Notices

Cal Clutterbuck Appreciation Thread...

Old
11-15-2010, 05:57 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Cal Clutterbuck Appreciation Thread...

I've always liked Clutterbuck. I think he was one of the best draft picks in Minnesota's history. What Clutterbuck is doing is what I think the Brass thought Gillies was going to turn out to be, maybe a bit better. A guy that can skate, can hit, chip in a few goals, but was a very high energy, grinder that is a pain in the ass to play against.

The one play that really defines Clutterbuck's year so far is the one in Columbus where he eliminated two players and scored a goal.

He's never going to be a 20-30 goal scorer but he'll get 10-15, maybe even 20 at his peak and probably 20 assists.

For what we are paying the guy and what he's been doing for the team, I think he's a bargain. He's the type of player you hate playing against but love to have on your team.

Oen drawback is when he fights. Get rid of the shield!

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I can't read anything you wrote but I appreciate Cal. He's stepped up on the top line a lot more than I thought he would. Hope he gets healthy soon.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
BigT2002

Glad he's on the team

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
The one play that really defines Clutterbuck's year so far is the one in Columbus where he eliminated two players and scored a goal.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
I've always liked Clutterbuck. I think he was one of the best draft picks in Minnesota's history. What Clutterbuck is doing is what I think the Brass thought Gillies was going to turn out to be, maybe a bit better. A guy that can skate, can hit, chip in a few goals, but was a very high energy, grinder that is a pain in the ass to play against.

He's never going to be a 20-30 goal scorer but he'll get 10-15, maybe even 20 at his peak and probably 20 assists.

For what we are paying the guy and what he's been doing for the team, I think he's a bargain. He's the type of player you hate playing against but love to have on your team.

Oen drawback is when he fights. Get rid of the shield!
Like Gillies is expected to be, yes, aside from the near half-foot height difference. Gillies certainly hasn't busted yet though. Until he's placed on waivers because he's not good enough to play in the league and has hit the pro experience to qualify for waivers, there is hope for him. No one thought he'd be in the NHL at 19, and obviously he shouldn't have.

Until he proves himself capable of 20+ goals consistently, he isn't a 2M+ player in my books, so his contract is about right for value, and keeps him an RFA when it expires, so good term as well.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I like how the previous regime claimed "that they found him" in the 3rd round. He was John Tavares' linemate and was in Red Line's top 30 prospects for 2006!

Really though I think he can be a perennial 20 goal guy; he looks like he's making a concerted effort to be more involved in the offensive zone this year. My one concern is that he needs to shot the puck lower in order to create more rebounds.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

The previous regime did find him. Unfortunately they found him like the Lightning found Brad Richards or the Kings found Dany Roussin (albeit someone still is looking for him), but it's all in the semantics.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

would love him in Pittsburgh!

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
would love him in Pittsburgh!
but..but..but.. you guys have Matt Cooke!

Last edited by Fel 96: 11-16-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote