HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Pee-Wee Quebec - with or without parents?

Old
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
krax

vCash: 500
Pee-Wee Quebec - with or without parents?

Hi,
I am from Europe. Our boy has been selected to play at the Quebec Pee-Wee tournament (class B) in February 2011. He'll be 12 at that time.
Sure it's a great thing for him, question is, is it indispensable for his parents to be there?

We'd rather spend the money on some vacations with all our kids, than follow our boy's team in cold Quebec winter.

Anybody been there? Is it a "don't miss this" for the parents?

He'd be ok with it. Should we just let him go or does this sound like really bad parents?

Thanks
Krax

krax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM
lightningfanqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
Hi,
I am from Europe. Our boy has been selected to play at the Quebec Pee-Wee tournament (class B) in February 2011. He'll be 12 at that time.
Sure it's a great thing for him, question is, is it indispensable for his parents to be there?

We'd rather spend the money on some vacations with all our kids, than follow our boy's team in cold Quebec winter.

He'd be ok with it. Should we just let him go or does this sound like really bad parents?

Thanks
Krax
You can leave him alone, players are logged in family in pair of 2 or 4. But many parents from europe or US are coming because it's a great experiance...with games every days (exhibitions)...a lot of activities....and the parents can cheer for them....it always great to see parents from around the world cheering for their kids. Yes, it's cold...but hockey is a winter sport.

lightningfanqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Briere Up There*

vCash:
I'd go, Quebec is quite lovely. I don't think you'd regret it.

Old
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM
BlackDog13

Take the whole family on a winter vacation to Quebec. I personally wouldn't miss it.

BlackDog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
blueberrydanish

Well I assume there would be alot of time spent towards the event so making it a "family" vacation wouldn't probably be ideal for the other kids enjoyment, but you could always spend a few days extra after its all over and hit the slopes(if there are any there, never been hah) and all that good stuff with everyone.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
timekeep

If you go, try to experience the tapping of maple syrup right from the maple tree.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
If you go, try to experience the tapping of maple syrup right from the maple tree.
He is going in february, not march

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
1stoverall

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Krax
Definitely go, even tho he is only 12 years old, a lot of opportunities can come out of big tournaments like this. Yes it is Canada yes it will be cold but its not like your going to be 100 km from civilization Quebec City and surrounding areas are beautiful and there is plenty to do.

1stoverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
O23L
Doan 3:16

To be Honest, Your kid probably doesn't want you to go.

Kids love being away from their parrents. It feels like your King of the World when your 12, and your hanging out with your friends for a few days in a diffrent place, having new experences, and your parrents arent there.

Simply, Kids will have more fun with their friends, than with their familys.

Sad to say it.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 06:52 AM
hockeyfan2009

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Krax
Having been there twice with one of my sons I would classify this tournament as a definite "DO NOT MISS". We have been to many tournaments throughout Canada and USA over the years and this one is by far the most unique experience for both players and parents. The challenge for parents who have never attend this tournament is they have nothing to reference the experience to; no tournament you have attended to date will come close this this one - it is that good.

hockeyfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Le CH

World-class...

BTW, it happens during the Quebec winter carnival so there is alot of fun/interesting stuff going on ( just dress warm ).

Last edited by Le CH: 11-13-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote