HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL/Refs Conspiracy To Undermine Panthers Organization!!!

Old
11-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
NHL/Refs Conspiracy To Undermine Panthers Organization!!!

Joked bout starting this in last night's game thread but after thinking about it further I thought I'd start one anyway since we are more likely to see these phantom calls/non calls throughout the season!!! This is where we post & talk about all questionable calls against our team by refs, the war room in Toronto(reviews goals) or even by people in our own organization(example:posting discounted tickets to opposing teams fans on our own team website). This will help keep our other threads clear of this stuff as I noticed some have mentioned some of this even in the 2011 NHL draft thread.

I thought I'd start by posting the Orr goal against Toronto this year!!! Double whammy on this one! Not only should it not have been a goal but we should have also had a PP because of the interference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2u7Gl7Ml9M

Last edited by Beezer: 11-13-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3100
I'm not a Panthers fan, but that was ridiculous and one of the worst non-calls I have ever seen. Whoever the refs were that night should have their papers revoked and be sent to Gitmo. Not sure how far you'll get with the conspiracy angle though.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

For the lazy:

(At least) three years of missing out on the playoffs because of those phantom calls, I can see why this thread was started. I hate them. I'm the dude with the "Mr.Fix It/Blind Ref Cartoon" sign at the penguins games.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
I'm not a Panthers fan, but that was ridiculous and one of the worst non-calls I have ever seen. Whoever the refs were that night should have their papers revoked and be sent to Gitmo. Not sure how far you'll get with the conspiracy angle though.
I figured the conspiracy angle won't get us anywhere but we've been tlking conspiracy for years so might as well finally start a thread for it. Lol

Old
11-13-2010, 11:13 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
What makes that goal even crazier is that it happened IN Toronto, where the great War Room lies. Maybe the War Room is inside the Air Canada Centre, who knows Regardless, that goal should have NEVER of counted, and after they admitted it, they should at least suspend the officials that did that game.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Laus723
Future Now

There's no conspiracy, we've simply sucked for an entire decade. Refs screw over every team once in awhile, we've just been too awful to overcome it.

11-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Gudbranson44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ZFK...eature=related

This one is just as ridiculous, since it went for review and was still allowed...

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 12:05 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

How about the "Screw the Panthers Rule" when we were docked ping pong balls in the Crosby draft for 1st overall picks we never used?

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

The league gains absolutely nothing by conspiring against the Panthers.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Sunshinehockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
The league gains absolutely nothing by conspiring against the Panthers.
Well, i think for one that we are a team that get alot of bad calls against us, not only bad but some of them are crazy. Indeed, i dont think the league gains anything directly, but maybe this is just a general hatred for our team. Ive heard a lot of reporters etc that openly looks down on the team and fans beacause were not team from a typical hockey place. When theese calls come up over and over again one might start to think that this is a conspiracy. hehe

Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
How about the "Screw the Panthers Rule" when we were docked ping pong balls in the Crosby draft for 1st overall picks we never used?
If there were ever anything that could be construed as a conspiracy against the Panthers, it would be this.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Hip to be Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
There's no conspiracy, we've simply sucked for an entire decade. Refs screw over every team once in awhile, we've just been too awful to overcome it.
Yep.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
We can't claim conspiracy on this one. We had those 1st overall picks and traded them. Not the league's fault.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:12 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
We can't claim conspiracy on this one. We had those 1st overall picks and traded them. Not the league's fault.
The NHL dropped us all the way down to the 29th pick though. It's one thing not to get the 1st overall, but there was no way we should have had to pick that low.

As for the refs, I believe we get all those terrible calls because the refs know there's virtually no repercussions if they hurt us vs. some other team. Before I thought it could have been because Campbell played for us, but now that's he gone, and we still get shafted, I think the refs just have no problem making all those terrible calls against us.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ZFK...eature=related

This one is just as ridiculous, since it went for review and was still allowed...
wow, hadn't seen that on-ice view yet. That 1st replay(On-ice) really looks like he kicked it in to me. the others not so much but that 1st view does.

Old
11-13-2010, 02:34 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
How is it not the league's fault? Unless there was a rule that stated "any team that had first overall picks in years before a lockout draft will be docked ping pong balls," on the books before the event, then they made it up. Why shouldn't teams with the 2nd overall pick in drafts be docked? Why shouldn't the teams that used the 1st overall picks be docked? Since when is being awful in the past something that should prevent teams from getting better? There's no way of defending that, unless there was a rule on the books that I was unaware of, and even if there was, it'd be a very shady rule.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
There is no conspiracy just:
Players suck.
Management sucks.
Coach sucks.
Owners suck.
Trainers suck.
Advertisements suck.
Confetti sucks.

This whole organization is/has been a joke for 10 years. I'm actually ashamed at being a season ticket holder.

Also, this thread is dumb.

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
How is it not the league's fault? Unless there was a rule that stated "any team that had first overall picks in years before a lockout draft will be docked ping pong balls," on the books before the event, then they made it up. Why shouldn't teams with the 2nd overall pick in drafts be docked? Why shouldn't the teams that used the 1st overall picks be docked? Since when is being awful in the past something that should prevent teams from getting better? There's no way of defending that, unless there was a rule on the books that I was unaware of, and even if there was, it'd be a very shady rule.
If anything, the league would want the panthers getting 1st overall to help turn our franchise around because Bettman wants to save all these teams in non-traditional locations. They wanted that draft to make sure that a team with several 1st overall picks from before didn't get the 1st overall pick since they went by the usually-correct assumption that previous first overall picks should turn around a franchise. Even if we didn't pick first overall, we still won the lottery and had posession of the first and by trading down, theoretically, we would have picked up assets plus picks that should have equaled the value of that original pick. We got tremendously unlucky that we picked 29th, but realistically, we should have picked somewhere around 10-20. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the scouting staff and GMs for blowing so many opportunities to pick up good players in the drafts the years before and after.

And this consipiracy stuff just makes us sound worse IMO as we're wallowing in our own sorrow. Tough breaks happen and it's already hard enough for this team to win with the everything else in place. Good teams work hard and earn their breaks and in turn, overcome adversity they're faced with. Yeah those calls sucked and we got shafted but they're not intentionally sticking it to the panthers because they have nothing to gain by doing that.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 05:27 PM
jessebelanger

after two straight wins we gotta find something to be negative about.. right??

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
If anything, the league would want the panthers getting 1st overall to help turn our franchise around because Bettman wants to save all these teams in non-traditional locations. They wanted that draft to make sure that a team with several 1st overall picks from before didn't get the 1st overall pick since they went by the usually-correct assumption that previous first overall picks should turn around a franchise. Even if we didn't pick first overall, we still won the lottery and had posession of the first and by trading down, theoretically, we would have picked up assets plus picks that should have equaled the value of that original pick. We got tremendously unlucky that we picked 29th, but realistically, we should have picked somewhere around 10-20. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the scouting staff and GMs for blowing so many opportunities to pick up good players in the drafts the years before and after.

And this consipiracy stuff just makes us sound worse IMO as we're wallowing in our own sorrow. Tough breaks happen and it's already hard enough for this team to win with the everything else in place. Good teams work hard and earn their breaks and in turn, overcome adversity they're faced with. Yeah those calls sucked and we got shafted but they're not intentionally sticking it to the panthers because they have nothing to gain by doing that.
I get what your saying but I don't think of the Orr goal as a bad break because there was a ref right next to the net when it happened so he saw the whole thing. I just think it's BS how refs call or don't call what they feel like calling. How do we know that ref didn't have money on that game? It's happened in the NBA why not the NHL? We are an easy target if someone wanted to fix a game because we haven't had any gamebreaking superstar since Pavel Bure! I call it like I see it and that ref IMO allowed that goal because he wanted to. Even Leafs fans, comon' Leafs fans said ref was wrong and that is saying alot coming from them!

Old
11-13-2010, 06:47 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akgoalie7-sisu View Post
There is no conspiracy just:
Players suck.
Management sucks.
Coach sucks.
Owners suck.
Trainers suck.
Advertisements suck.
Confetti sucks.

This whole organization is/has been a joke for 10 years. I'm actually ashamed at being a season ticket holder.

Also, this thread is dumb.

Dude don't beat around the bush, just speak your mind already!!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelanger View Post
after two straight wins we gotta find something to be negative about.. right??
didn't start this thread because of the 2 straight wins. I just keep reading about refs cheating us out of points and no calls here or that shouldn't have been called there throughout different threads so I thought why not start a thread to keep those threads clear of this and we can discuss everything in question here.

Old
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I get what your saying but I don't think of the Orr goal as a bad break because there was a ref right next to the net when it happened so he saw the whole thing. I just think it's BS how refs call or don't call what they feel like calling. How do we know that ref didn't have money on that game? It's happened in the NBA why not the NHL? We are an easy target if someone wanted to fix a game because we haven't had any gamebreaking superstar since Pavel Bure! I call it like I see it and that ref IMO allowed that goal because he wanted to. Even Leafs fans, comon' Leafs fans said ref was wrong and that is saying alot coming from them!
Who knows what he saw. Hockey develops fast. He was right there but maybe from his angle, he thought there was incidental contact or that our defenseman tripped him, or possibly that Clemmensen skated into Orr a bit as well. Sure it's atrocious but maybe even in that split second he was thinking about his plans for later and was essentially out to lunch. Humans call the game and they miss high sticks and all that tons of times. What you suggested is possible but at the same time, he probably didn't consciously or deliberately make the call and the decision in the split second just to stick it to the panthers. Players try to work the refs a lot and pump calls out of them, goalies included. It wasn't the case in this situation but a lot of times those are difficult split second judgement calls for refs. Plus the guy was a rookie ref and he was under a ton of pressure in TO so subliminally he could have let a call go that he perhaps saw as "borderline." That definitely could have played a role but this situation IMO is overblown.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

And then there's this! Everyone remembers when refs held Bryan Allen for Tarnasky to deck him right? How many games did Allen miss because of that again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpa3P4gG3AI://

Old
11-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Who knows what he saw. Hockey develops fast. He was right there but maybe from his angle, he thought there was incidental contact or that our defenseman tripped him, or possibly that Clemmensen skated into Orr a bit as well. Sure it's atrocious but maybe even in that split second he was thinking about his plans for later and was essentially out to lunch. Humans call the game and they miss high sticks and all that tons of times. What you suggested is possible but at the same time, he probably didn't consciously or deliberately make the call and the decision in the split second just to stick it to the panthers. Players try to work the refs a lot and pump calls out of them, goalies included. It wasn't the case in this situation but a lot of times those are difficult split second judgement calls for refs. Plus the guy was a rookie ref and he was under a ton of pressure in TO so subliminally he could have let a call go that he perhaps saw as "borderline." That definitely could have played a role but this situation IMO is overblown.
Ok, fine if ref thought it was a borderline call but what reason did he decide to allow goal instead of disallow? Why did he lean towards Toronto instead of Florida? Because they are a traditional hockey market and we aren't? cause they have more real hockey fans then we do? Cause the game was in Toronto and he didn't want to get booed by the crowd? all of those are a reason for conspiracy as to why Florida is always on the short end of these borderline type calls!