HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we all agree that Bourque is now our top RW?

Old
11-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Can we all agree that Bourque is now our top RW?

Hes played his way to be our best RW, give him the top line mins, #1PP time, and move Iginla down to the 2nd line where he is more suited right now in his career.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 09:58 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Hes played his way to be our best RW, give him the top line mins, #1PP time, and move Iginla to another city where he is more suited right now in his career.
FYP

And yes, Bourque is now our best forward, never mind our best RW. Which says all you need to know about just how crappy this team is. And I like Bourque. If he were 22 and this was happening, so be it. He's 28. And he's the best forward on the team. Hello, Couturier

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Ashasx

You know, you guys talk about Iginla's inconsistencies and poor play, but Bourque was just awful last night, and hasn't been much better in the other games where he hasn't scored.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Iginla might have had a bad season so far and Bourque's had a good one but that doesn't mean Bourque has supplanted Iginla's position as the best forward on the team. A career season for Bourque is still a bad season for Iginla, not to mention that this isn't the first season that Iginla had a bad start and this won't be the first season Bourque is inconsistent or injured (you heard it here first).

Unless Bourque is performing at Stamkos levels I would not state that he is better than Iginla right now.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford and Sons View Post
Iginla might have had a bad season so far and Bourque's had a good one but that doesn't mean Bourque has supplanted Iginla's position as the best forward on the team. A career season for Bourque is still a bad season for Iginla, not to mention that this isn't the first season that Iginla had a bad start and this won't be the first season Bourque is inconsistent or injured (you heard it here first).

Unless Bourque is performing at Stamkos levels I would not state that he is better than Iginla right now.
Exactly, I am kinda getting sick of all the iginla bashing taking place. Sure he has not met anyones expectations for him so far but it's only a month and a bit into the season give the guy a break he'll get it going. He's been our captain and star player for years and he's gonna be our best player this year also he just has to get it going. Kinda dumb seeing all the comments and thread on the trade and free agent talk board saying iginla has negative trade value and he needs to be traded, bottom-line is the flames are still in contention or can get back into it very easily at this point and iginla is not going to be traded. If iginla gets it going it could very well turn this season around. I believe he can still put up the offensive numbers he has in the past.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Hes played his way to be our best RW, give him the top line mins, #1PP time, and move Iginla down to the 2nd line where he is more suited right now in his career.
Move iginla down to the second line.. Iggy is a star calibre player and should be on the first line

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:23 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 50
the difference is,
bourque's career seasons equal or are less than iginlas bad seasons
when bourques hot-he can score, get in the right areas, but still only looks like a 30 goal scorer
when iginlas hot, it seems like no d-man or goalie can stop him.

to say hes been the best forwArd would be true(goal scoring wise), but to say he "IS" the best, thats debateable, IMO iginla is still the most skilled dynamic player on this team.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

I dont agree.

Bourque has been just as inconsistent as Iggy this year.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Really who cares, does a title need to be handed out? There was this talk when Cammy was here and really it doesn't matter, all that matters is that Flames win and if they can't they need to find ways to.

Bourque has been better than Iginla this year, thats obvious. But Bourque is not capable of doing everything that Iggy can. This is still Iginla's team and IMO he is still the best player on it, he just is not showing it.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 83
Top producing RW yes.

Iginla is still the face of the franchise

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Top producing RW yes.

Iginla is still the face of the franchise
That face looks like this these days...

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Exactly, I am kinda getting sick of all the iginla bashing taking place. Sure he has not met anyones expectations for him so far but it's only a month and a bit into the season give the guy a break he'll get it going. He's been our captain and star player for years and he's gonna be our best player this year also he just has to get it going. Kinda dumb seeing all the comments and thread on the trade and free agent talk board saying iginla has negative trade value and he needs to be traded, bottom-line is the flames are still in contention or can get back into it very easily at this point and iginla is not going to be traded. If iginla gets it going it could very well turn this season around. I believe he can still put up the offensive numbers he has in the past.
For what? A playoff spot? Not good enough...if the only concern is to make the playoffs every year and then "roll the dice" when you get there, the chances of ever getting out of the first round are slim at best. It is not a shot at Iggy, more of a statement that it is time to tear down and build it up again...the right way, and in todays cap world, that means through the draft. Even if we, by some miracle, do make the playoffs, we'll very likely not get out of the first round. In fact, making the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed might be one of the team's worst case scenarios, as it will only validate Sutter for another year.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Grannys

At this moment, we dont have top forward on this team. Just cause one sucks more than another does not mean the other guy is amazing.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford and Sons View Post

There we go.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:54 PM
GoFlames

Hmmm... I wonder hot the season will end... personally maybe a blow up might happen, maybe not... it will be the summer before we know.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Raistlin1022

Hi guys! I am just wondering how he's been playing so far. I know he's started the year on fire, but lately stopped his early season pace on the scoresheet. Is he still helping out in other areas? Just seeking advise from Flame fans.

Thanks!

Raistlin1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

This thread is pretty amusing to read now.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Signature
I'm Batman.

vCash: 50
Puckgenius' username is accurate... only thing he knows about is the puck. :p
Not that this was ever in question, looking at the responses in thsi thread, 95% of them point to Iginla obviously being the superior hockey player. Even at this point in time, Iginla is currently standing at 46 points out of 50 games, just a little under PPG. Bourque's running at 28 points in 48 games. Both have a minus 10 on the season. But Bourque is nowhere near Iginla.

Thanks, random 'Nucks fan dropping in to revive old topics.... I agree with SR, this was an amusing read.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 862
I agree especially since Bourque scored the game winner last night, oh wait.....

Maybe Bourque should worry about getting moved off the 4th line like he has been playing for a few shifts lately.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
BurnEmUp

Maybe for once, if Iggy is still here next year, and he gets off to a slow start, we can all just **** about him being old, washed up, and on the decline.

It'd be a nice change of pace.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Maybe for once, if Iggy is still here next year, and he gets off to a slow start, we can all just **** about him being old, washed up, and on the decline.

It'd be a nice change of pace.
I feel like this would provide some LULZ to the board.

When i first saw this thread, I thought someone made it again despite Borks poor play over the last while.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Lunatik*

I am so glad I stayed away fom the idiocy of this thread the first time around

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 03:55 AM
CPRSRPUNKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I am so glad I stayed away fom the idiocy of this thread the first time around
I didn't see this thread the first time but, what a dumb thread lol! Nobody should even ask this question, ever. We can't all agree because it just ain't true.

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 08:44 AM
flamesfan5

Quote:
Really???

I think he is soo lazy. If he doesn't have the puck he's like watching paint dry. Iggy will always be the best!!!

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

I thought this was a new thread for a moment and was ready to rip into the OP.

Still, this isn't out of the ordinary for a PG thread.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote