HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA - Buffalo

Old
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by siKmoNStir View Post
You're a pretty big homer. By the way the only prospect you have that the Sabres would want is Schenn.
The Sabres would only want 1 player off a prospect roster list that is ranked #2 overall by HF?

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Dharvey33

Habs fan here just a tought here how do you kings fan value Jack Johnson? Of course i'm interested in him but i just want to know how do you value him. From what i have seen i think he's a pretty solid two way d with a 50 points potentiel.

Question is will he someday be as good or better then Doughty (whos evolving too)? Do you see in him the next Rob Blake?
I have heard much trade proposals involving Johnson and idon't think he's expandable, but he could be a huge bait for sure.

You guys are lucky because you got him for just about nothing and he as been one of your good d so far.

Would a trade like Kostitsyn 1st pick and Weber be an interisting proposal for him?

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM
SFKingshomer

Zero interest in both Sabres. Stoll is a better fit than Connolly and LA's taking a huge contract for an inconsistent player.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
What about a Vanek for Brown type deal? What would have to be added to make it work?
why would the kings want to trade their captain and a guy that gets about as many points as Vanek but less than half of what Vanek does?

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

7 Millions for a 25 goal scorer is simply to much for my taste.
And yes, i know he was scoring 40 goals onced.
IMO is one of the Frolovs, McCauleys or Cheehoo's who scores 2 seasons very high before the opponents figure them out.

Vanek actually hit 40 twiced.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Tachycineta

Well, Vanek's deal was front loaded so 6.4 in actual salary isn't that bad (still has the 7.1 hit, though). From a King's POV, why wreck something that's not broken? DL has built an excellent core going forward.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
You're a pretty big homer. By the way the only prospect you have that the Sabres would want is Schenn.
Whatever you say. If you come calling on the teams young captain on a great deal, you're going to have to overpay. If not, no biggie, we'll keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Really?
Is that why hockey writers across the sport are saying your looking for a line 2 playmaking center?
Even Dreger stated such.
Are you sure everyone on the Kings roster is untouchable?
Because they don't know the Kings? I never said everyone is untouchable, but why mess with something that's near the top of the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
Well, Vanek's deal was front loaded so 6.4 in actual salary isn't that bad (still has the 7.1 hit, though). From a King's POV, why wreck something that's not broken? DL has built an excellent core going forward.
Exactly. Some people just don't get it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:30 PM
parineum

Unless the Kings RFAs were signed short term for cheap (1 year would do it for Smyth's cap hit) more salary would have to go back to Buf. That or take Connolly out and add some picks or nice wing prospects, which I would prefer.

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
johnjm22

Lombardi likes versatile, two way players, that can be used in all game situations. He also values wingers the least of any position.

In other words, he's not going to allocate 7M in CAP space to a player like Vanek.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:38 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Right, I am sure a team with a top 2 or 3 prospect pool has only one player that BUF would want

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote