HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers @ Flyers 13.11.2010

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Sunshinehockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Why not listen to Panthers radio?

http://www.wqam.com/streamer/
thanks, didnt have the stream.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:00 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
you know what I hate.

That this coach does not play the young guys. Play the young guys to give them the experience
Like Jello, Kuli, Matthias and Ellerby?

Old
11-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
37 shots against after 2 periods.. yikes

Old
11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinehockey View Post
thanks, didnt have the stream.
Did you not see my post? lol

Old
11-13-2010, 08:18 PM
sinDer

We would have lost the game anyways, but Voukoun should have played tonight.

If you absolutly want to give Clemmensen a start, put him in the net against the Wild.

Not only is Vokoun a better goalie, but I'M not sure that the guys are very comfortable with Clemmensen in the net while playing the Flyers.

I don't understand the coach on this one.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Sunshinehockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Did you not see my post? lol
hehe, thanks to you also!

Old
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Not much to say about this game. Forget it as fast as possible, and move on to the next one. We were beaten by a better team today. We really have a hard time on the road.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Hip to be Square

This blows. We could have jumped the canes and maybe atlanta with a w. I believe they are both losing right now.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:28 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Can someone explain to me why we got screwed over with a terrible schedule. We play at home at minnesota on friday night and then arrive in philly at 3 am to play one of the best teams in the nhl. And guess what the same thing happens next week wednesday night in atlanta and fly right up to boston on thursday. Did the schedule makers forget that there are several days in between saturday and wednesday to play it seems this has been happening every week.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Sunshinehockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Not much to say about this game. Forget it as fast as possible, and move on to the next one. We were beaten by a better team today. We really have a hard time on the road.
yupp, and it seems like everyone have a hard time in philly lately.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:30 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

WOW! Jello with a snipe!!

Old
11-13-2010, 08:33 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Peanut Butter Jello time?

Old
11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Peanut Butter Jello time?
Lol, yep! Nice to see that goal cuz he missed the net on a couple earlier shots.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Sunshinehockey

important goal... better to be the last team scoring getting of the ice....

Old
11-13-2010, 08:37 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

Oh well, off to watch the heat. Didn't expect a win anyways...

Old
11-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Not sure how we drop that quickly and there's no fights. Couple times a fight could have changed the momentum, but they didn't get close other than a scrum behind the night.

Our 4th line isn't a grind line at all, which works because we don't have any superstars, but we don't have a line that can go out there and just wear the opposition down.

11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Sunshinehockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not sure how we drop that quickly and there's no fights. Couple times a fight could have changed the momentum, but they didn't get close other than a scrum behind the night.

Our 4th line isn't a grind line at all, which works because we don't have any superstars, but we don't have a line that can go out there and just wear the opposition down.
we dont have a whole lot of anything... Were like a rocket without a warhead. We have speed, but no guys to really rely on when it comes to scoring. We dont have, as you mention a line that can wear the opposition down, and we dont have any real fighters that the opposition need to look out for.

Every team we meet likes to take advantage of our mild behavior in front of net and elsewhere, we never give a proper payback for wrongdoing towards us.

Every team in NHL needs tough guys, we are in a real lack of them...

Last edited by Sunshinehockey: 11-13-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old
11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:

so we lost the game and you're more concerned about the lack of fighting?maybe you should consider turning on MMA instead.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:51 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

Quote:

Agreed, but it would be hard for ANY team to wear philly down at home in the second game of a back-to-back. I thought Hordy played a great game even if he did'nt drop the gloves.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:52 PM
flapanthersfan

random comments:

team defense was atrocious for both sides. it was pond hockey the first two periods and we're obviously not going to be able to keep up with a much more talented flyers team playing that style of hockey. clemmensen wasn't at fault, but bobrovsky was flat out better and he was the difference.

kulikov's offensive game is just not there right now. he botched up that 3 on 1 pretty badly.

only positive of this game is that this team doesn't quit. they seem to play with pride and gave a good effort in the third and tightened up the defense and "won" the period. doesn't show up in the standings, but you have to appreciate the heart.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinehockey View Post
we dont have a whole lot of anything... Were like a rocket without a warhead. We have speed, but no guys to really rely on when it comes to scoring. We dont have, as you mention a line that can wear the opposition down, and we dont have any real fighters that the opposition need to look out for.

Every team we meet likes to take advantage of our mild behavior in front of net and elsewhere, we never give a proper payback for wrongdoing towards us.

Every team in NHL needs tough guys, we are in a real lack of them...

Please don't tell me we should have Belak back.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
so we lost the game and you're more concerned about the lack of fighting?maybe you should consider turning on MMA instead.
Always love these responses. For one, I do and have watched mma...thanks, and for two, I'm concerned with pride, this team has little to none. I watch a lot of games since I have Center Ice. I watch the top teams, and when momentum is swung the other way, or they're starting to get embarrassed, someone tends to drop the gloves, or the game gets very chippy. we had one scrum. This is a tender team, that's not OK with me, especially since we're not exactly winning that way.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
random comments:

team defense was atrocious for both sides. it was pond hockey the first two periods and we're obviously not going to be able to keep up with a much more talented flyers team playing that style of hockey. clemmensen wasn't at fault, but bobrovsky was flat out better and he was the difference.

kulikov's offensive game is just not there right now. he botched up that 3 on 1 pretty badly.

only positive of this game is that this team doesn't quit. they seem to play with pride and gave a good effort in the third and tightened up the defense and "won" the period. doesn't show up in the standings, but you have to appreciate the heart.
Yeah, they didn't quit, but it was too little too late and Philly seemed to back off. Good teams push hard, get chippy, check hard, we have little to none of that.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Sunshinehockey

Quote:
Always love these responses. For one, I do and have watched mma...thanks, and for two, I'm concerned with pride, this team has little to none. I watch a lot of games since I have Center Ice. I watch the top teams, and when momentum is swung the other way, or they're starting to get embarrassed, someone tends to drop the gloves, or the game gets very chippy. we had one scrum. This is a tender team, that's not OK with me, especially since we're not exactly winning that way.
Agreed!

Old
11-13-2010, 09:05 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
it's not a physical team. get over it and stop hijacking every ******** thread and turning it into posters having to listen to you ***** and moan about the (lack of) fighting.

and this team has plenty of "pride". they continued to play hard in the third despite having nothing to play for with the game well out of reach. just because guys like dvorak, reasoner, higgins, etc. arent brawlers doesn't mean they lack "pride".

Closed Thread