HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perreault's future with Caps

Old
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
He's proven he's an NHL player this year, but I still hope he's gone

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

As I said a few days ago... I can't wait to read this boards reaction to his next contract.

2-2.5M is going to set people off.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
As I said a few days ago... I can't wait to read this boards reaction to his next contract.

2-2.5M is going to set people off.
is he a RFA? If he wants to be paid that much i would be in favor of trading him

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Yes a RFA with arb rights and a 15g scorer as a second line C. While people may take issue with his ability to continue to reach those numbers given that Backstrom was injured. When it comes to arb, the numbers rule.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Carlzner

If he gets 2.5mil i might hate gmgm so much i'll become a Pens fan, and then implode because i've become Pens fan.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

2 is fine by me... 2.5 would be pushing it.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Eh, sign him for whatever. We can always trade him to Montreal if we have to.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Thinking about it, one of the biggest reasons to make the playoffs this year could be to see how Perreault performs. I think he's going to really impress if they do make it. Situations like this really suck. There's a pretty difficult dilemma involved, in that he has shown he has the potential to make some excellent/even special plays in the NHL, but hasn't been consistent enough that he couldn't be replaced by a better player if one were available. The question is whether he can soon become a top-six option for a Cup-contending team.

I'm somewhat torn, but he's really impressed me this year, and I have a hunch that Semin respects his game and likes playing with him. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to keeping him and even setting him up to be the 2C next season. I hope he trains his ass off in the off-season and comes back ready to raise his game more consistently.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:15 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
i am still pissed. I would have paid money to see Mr Instant Offense that year get inserted into the lineup over Flash for his first playoff game up in hometown Montreal for game 6. He would have been flying. Double Whammy, stick Theo in goal too. If only for game 7. Bah spilled ****ing beer.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I definitely wouldn't have put Theodore back in, but I would have bet everything I own on Perreault scoring in that game if he had been called up. Boudreau was never a fan of the guy.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Trade him while his value is high. If his shooting percentage comes back down to earth, he's basically a 10-13 G, 18 A guy over 82 games, rather than the 18-20 goal guy his high shooting percentage makes him look like.

Put him in a package for a 2C or a 1LD.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Theo was our number one. IIRC, almost all year. Benched after Carlson a green horn got schooled. A tough shot to stop for any G.

I don't blame the losses on Varly by any stretch, but he was cold and had a horrible save % on quality chances per the RH Memory Log Stat Sheet.

Theo in game 6 falling on his face, we can go right back to Varly. But I would swear given a chance to haunt old teams, players usually come through.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Theo was our number one. IIRC, almost all year. Benched after Carlson a green horn got schooled. A tough shot to stop for any G.

I don't blame the losses on Varly by any stretch, but he was cold and had a horrible save % on quality chances per the RH Memory Log Stat Sheet.

Theo in game 6 falling on his face, we can go right back to Varly. But I would swear given a chance to haunt old teams, players usually come through.
Yeah, but Theodore has the weakest mental game in the history of the NHL.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:44 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Yeah, but Theodore has the weakest mental game in the history of the NHL.
As usual and as they should, everything eventually falls on George's iron jaw. That weak, we should have looked elsewhere.

I remember the reaction here when we first signed Theo.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Trade him while his value is high. If his shooting percentage comes back down to earth, he's basically a 10-13 G, 18 A guy over 82 games, rather than the 18-20 goal guy his high shooting percentage makes him look like.

Put him in a package for a 2C or a 1LD.
Trade him for Tootoo and Suter. Convince Nashville he's a Steve Sullivan in waiting.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Trade him for Tootoo and Suter. Convince Nashville he's a Steve Sullivan in waiting.
I mean, let's not just give him away. It better be a sign-and-trade. I want Suter and Tootoo locked up if we're going to just ship this guy out.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Not a bad idea if gmgm was going to offer them top dollar. Then trade ward!

Old
04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
He's proven he's an NHL player this year, but I still hope he's gone
next

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
As usual and as they should, everything eventually falls on George's iron jaw. That weak, we should have looked elsewhere.

I remember the reaction here when we first signed Theo.
Of course it does. Don't want anything falling down unto the coach's doorstep.

After Huet signed with the Blackhawks, Theo was essentially all that was left. I remember not being very fond of the move, but it was better than trying Brent Johnson or some other career backup and hope they play like a #1 for a year.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
chsb

Quote:
With all the will power possible, you will never be able to extract one of the fundamentals of MP's game, his magic hands.
He digs the puck out of the corners, along the boards and he can pass quickly and accurately....and he can shoot and skate.
All this while not being afraid of the traffic areas....like the slot area.

If he is not worth $2.5M in Washington, sign him and trade him as he is surely gonna score 20 anywhere else.
His shooting % at 25.86% is the best on the team, his +/- % is also the best on the team amongst forwards and on an 82 games season, at the actual scoring ratio, he would score 20 goals.....better than any on this team not named Ovie or Semin.

MP has been consistent this season, something he was accused of lacking on this board all of last season.
Self confidence in is case was the problem as he was shipped up and down like a yoyo, and was under an unsympathetic Coach at the helm....very similar to some of the comments here.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I find MP to be very entertaining to watch. Sometimes it looks like he'll be out of the play and then he has the puck again. He gets possession of puck, falls on arse, loses puck, regains puck. He's creative and a pain to the opposition. He's becoming somewhat of a sniper. I hope he stays.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
With all the will power possible, you will never be able to extract one of the fundamentals of MP's game, his magic hands.
He digs the puck out of the corners, along the boards and he can pass quickly and accurately....and he can shoot and skate.
All this while not being afraid of the traffic areas....like the slot area.

If he is not worth $2.5M in Washington, sign him and trade him as he is surely gonna score 20 anywhere else.
His shooting % at 25.86% is the best on the team, his +/- % is also the best on the team amongst forwards and on an 82 games season, at the actual scoring ratio, he would score 20 goals.....better than any on this team not named Ovie or Semin.

MP has been consistent this season, something he was accused of lacking on this board all of last season.
Self confidence in is case was the problem as he was shipped up and down like a yoyo, and was under an unsympathetic Coach at the helm....very similar to some of the comments here.
Yeah, his shooting percentage is pretty much only an argument against him. He is obviously not going to be a career 25% shooter. That said, I really do think he has a deceptively great shot. It kind of reminds me of Ovechkin's, stylistically. He obviously won't shoot 25% consistently, but I think he can maintain his production, as I think part of the shooting percentage issue really is based on shot selection. I think he picks his spots and would be able to generate more attempts given a more stable system/team/everything anyway.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
chsb

With MP now relegated to 4th line/press box duty, what will the series lineup be?

Laich playing with Johansson and Ovechkin?
Backstrom playing with Semin and Chimera?
3rd line of Brouwer/Halpern/Knuble or Hendricks?

This is a lineup full of question marks where nobody as of today can predict a 4th lne.

Amazing!

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

With 7 centers and full health among the forwards, yeah its not always easy to predict lines. Just go with what Katie says, and predicting becomes a whole lot easier.

26-83-90
23-85-42

There. That seems like a lot of offense for a 4th line.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:01 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
With 7 centers and full health among the forwards, yeah its not always easy to predict lines. Just go with what Katie says, and predicting becomes a whole lot easier.

26-83-90
23-85-42

There. That seems like a lot of offense for a 4th line.
MP probably needs to be in the lineup. He's an instant sparkplug if the team is lagging..he can be bumped up in the lineup at that point.

Joel Ward really never deserved to be in the press box but thats what depth will do sometimes. We got him for the playoffs so lets see what he can do.

Keith Aucoin..how can anyone root against this guy? He has more than paid his dues in the minors and hasn't sucked at all in his callup.

The Bs seem to struggle with the "waterbug" type players. Lets hope MP and co. cand do some damage.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote