HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov Injury talk (Speculation/Rumour: Maybe out up to 3 months)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
actually that shoudn't be such a bad idea, he is one of the classiest poster!!!
You got that right. Keep fightin' the good fight, 417.

As for the injury, we'll have to wait and see. Of course, that won't prevent us from arguing over what is pure speculation at this point.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:49 AM
sampollock

sounds like 3 months, if that is so, we are in trouble.

pg will trade now for bieska

Old
11-14-2010, 10:52 AM
psychonaut

Its really sucks if he is out for a long time. But the Habs wont suck like they did before so thats a good thing.
But Markov will still be a Habs next year I hope and I'm sure 99% of all Habs fan do too.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Le CH

Posted this in the wrong thread...

IF Markov re-injured his knee and he's out for a considerable period as a result, I would start worrying that his days playing as an elite defenceman might be numbered. That would be very unfortunate but once a knee is badly damaged, it hampers your playing ability so he may never become the player he was - thats the very pessimistic view.

Hope its nothing major and he's back in a few games though.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
sounds like 3 months, if that is so, we are in trouble.

pg will trade now for bieska
I don't know where you get 3 months, from what happened on the ice it looks like either a mild sprain or a bad bruise/charleyhorse. The knee didn't buckle from the replays, he was able to put weight on it, and it looked like most of the pain was gone by the time he left the ice, he was even walking on it on the way to the room. In terms of bad structural damage, I would think a knee brace(which players usually wear after surgery) would protect the knee from serious damage.

Old
Jedrik

Any further word anywhere? Just rolled out of bed, lol...

Old
11-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't know where you get 3 months, from what happened on the ice it looks like either a mild sprain or a bad bruise/charleyhorse. The knee didn't buckle from the replays, he was able to put weight on it, and it looked like most of the pain was gone by the time he left the ice, he was even walking on it on the way to the room. In terms of bad structural damage, I would think a knee brace(which players usually wear after surgery) would protect the knee from serious damage.
I was watching the game with no sound, but I was confused about whether the injury was his leg or arm in the first place. It really looked like the trainer was cradling his bare forearm on the way off the ice. Maybe he suffered two injuries? What were they saying and did anyone confirm at least lowere/upper?

Old
11-14-2010, 11:00 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I was watching the game with no sound, but I was confused about whether the injury was his leg or arm in the first place. It really looked like the trainer was cradling his bare forearm on the way off the ice. Maybe he suffered two injuries? What were they saying and did anyone confirm at least lowere/upper?
Jacques Martin confirmed lower body injury in the post-game press conference.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
martin confirmed lower.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
otto bond

Quote:
It's the knee....Staal' hit him on the knee with his knee.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Jacques Martin confirmed lower body injury in the post-game press conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
martin confirmed lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
It's the knee....Staal' hit him on the knee with his knee.
Ok thanks. My (hopeful) impression as someone else mentioned was charley horse, since from all the replays it looked like a sideswipe hit.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Ok thanks. My (hopeful) impression as someone else mentioned was charley horse, since from all the replays it looked like a sideswipe hit.
We are all keeping fingers cross my dear Jedrik.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Most sources are saying 3 months although nothing has been confirmed.

I'm not so sure that he is so "injury prone". I think it's more that he came back way too early. We clearly didn't have the Markov of the old days. He seemed slower to me.

Might be my imagination but before he got hit I thought he was really slower than he usually is.

We should get official information in the next few hours or days. Let's still hope it's not that bad. And let's hope we'll keep rocking even without him!

Old
11-14-2010, 11:16 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post

I'm not so sure that he is so "injury prone". I think it's more that he came back way too early. We clearly didn't have the Markov of the old days. He seemed slower to me.

Might be my imagination but before he got hit I thought he was really slower than he usually is.

We should get official information in the next few hours or days. Let's still hope it's not that bad. And let's hope we'll keep rocking even without him!
I agree with your assessment, he did look a bit slower. That said, lets just hope he doesn't need surgery. Either way, I say 4 weeks minimum.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Masao

I say they should take all their time let him recover. Even if it's 3-4 months, most likely the Canadiens are making the playoffs with or without him so the important thing is that he's back for that time.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think it does if they don't want him to return based on an injury NO ONE knows the extent of.

So what if we find out Markov just has a deep bruise and is back in 10 days and he goes on to win the Norris this year? What? Now everyoen will go back to wanting him re-signed?

That kind of fickleness is exactly what makes one, less of a fan.
If it is another serious injury, the Habs have a lot of thinking to do. It's a double edged sword. The teams success depends on Markov, but how can you tie up that much money and that many years to a player that is injury prone? It is an interesting debate.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Subban76

Quote:

That's perfectly normal. It takes a few months to fully get back to previous form once you are cleared to play after knee surgery. Not saying he can ever recover back to 100% where he was before, but if he can, it would have taken until January to see the old Markov back in terms of speed.

Just hope it's a sprain or something like that and taht he's gone for 4-6 weeks. No surgery please

From what we saw, it did not look as bad or painful as the injury in the playoffs. I'm really jsut hoping for no surgery. Don't car if he's out 4-6 weeks with a sprain, I just want to avoid the surgery

Old
11-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Who are "most sources"? I have yet to see anything saying what the injury is, let alone how long he could be out. RDS is speculating taht it could be up to 3 months...but it could be as little as 3 days also, if it's just a bruised knee.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:56 AM
smon

Yeah, I think people are being a little too quick to write Markov off. There's even comparisons being made to Bobby Orr's early retirement, believe it or not. Even if is another fairly serious injury, I wouldn't say his career is over or anything ridiculous like that.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Imo, Markov should have not been playing late in the 3rd with the game out of reach for the opponent.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:59 AM
habspinner

From Stubbs' Twitter:

via @GagnonFrancois: #Habs Markov to have right-knee MRI today. No update expected before tomorrow earliest

Old
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Imo, Markov should have not been playing late in the 3rd with the game out of reach for the opponent.
Easy to say now

Old
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
JV

My thoughts and prayers are with Markov and his family. At a time like this, hockey shoiuld be the last thing on anyone's mind.

Old
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who are "most sources"? I have yet to see anything saying what the injury is, let alone how long he could be out. RDS is speculating taht it could be up to 3 months...but it could be as little as 3 days also, if it's just a bruised knee.
Somehow, I doubt that. It seemed somewhat serious, like at least 3-4 weeks, minimum.

They cleared the access to the dressing room to the media last night so that no one can see Markov leave the building last night, which was on cruches apparently. Renaud lavoie from RDS mentionnes on Twitter that per his sources, Habs management feels it does not look good and he as 2 sources saying it could be up to 3 months. Markov getting an MRI today with official results to come later.

I want to be positive, but it does not look good

Old
11-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Somehow, I doubt that. It seemed somewhat serious, like at least 3-4 weeks, minimum.

They cleared the access to the dressing room to the media last night so that no one can see Markov leave the building last night, which was on cruches apparently. Renaud lavoie from RDS mentionnes on Twitter that per his sources, Habs management feels it does not look good and he as 2 sources saying it could be up to 3 months. Markov getting an MRI today with official results to come later.

I want to be positive, but it does not look good
Seeing as this is the Montreal media, it's no surprise that they want them out and not spreading all sorts of speculation.

Renaud Lavoie s an idiot, he is the last guy I'd trust on any kind of information.

Closed Thread