HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal subway travels with doors open

Old
11-09-2010, 12:45 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Montreal subway travels with doors open

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...subway-101109/

LMAO number 1 in North America

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Next Best Thing*

PULL THE EMERGENCY BRAKES!!!

God I've always wanted to do that.

And are there still goodies under the seats u can lift up?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
c hand 29*

It was only one door and for one stop, no big deal.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post

Indeed there are! There's one level under the seat u can pull to open the door if needed and there's also fire extinguishers under the pair of seats.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
MasterD

To be fair, I've read on canoe that it was for 7 stations... but then again, as mentioned, the passenger that decided to film instead of pulling the emergency brake is a freakin' moron.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
^ not if you tried to lean on it

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post

I forgot about those lol.

Btw, the doors connecting the wagon, you can open them and walk to the other wagon..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Actually it IS a big deal... Preventive maintenance usually makes sure this sort of **** NEVER happens. This is a major security flaw that could have injured innocent people.

I've worked for a major pharmaceutical company for 8 years and this is the same sort of deal... There is no room for error whatsoever when it comes to public safety. If at any point anything could compromise a batch we would throw a 2M$ batch straight to the *******, that's exactly how serious this, especially when the party at fault is government funded.

Anyway, should NEVER happen, ever. Can't wait to replace these 43 year old pieces of **** on the green line.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Greener grass ?

No public transport is perfect... it just seems that last year, STM was the least problematic in NA...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I forgot about those lol.

Btw, the doors connecting the wagon, you can open them and walk to the other wagon..
I'm pretty sure that's a lot more dangerous than travelling with the door open for a few stations.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Actually it IS a big deal... Preventive maintenance usually makes sure this sort of **** NEVER happens. This is a major security flaw that could have injured innocent people.

I've worked for a major pharmaceutical company for 8 years and this is the same sort of deal... There is no room for error whatsoever when it comes to public safety. If at any point anything could compromise a batch we would throw a 2M$ batch straight to the *******, that's exactly how serious this, especially when the party at fault is government funded.

Anyway, should NEVER happen, ever. Can't wait to replace these 43 year old pieces of **** on the green line.
The same compagny that tested drugs on poor people in Africa without their knowledge ?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
ChaseMe

So I'm a random commuter just wanting to get where I'm going. I'm in a semi-empty metro car and no one seems to be suicidal.

Which to choose:
1. leave the door alone and make a vid, get to my destination as planned.
2. pull the e-brake and cause HOURS of delays to the line in general, and ruin my own day.

Hmmm....

I know there safety issues, and if kids around it's very dangerous etc, but in a real decision I'd of left the e-brake alone.

ChaseMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
MasterD

Yes, because emptying one wagon and putting it to rest for the rest of the day would have caused more delay than people trying to commit suicide... so let's carry on with our day like nothing happened and hope for the best. Such intelligence, such wisdom have never been spoken.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
euphrates

Quote:
one stop ?? it went from Frontnac to Langelier which i count 7 stops

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post

Holy crap man society has become completely paranoid and over-reactionary. Talk about making a big deal out of nothing. The doors stayed open for a bit.... It's not like a car detached or two trains collided. It happens man. You can't prevent everything. Sure you do your absolute best but jeez. Major security flaw? Please. The only way you can get injured is if you're stupid enough to stick your head out.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Stradale

That person that took the video should have jumped out of the metro by the open door at the next station, sue STM and cash in the money.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The same compagny that tested drugs on poor people in Africa without their knowledge ?
Naw, the one that got bought out by Pfizer about 2 years ago :S

Wyeth if you wanna know.

As far being over paranoid... meh. Once you've worked for the food or pharmaceutical industry you tend to want critical tasks to be done right. If I would've misread the weight of an active ingredient and put in say 10kg of codeine in a batch that required 1kg it's a whole bunch of people's lives that such a mistake can affect.

Same goes with public transit and anything that has the potential to harm the general population. I am not saying people can't make mistakes, but this IS critical and if it's a show of the amount of preventive maintenance done on these trains then it's quite a big deal.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Old
11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Greener grass ?

No public transport is perfect... it just seems that last year, STM was the least problematic in NA...
See this is the biggest problem in Montreal. We have a lot of issues, in many, many different areas, and there is gigantic room for improvment with the way this city is run...And most people are completely indifferent. "Oh well, nothing is perfect, that's life..."

How are things supposed to improve?

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:59 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
See this is the biggest problem in Montreal. We have a lot of issues, in many, many different areas, and there is gigantic room for improvment with the way this city is run...And most people are completely indifferent. "Oh well, nothing is perfect, that's life..."

How are things supposed to improve?
They have been improving, we are the number one transport system in North America. And a new metro is said to be brought over in a matter of years.

On the contrary, people should stop always finding something to complain about. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Old
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Pulling the break would've stopped the train at the next stop. Better than traveling a few stations with an open door. Then again the wagon was rather empty. If it were full, none of that would've happened.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
MetroGnome

It happened a while ago in my cart too. The metro started going but stopped suddenly after 3 feet because the driver realized a door was still open. No one pulled the brake, so I don't know how he detected the open door.

Why not modernize the interior design of metro stations while they’re trying to improve things? Like at Guy-Concordia metro, the pipes are showing, water is constantly leaking, and there’s always poop-coloured stuff on the walls (not to mention it’s boiling hot in there). Not very attractive.

MetroGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
^ not if you tried to lean on it
THIS! I'm always leaning on the doors lol

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome View Post
It happened a while ago in my cart too. The metro started going but stopped suddenly after 3 feet because the driver realized a door was still open. No one pulled the brake, so I don't know how he detected the open door.

Why not modernize the interior design of metro stations while they’re trying to improve things? Like at Guy-Concordia metro, the pipes are showing, water is constantly leaking, and there’s always poop-coloured stuff on the walls (not to mention it’s boiling hot in there). Not very attractive.
Agreed. Some stations look like they are straight out of the ghetto, while others are beautiful (McGill)
They have been making improvements though, like adding some more TVs in more popular stations like Atwater. And according to STM they will be getting new subways in a matter of years.

Old
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Laurier and Guy are the most horrid metro stations on the island, they've had leaky rusted pipes since the day before forever.

About 10-12 years ago they revamped the entire Guy station only to have to tear open the walls again because of crappy pipes :S

Old
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

The priority of the Metro should be dig holes to serve for ventilation . We don't need air conditioning, we need AIR VENTS TO THE OUTSIDE.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote