore and a 3rd round pick in the 2005 draft. Montreal uses the 5th overall pick to select Rostislav Olesz.

Colorado Avalanche trade Philippe Sauve, the 21st overall pick in the 2004 draft, and a 4th round pick in 2005 to the St. Louis Blues for Dallas Drake and the 17th overall pick in the 2004 draft. Colorado uses the 17th overall pick to select Wojtek Wolski, while St. Louis uses the 21st overall pick to select Jakub Sindel.

San Jose Sharks trade Scott Thornton to the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 3rd round pick in the 2005 draft.

Buffalo Sabres trade Brian Campbell and the 13th overall pick in the 2004 draft to the Washington Capitals for Dainus Zubrus and a 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft. Washington uses the 13th overall pick to select Kyle Chipchura.

stuff like that. see what kind of ideas you can come up with, or shoot down mine like you usually do. whatever works!

Old
06-12-2004, 12:19 PM
RaTcine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy

Phoenix Coyotes trade Brian Boucher, Matthew Spiller, and the 5th overall pick in the 2004 draft to the Montreal Canadiens for Jose Theodore and a 3rd round pick in the 2005 draft. Montreal uses the 5th overall pick to select Rostislav Olesz.
Dream on.
No way Habs would go get Brian Boucher and loose Jose Theodore. That would be plain sick and stupid.

Old
06-12-2004, 12:25 PM
guitaraholic*

Quote:

Colorado Avalanche trade Philippe Sauve, the 21st overall pick in the 2004 draft, and a 4th round pick in 2005 to the St. Louis Blues for Dallas Drake and the 17th overall pick in the 2004 draft. Colorado uses the 17th overall pick to select Wojtek Wolski, while St. Louis uses the 21st overall pick to select Jakub Sindel.

San Jose Sharks trade Scott Thornton to the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 3rd round pick in the 2005 draft.

Buffalo Sabres trade Brian Campbell and the 13th overall pick in the 2004 draft to the Washington Capitals for Dainus Zubrus and a 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft. Washington uses the 13th overall pick to select Kyle Chipchura.

stuff like that. see what kind of ideas you can come up with, or shoot down mine like you usually do. whatever works!

Wow, I never would have thought of trading an Unrestricted Free Agent, which is what you have the Blues doing by dealing Drake. Great idea..
Sarcasm aside I expect the Blues to be active in draft day deals. I expect one of Demitra, Tkachuk or Weight to be dealt. Yes, KT and DW have no-trade clauses but I believe they'd waive it, particularly Weight as his tenure in St.Louis seems to be on thin ice. I base this on no factual information whatsoever, by the way.

Old
06-12-2004, 12:29 PM
RaTcine

Why do you think the Blues will try to trade one of their star players?

Old
06-12-2004, 12:48 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
Dream on.
No way Habs would go get Brian Boucher and loose Jose Theodore. That would be plain sick and stupid.
you soud exactly like the guy in your picture. look closer wiener, the trade isn't about Brian Boucher.

Old
06-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

!
No reason for the Sharks to trade him. They just locked him up for a few more years, he's the closest thing to a power forward on the roster, and the Sharks aren't exactly looking to get young. With Damp and Ricci's futures with the Sharks in question, he supplies much needed veteran leadership. Plus, a late 3rd round pick in this draft...no thank you.

06-12-2004, 01:00 PM
speeds

one trade I could easily see playing out is CLB moving from 4 overall to 3, if they want to assure themselves Barker, and if CHI wants a F anyways they can trade down and still get who they want.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:05 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of Tragedy
No reason for the Sharks to trade him. They just locked him up for a few more years, he's the closest thing to a power forward on the roster, and the Sharks aren't exactly looking to get young. With Damp and Ricci's futures with the Sharks in question, he supplies much needed veteran leadership. Plus, a late 3rd round pick in this draft...no thank you.
fair enough. 2005 draft though. could be a different scenario by then.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
fair enough. 2005 draft though. could be a different scenario by then.
Oh yea very much. I assumed you meant the 04 but if ya made the offer of a 3rd in '05 at this draft...I'd strongly consider it (but I'd doubt if I'd do it all things considered going into next season).

Old
06-12-2004, 01:23 PM
guitaraholic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
Why do you think the Blues will try to trade one of their star players?
Demitra is in Pleau's doghouse by all accounts. He's disappeared in the playoffs on a couple of occasions. I believe Pleau thinks his game isn't gritty enough and that he doesn't show up for big games. It's widely speculated in St.Louis that Demitra is gone so I'm not coming up with this on my own.
www.stlouisblues.com -- read the Wigge article. Despite what you may think of Larry, who I happen to respect as a hockey writer, he has connections to the Blues so if he infers the Blues almost dealt Demitra to the Isle's at last year's draft then he knows something on very good authority. His connections to the Blues brass are, for a journalist, unmatched.

Old
06-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Here's my wild predictions which I posted in my own thread a while back.

They are off the wall, just as you wanted:

Danrik's Draft Day Predictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RALEIGH ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS ARENA - Draft Day 2004 is a wild one, as Mike Milbury misses the good old days when he would go nuts on draft day. Therefore, 'Mad Mike' gets the fun and games going when he ships center Alexei Yashin, prospect center Jeremy Colliton and the Islanders next 13 first round draft picks to the Washington Capitals for the first overall pick. With the first overall pick, he chooses goaltender Marek Schwarz, calling him "the next Dominik Hasek". In responce to all the media backlash, he says "Who's general manager of this team - you (bleeping) village idiots or me? I know what the (bleep) I'm doing!" Of course, since Milbury believes Schwarz is NHL ready (he is the next Hasek after all), he clears the crease by announcing that he will not re-sign veteran backup goalie Garth Snow and that he has traded Rick DiPietro and Trent Hunter to the St. Louis Blues for Eric Boguniecki and Peter Sejna.

When Washington Capitals GM Gordon McPhee was asked why he agreed to trade the first overall pick, he said "Well, we felt ever since we traded Jaromir we lacked a guy who could score goals. We're thrilled to get Alexei - he's such a hard-working guy, a real bargain in today's NHL filled with overpaid players. Plus, we get another WHL prospect in Colliton and can draft 13 more with the first round picks we acquired. Overall, we're thrilled with this deal, we feel it makes us much better of a team, now and in the future."

In other news, the New York Islanders picked up left winger Darcy Tucker from the Toronto Maple Leafs for Mark Parrish. It's believed that Tucker will play on an energy line with center Mike Peca.

Also, Brian Burke was named GM of the Chicago Blackhawks, and he immediately proceeded to trade away all four of his second round draft picks to the Montreal Canadiens for his goaltender of the future, Mathieu Garon. "Garon fits perfectly into our blueprint," Burke said when asked about the deal.

Rangers GM Glen Sather announced that he would like to pursue a free agent goalie to back up Dunham (and perhaps spell him off) - it is widely believed that Garth Snow is the frontrunning candidate for Slats to sign.

The Blues, now free of the tampering charge of trying to sign Scott Stevens, now try to sign Stevens' teammate Scott Niedermayer. Again they are penalized and will give up this year's first round pick.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:28 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Dallas Drake is an unrestricted free agent and that is drastic overpayment on Colorado's part.

They give up a 22 year old goaltending prospect and a 4th round pick to move up 4 spots? No thanks; no interest whatsoever.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
FF de Mars

I like your trade with Montreal. I think MTL should go with Garon and trade Theo (especially to a western team like the Coyotes). My counter proposal would be Theodore for #5, Spiller, and McLeod (however, I'm not sure of his trade value, I've never seen him play, but I noticed he's big and tall and exactly what the habs need, so if he's the blue chipper type that you can't move, just tell me... but I don't think he is a blue chipper, based on that he is ranked 3rd prospect on the coyotes board).

From hab p.o.v.: #5 gives Montreal a very high pick and the chance to draft a star. McLeod is the 6'5 216 pounds big center they have been waiting for. With Koivu and Ribeiro as our two first two centers, McLeod adds size and grit to the smurfs, which adresses a weakness. Spiller is a big defencemen, 6'5 210 pounds, who plays with toughness. He is ready to play in the NHL and would replace Bouillon as our 6th defencemen. He would stabilize our defence and has the potential to become a top 4 defencemen. Seriously, with the emergence of Garon, it makes sense.

From Coyotes p.o.v. : Well, as simple as that, they get a top 10 goaltender who can play like a superstar. It stabilizes their team, and solves the goalie problem.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:56 PM
AvsGuy

nice. i remember that thread, i kinda noticed it disappeared so i made a new one.

more...

Toronto Maple Leafs trade Nikolai Antropov and Tomas Kaberle to the Florida Panthers for the 7th overall pick in the 2004 draft and Filip Novak. With the 7th overall pick, the Maple Leafs select Boris Valabik.

Nashville Predators trade the 15th overall pick in the 2004 draft to the Ottawa Senators for Greg DeVries, Josh Langfeld and future considerations. With the 15th overall pick, the Senators select Alex Picard.

New York Islanders trad Shawn Bates to the San Jose Sharks for a 3rd round pick in the 2005 draft.

Colorado Avalanche trade Riku Hahl and the 21st overall pick in the 2004 draft to the St. Louis Blues for Doug Weight and a conditional 3rd round draft choice. With the 21st overall pick, the Blues select Devan Dubnyk.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

I think Giguere will be up for grabs come draft day.

Old
06-12-2004, 02:58 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Dallas Drake is an unrestricted free agent and that is drastic overpayment on Colorado's part.

They give up a 22 year old goaltending prospect and a 4th round pick to move up 4 spots? No thanks; no interest whatsoever.
yeah, brain fart on my part. i forgot about the UFA thing. he'd have to have a contract first for that to be at all fair.

Old
06-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Barnaby3636

The Ny Rangers trade: Tom Poti and 24th overall to Atlanta for 10th overall and a 4th rd

Ny Rangers trade Jamie Lundmark 2nd rd pick and Corey Potter to Nashivle for 14th overall

Old
06-12-2004, 03:28 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Coyotes would never do this deal. IMO they will keep Boosh and Johnson untill Leveneau is ready to take over as the #1. We won't look for a big name goalie untill Leveneau fails.

Last time Coyotes had pick near this spot we got Doaner, so we will look to get another star forward at #5.

Old
06-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher
I think Giguere will be up for grabs come draft day.
Al Coates wanted to trade Fre Brathwaite, a goalie who had shown he could be a little bit consistant, or only protect three defensemen in the expansion draft, just so he could keep Giguere in 2000. For some odd reason, I doubt his opinion on Giguere has gone down. In fact, I think he's as high on Giguere as he ever has been.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:01 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan
Coyotes would never do this deal. IMO they will keep Boosh and Johnson untill Leveneau is ready to take over as the #1. We won't look for a big name goalie untill Leveneau fails.

Last time Coyotes had pick near this spot we got Doaner, so we will look to get another star forward at #5.
That's what I though, also, and I'm a hab fan. I was only wishing that since it came from a neutral fan (avs) it was not so biased... Value wise, do you think it's doable though?

Old
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:

Horrible,horrible trade.

Zubrus wouldn't even play on the top 3 lines,and we will keep 13 or trade up.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan

ps, i like your avatar.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:26 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Horrible,horrible trade.

Zubrus wouldn't even play on the top 3 lines,and we will keep 13 or trade up.
a) gimme 9 players on the Sabre's better than Zubrus.

b) try making a proposal in which you trade up. give it a shot.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:42 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
a) gimme 9 players on the Sabre's better than Zubrus.

b) try making a proposal in which you trade up. give it a shot.

Well 1 line is already locked up as they have amazing chemistry, and that is Bartovic-Roy-Afinogenov.Satan,Drury,Dumont,Hecht,Briere and Vanek/Kotalik/Grier will play on our top 2 lines.

Trade up proposal?

To Chicago:13th Overall,Miroslav Satan,JP Dumont and Phoenix 3rd rounder
To Buffalo :3rd Overall

I probably offered too much anyway.

Old
06-12-2004, 04:46 PM
FF de Mars

My trade proposals

Just for fun, here are my mtl's proposals :

(1) mtl-van : Jose Theodore + #18 for Todd Bertuzzi

(2) mtl-fla : Zednik for #7 and Huselius