HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Stars - 11/11 - POSTGAME CELEBRATION!

Old
11-12-2010, 02:56 AM
sweatypickle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Lots of crying and whining in this thread...
go kings!

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
go kings!
LOL, because you criticized Brown pickle, you're somehow not grateful for the Kings win . . . you should be ashamed of yourself

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
NomadFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Clifford is a beast, loved seeing him destroy Segal then give him the goodjob pat on the way up.
Oh is that what that was! I thought he was giving him taunt-slaps/hair pulls since the linesmen had them both held down, and it was the only way Clifford could continue wailing on him.

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Cruel11

Uh Westgarth....

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Shellz

Game is on again if anybody cares.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Did you even watch the game?

Brown is embarrassing? In what way, scoring need goals? Driving the net? Throwing checks? Solid defensive play? Yah embarrassing.

Oh yah Kopi was a ghost for sure. He never set up two goals. He never controled the pace of play with the puck. Never owned the battles in the corners. Never nearly scored with shorthanded only stopped by a penalty. Very ghost like.
Oh, Brown isn't embarrassing? Did you not see the embellishment . . but I guess honesty and sportsmanship doesn't matter to you . . a win is a win right? Throwing checks? LOL, he's not even debating you on his actually game play. What he's saying is that Brown's dive is disgusting and is a disgrace to the game. You can argue all you want about other **** but the bottom line is that the Kings captain is a DIVER and you guys let him off the hook.

I'm extremely happy that the Kings won but Brown's character should be put in check . . .

Old
11-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Game is on again if anybody cares.
Shellz, how about a GIF . . I could use one right now

Old
11-12-2010, 03:09 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Lots of ******ry on this thread too but you don't see me using the shakehead icon. Where is Quattro when you need him?
I'm pretty happy with the win and being atop the Western Conference perch. I don't feel the need to complain and whine about anything right now...lifes pretty good for this Kings fan.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:10 AM
KingLB

Quote:
LOL, because you criticized Brown pickle, you're somehow not grateful for the Kings win . . . you should be ashamed of yourself
That's because people are always gonna find something to complain about....

Brown isn't laying big hits...man the captaincy is getting to him, take it away.

Brown isn't scoring man the captaincy is getting to him, take it away.

Brown draws penalty and leads team in scoring o wait he didn't do it by "Cutty's code" take away the captaincy.

No matter what players do someone is always going to complain, Kopi isn't dominate enough....are you kidding me...there are maybe a handful of players that are truly dominate at all times.

Oh Doughty isn't getting garbage secondary assists.....man slump...nothing to do with a concussion or the fact that his position on the PP has shifted and JJ now has it, you know the guy that has all the garbage assists hmm....

O every player on are team isn't getting 20 mins a nite we better trade them they are being wasted on our 3rd line...

Did you see our #6 defensemen wow he is playing like garbage he mighta made one bad play plus he is 21 way past his prime....better get that Norris candidate sitting in the press box instead.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
That's because people are always gonna find something to complain about....

Brown isn't laying big hits...man the captaincy is getting to him, take it away.

Brown isn't scoring man the captaincy is getting to him, take it away.

Brown draws penalty and leads team in scoring o wait he didn't do it by "Cutty's code" take away the captaincy.

No matter what players do someone is always going to complain, Kopi isn't dominate enough....are you kidding me...there are maybe a handful of players that are truly dominate at all times.

Oh Doughty isn't getting garbage secondary assists.....man slump...nothing to do with a concussion or the fact that his position on the PP has shifted and JJ now has it, you know the guy that has all the garbage assists hmm....

O every player on are team isn't getting 20 mins a nite we better trade them they are being wasted on our 3rd line...

Did you see our #6 defensemen wow he is playing like garbage he mighta made one bad play plus he is 21 way past his prime....better get that Norris candidate sitting in the press box instead.
First off, I've never spoken about Doughty or Kopitar like that. . . are you talking about my post or just in general? Do you not agree that Brown's diving is cause for concern or are you just happy to get every PP opportunity you get?

Do you not think the game has a code of conduct among players? Are you willing to have diving apart of the game and more importantly, apart of YOUR Captains' strategy . . .

Old
11-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
I'm pretty happy with the win and being atop the Western Conference perch. I don't feel the need to complain and whine about anything right now...lifes pretty good for this Kings fan.
Again, when did I say that life for a Kings fan sucks or in anyway I'm unhappy with the teams success. I'm very pleased but I'm upset with Brown's strategies . . . you and I both know he sold that call just like he's sold the countless others in the past 2 seasons. I KNOW other players do it but we're not talking about them . . we're talking about Brown.

So just because the team is winning, I can't be upset that MY captain, MY leader of the team I love is acting like a complete ****** on the ice?

Old
11-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Just finished watching the game. Good win. The second line is playing so ridiculously well, I hope they maintain their momentum all season long. Also, I love Brown with Kopitar, I think they compliment each other and have some decent chemistry. My main concern lies with Doughty. I am starting to worry about him. He seems to have lost a couple of steps from his previous form from last year. Hopefully he turns it around soon. Can't really complain overall as long as we keep winning... GO KINGS!

P.S. That disallowed goal was BS, and Quick should never handle the puck again.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 11-12-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Just finished watching the game. Good win. The second line is playing so ridiculously well, I hope they maintain their momentum all season long. Also, I love Brown with Kopitar, I think they compliment each other and have some decent chemistry. My main concern lies with Doughty. I am starting to worry about him. He seems to have lost a couple of steps from his previous form from last year. Hopefully he turns it around soon. Can't really complain overall as long as we keep winning... GO KINGS!
Diving is apart of the game right Telos?

Old
11-12-2010, 03:22 AM
KingLB

Quote:
First off, I've never spoken about Doughty or Kopitar like that. . . are you talking about my post or just in general? Do you not agree that Brown's diving is cause for concern or are you just happy to get every PP opportunity you get?

Do you not think the game has a code of conduct among players? Are you willing to have diving apart of the game and more importantly, apart of YOUR Captains' strategy . . .
General, though you were the focus of the Brown commentary.

But the meat of the post is, would you prefer a 40 pt player that doesn't dive? Brown is what he is, put people like to play the morality police, if his teammates don't have a problem with what he does why do you? Clifford punched Segal while he was on the ground...nothing from you? Seems people only wanna apply certain codes to certain players on these boards....

We all love Heidi and she got a DUI do you have a concern for that? If Dustin Brown(or any established player) didn't give back to the community would you have concern for that? Basically what I'm trying to say is people seem to want results and it has to be done their way on this board (morality police)....the bottom line (to quote DL) every good army has some criminals. Some criminals commit assault and some fraud, just depends on your POV to what is "wrong".

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
General, though you were the focus of the Brown commentary.

But the meat of the post is, would you prefer a 40 pt player that doesn't dive? Brown is what he is, put people like to play the morality police, if his teammates don't have a problem with what he does why do you? Clifford punched Segal while he was on the ground...nothing from you? Seems people only wanna apply certain codes to certain players on these boards....

We all love Heidi and she got a DUI do you have a concern for that? If Dustin Brown(or any established player) didn't give back to the community would you have concern for that? Basically what I'm trying to say is people seem to want results and it has to be done their way on this board (morality police)....the bottom line (to quote DL) every good army has some criminals. Some criminals commit assault and some fraud, just depends on your POV to what is "wrong".
Actually, your post makes a lot of sense. I kind of understand it in regards to Sean Avery because I actually love what he does for the game even though he's a total ****** sometimes. . .

Ugh, I do understand where you are coming from but for some reason DIVING seems beneath all of the other offensives you listed. . .

Is it so wrong to be disgusted of DIVING . . especially from your Captain . . .

Do you not see it ruining hockey. Pretty soon we'll be like basketball, taking penalty shots every time a player makes contact . . .

Old
11-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Diving is apart of the game right Telos?
It is a fact of the game.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:27 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Again, when did I say that life for a Kings fan sucks or in anyway I'm unhappy with the teams success. I'm very pleased but I'm upset with Brown's strategies . . . you and I both know he sold that call just like he's sold the countless others in the past 2 seasons. I KNOW other players do it but we're not talking about them . . we're talking about Brown.

So just because the team is winning, I can't be upset that MY captain, MY leader of the team I love is acting like a complete ****** on the ice?
Not really worried about it dude and I wouldn't care if Brown beat up Marc Crawfords mom to get this win. At this point this car is in cruise control, and I am just going to enjoy the winning. It's been a LONG time since we've seen the Kings play this way.

Quick was solid all game and ****ed up one play in a tight game, but nobody gives a rats rear end about that since we won. Pretty simple stuff Cutty.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Not really worried about it dude and I wouldn't care if Brown beat up Marc Crawfords mom to get this win. At this point this car is in cruise control, and I am just going to enjoy the winning. It's been a LONG time since we've seen the Kings play this way.

Quick was solid all game and ****ed up one play in a tight game, but nobody gives a rats rear end about that since we won. Pretty simple stuff Cutty.
What's your view on Dustin Brown's acting job then. . just curious to get your feedback on it.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
It is a fact of the game.
LOL, at least your consistent

Old
11-12-2010, 03:35 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
What's your view on Dustin Brown's acting job then. . just curious to get your feedback on it.
Indifferent to it.

Refs we're blowing the whistle every other second in the third period, and Brown took advantage of it in the best way he could.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Indifferent to it.

Refs we're blowing the whistle every other second in the third period, and Brown took advantage of it in the best way he could.
And that doesn't bother you? Key word taking advantage . .

Old
11-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
LOL, at least your consistent
I don't like it nor am I proud of it. But it exists, and is done by every team. Any team with Ribeiro on it should know everything there is to know about diving.

On the bright side, diving gives the Kings little to no advantage as powerplays are useless for us.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:41 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
And that doesn't bother you? Key word taking advantage . .
No it doesn't actually. That's what winners do, take advantage of opportunities presented to them.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
I don't like it nor am I proud of it. But it exists, and is done by every team. Any team with Ribeiro on it should know everything there is to know about diving.

On the bright side, diving gives the Kings little to no advantage as powerplays are useless for us.
LOL, I was actually thinking the same thing . . YAY, things we can agree upon!

Old
11-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
No it doesn't actually. That's what winners do, take advantage of opportunities presented to them.
WHAT!!! Winners DIVE and EMBELLISH calls??? Are you serious right now . . . do you know how wrong that statement is? I can't wait to see your kids play in pee-wee hockey. "Winners pretend they're hurt to get calls"

REMEMBER the movie "The Mighty Ducks"? Coach Bombay wanted Conway to go into the boards and pretend to get slashed . . and what did Conway do, he didn't . . he endured and dished the puck out . .

Seriously, your content with the leader of your team acting . . WOW, amazing . .