HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Kyle Wilson Appreciation Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2010, 07:57 AM
  #26
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Secondary scoring, novel concept, & I like it

Wilson seems to be supplying that bonus goal that usually happens against us by guys from St Louis, the Sharks or the Wings. In the past we've made sure guys like Wilson get paid, its about time we are the beneficiary

Here is another novel idea, if a guy is scoring and effective, leave him be - our first and second lines need to play together for more than a cup of coffee, that's how chemistry is developed

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 08:02 AM
  #27
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
I have developed chemistry over a cup of coffee many times....

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 10:14 AM
  #28
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I have developed chemistry over a cup of coffee many times....
Yeah, but then she gets to know you and...

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
  #29
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
I haven't fully jumped on the Wilson bandwagon yet. I don't think he brings anything particularly impressive or noticeable to the table except that he seems to be able to get to the right place at the right time once or twice per game. We'll find out over the next 30 games whether he can keep that up or whether he has just been a statistical aberration. I'm certainly hoping for the best but fearing that it's a sample size issue.

I'm going to intentionally focus on him for the next few games to see if I'm missing something.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:22 PM
  #30
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yeah, but then she gets to know you and...




Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
  #31
Happy Pony
Registered User
 
Happy Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post



She get's a burning sensation?

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
  #32
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yeah, but then she gets to know you and...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
  #33
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yeah, but then she gets to know you and...
Victory!

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:06 PM
  #34
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
Just wanted to congratulate Wilson and Mackenzie for likely staying with the CBJ a bit longer. According to the 'Patch they were told to 'get a place':

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/12...ush_back.shtml

Congrats - nice to see a couple of guys have their hard work eventually pay off. They definitely earned their spot on the team the old-fashioned way - I'm looking at you, Nikita - and it is nice to occasionally see. (Of course, who knows how binding a comment like 'get a place' actually is in the NHL, but hopefully this will at least let them celebrate Christmas with a bit more sense of stability).

It definitely makes one wonder if something is brewing, as the Dark Blue Jacket speculated on (http://darkbluejacket.blogspot.com/2...goes.html#more) but I'll leave that for another thread.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
  #35
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Just wanted to congratulate Wilson and Mackenzie for likely staying with the CBJ a bit longer. According to the 'Patch they were told to 'get a place':

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/12...ush_back.shtml

Congrats - nice to see a couple of guys have their hard work eventually pay off. They definitely earned their spot on the team the old-fashioned way - I'm looking at you, Nikita - and it is nice to occasionally see. (Of course, who knows how binding a comment like 'get a place' actually is in the NHL, but hopefully this will at least let them celebrate Christmas with a bit more sense of stability).

It definitely makes one wonder if something is brewing, as the Dark Blue Jacket speculated on (http://darkbluejacket.blogspot.com/2...goes.html#more) but I'll leave that for another thread.
Me too... as for your 'brewing' comment I agree, I don't have any clue what that brewing could be other than the fact we can't let this season go down the drain-I'm hoping Howson is working.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:37 AM
  #36
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Me too... as for your 'brewing' comment I agree, I don't have any clue what that brewing could be other than the fact we can't let this season go down the drain-I'm hoping Howson is working.
I like Wilson. I'm hoping he is this year's Jason Williams.

I've kind of resigned myself to the idea that anything Howson has "brewing" is very minor. I sincerely doubt we see a Brad Richards, Tomas Kaberle or anyone like those guys in Union Blue this season. I believe Howson is content to wait for his prospects to blossom down the road.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.