HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jokinen to Leafs

Old
11-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Pukboy5kroner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
Uh, I could agree with you but we could then both be wrong.

Last night JI went -4 with no shots on goal in a game his team scored four goals in. Not sure how an "elite superstar" is even capable at doing that unless there is something horribly wrong with his mindset. Look at the stats with and without OJ in Calgary for the past three years. It is VERY compelling.

Oh, nothing idiotic about probable correlations. Never did say they played together coz they don't often do that after the failed experiment in the Keenan swansong...but you can infect a pool in many ways....you don't have to directly touch someone.
Perhaps you could provide those compelling stats. From the games I've seen him play this year, Jokinen has been working pretty hard (although he's still having trouble finishing), which has opened up space and created some good chances for Hagman and Bourque.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Jokinen resigned because he wanted to be here. He's playing great for us, theres really no reason to trade him.
No, he is not playing great......he just looks busy doing nothing

but then I guess compare to Iginla, he is looking good at least he is not negative value.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
No, he is not playing great......he just looks busy doing nothing

but then I guess compare to Iginla, he is looking good at least he is not negative value.
I love how you only show up after the Flames lose.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
I love how you only show up after the Flames lose.
No I am here all the time...you just noticed when the Flames lose because you realize I am right all along...The Flames have been ruined by Sutter. But I guess it takes some time for people to see that.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

12 pack of coke
1 king size Crunch bar

Jokinen

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
But for something to have that big of an effect on him, I seriously doubt its Jokinen. Maybe back to back first round exits, year after year, having most of the core stay the same, changes in staff, to see no results, is finally starting to frustrate him. Hell, it could very well be a slow start, and nothing more. Its happened to him before. As for the previous 3 seasons, he had much better talent in the top 6 to help him out.

and if the problem were Jokinen, I guarantee he wouldn't have been resigned.
Of course it is "not just Jokinen" but it is part of the picture. Bringing in players that have absolutely no commitment to the same values of "team"....and then, bring them back after the first failed attempt, what does that say to your core...to your captain?

So, of course it is not just Jokinen but it is part of a complex and very toxic puzzle.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
Perhaps you could provide those compelling stats. From the games I've seen him play this year, Jokinen has been working pretty hard (although he's still having trouble finishing), which has opened up space and created some good chances for Hagman and Bourque.
I am sure he is doing those things....was talking about impact Jokinen's presence has had on Jarome Iginla's stats. In Vegas, they would call him a "Cooler Extraordinaire"

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:38 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Hooks me some Jussi Jokinen.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote