HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sticks Question

Old
11-17-2010, 09:47 PM
djcreepshow

vCash: 500
Sticks Question

I picked up a couple of cheap composite sticks a couple of weeks ago to use for ball hockey (indoors, gym floor) and was wondering if there was anyone here who has used either of them and what did you think of them? I've tried both of them out and I must say they feel pretty good. They are a Reebok 4K Sickick III and Bauer Supreme One20. Just wondering if anyone had any bad or good experiences with either.

I realize that they are cheap sticks and that most people on here would be using much better sticks than these but what the hey. Keep in mind that these are just for gym ball hockey, nothing fancy. Thanks and have a great night everyone!

djcreepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
MNWild9

I had two RBk 4s they are great. I play ice hockey so they took more damage then they will take while playing floor. but i got slashed one and it broke i had it 6 months and the other one go stuck in the zam door and broke. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it. I would take it in a heart beat.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
AIREAYE

there's a thread about these two sticks, just a page or two back...look before you post

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
djcreepshow

Yes, I know. It was my thread. Sorry if seemed repetitive, but I thought perhaps someone else might have some input about the sticks. Which they did.

@MNWild9 - That's good to know, I'm glad you liked the 4K. It does feel pretty good so far!

Old
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
AIREAYE

ahh i see, well if i had to choose between the two for ball hockey, I'd pick the 4K because of the ABS blade core

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
ponder

As I said in your other thread, all composites are gonna perform fairly equally well for ball hockey. The main things people care about in sticks (puck feel, kickpoint, flex) are just not really an issue with a light ball like they are with a heavy puck, all that's really gonna matter is the weight of the stick, its durability, and whether or not it's in a curve that you like. If playing on a rough surface you definitely want a 2-piece with an ABS blade, but if you're only playing on a gym floor then the 1 pieces you chose should be fine.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 11:18 AM
djcreepshow

@AIREAYE: Yes, they both feel good, But I think I do like the 4K A bit more. It has a curve which is more to my liking. Actually, I think the ONE20 may have an ABS core as well, but I may be mistaken. Thanks for the input!

@Ponder: Totally! I was just looking for a stick with a curve I like that is (hopefully) durable. Besides, my shot isn't that great anyway, so a fancy stick isn't going to make much of a difference.