HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 years Ahead...

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2004, 06:48 PM
nyrfuture

vCash: 500
3 years Ahead...

I'm here to show you what I think the rangers should look like in 3 years.

First I'll show you who we should have on defense:

Tyutin: Should be able to push 10-15 goals and 45-50 points by now, either that or he has become a bruising defensive d-man, instead of two-way.

Kondratiev: Paired with Tyutin, stays back on d and put up 20 or so points, with a good plus/minus.

Pock: Offensive defenseman who will join the rush and hit hard. Racking up 30-40 points sounds accurate.

Hedman: Hopefully will be here with one of our early seconds because he could be the next QB of our power play and a fine playmaking defenseman, with a lot of potential.

Lampman: Sather has made a decision on him to be a reliable fourth/fifth d-man who makes good outlet passes.

Taylor: Nasy, mean, hard-hitting d-man who you want to stay away from. By then he should be a 6'6 230 pound d-man.

Liffiton and Baranka as good utility men, maybe more because of Liffitons 98 mph slapper.

As for goalies go I think Blackburn will get the nod because he knows North American rinks and has played well in them. With Lundqvist staying in Sweden this year, he should be our back up by then

1. Blackburn
2. Lundqvist
3. Maybe Dubnyk to work his way up, might be there with a second.

I want some help with the forwards!

Old
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Prucha73

Isn't Kondratiev an offensive defenseman who is also solid defensively?

Old
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

i dont know about you guys but i have a hard time trying to figure out who will be in the lineup next season.

you have to figure that the rangers will have a veteran or two playing with these guys. you also have to figure one or more of the guys you listed will either be moved or turn out to be a complete bust.

veteran tjutin
kondratiev pock
veteran baranka/lampman/liffiton

i think the rangers have some pretty good two way defenseman in the system. they really need a future qb on the powerplay.

i'm starting to lean towards taking barker/thelan in the first round even over olesz. i almost hope olesz and ladd are already taken when the rangers pick so the choice for sather will be obvious.

Old
06-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Skroob*

Even if most of us dont want it, you have to consider that Leetch may be back with us about 12 months from now.

Old
06-14-2004, 07:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
Even if most of us dont want it, you have to consider that Leetch may be back with us about 12 months from now.
I'm not sure that most of us don't want that.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:47 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
we'll deal with that then. But as it stands Leetch may not be welcome, especially if Sather was willing to just deal him, then i question the value of their relationship

Old
06-14-2004, 09:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
we'll deal with that then. But as it stands Leetch may not be welcome, especially if Sather was willing to just deal him, then i question the value of their relationship
I think if anything, Leetch would be the one who would not to deal with Sather again.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:37 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think if anything, Leetch would be the one who would not to deal with Sather again.
who knows, personally I'm not a fan of bringing back leetch, he has a past and it just wouldn't lead to good bringing him back

Old
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
who knows, personally I'm not a fan of bringing back leetch, he has a past and it just wouldn't lead to good bringing him back
If you mean a past of hard work, class and skill then, yes, he has a past.

Old
06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
If you mean a past of hard work, class and skill then, yes, he has a past.
no i mean a past of greatness. All to often Leetch was far to overrated because everyone expected him to be Mr. 94', sather included. I think if he comes back the expectations for him to be somehting he's not can't be good for the fan base or the coach

Old
06-15-2004, 01:38 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
I'm not sure that most of us don't want that.
Here. Here.

Old
06-15-2004, 01:47 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
no i mean a past of greatness. All to often Leetch was far to overrated because everyone expected him to be Mr. 94', sather included. I think if he comes back the expectations for him to be somehting he's not can't be good for the fan base or the coach
I don't think people would have Mr. 94' expectations of Brian Leetch if and when he returns.
It's not like Leetch would be getting 1st line minutes.
I would think Leetch can only help not only the fan base or the coach, but the players that will be maturing on the team.
Sorry, but if Leetch does not return and have a banner night and have his number retired (which maybe the Rangers could win this time around, since it's so often that a number gets retired) and raised to the roof of the Garden then that bad taste in my mouth will never go away.
That would just be flat out wrong if Leetch doesn't retire a Ranger.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:42 AM
Fitzlax99

Quote:
Ask some Leaf fans if all his "greatness" is in the past.

Old
06-15-2004, 09:53 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzlax99
Ask some Leaf fans if all his "greatness" is in the past.
I guess while I'm at it I can also ask where Leetch went in the playoffs too eh?!?

Old
06-15-2004, 09:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I guess while I'm at it I can also ask where Leetch went in the playoffs too eh?!?

Ah, so that was Leetch's fault now was it?

Old
06-15-2004, 10:01 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Ah, so that was Leetch's fault now was it?
Somewhere down the line he has to be accountable for his own play

Old
06-15-2004, 10:04 AM
JR#9*

Quote:

Yeah, that would support your position because the Leafs got bounced in 7 games by Philly.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:05 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Somewhere down the line he has to be accountable for his own play
Accountable for his own play???

Did you even see how he played for Toronto???

I'm not even going to bother as it would be a watse of time.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:05 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

If there's a problem between Sather and Leetch, I say they bury the hatchet. Right in Sather's cranium.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:09 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Accountable for his own play???

Did you even see how he played for Toronto???

I'm not even going to bother as it would be a watse of time.

Did you!?!?, I watched every single game, he got 8 assists, all from either a)feeding the puck to McCabe(oooooooohhhh, very tough :lol , purinton could do that) or getting the 2nd assist which was usually on a good outlet pass. But lets also remember how he was ***** over and over by the flyers and how he rarely got a shot on net, practically everyone was at least 5 feet wide. He was caught up ice several times and had a tough time stopping anyone in his own zone.
Maybe Leetch is your favorite player, i dunno, but the fact is, his age is VERY evident

Old
06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Fletch

Actually JR...

Leetch did have some defensive difficulties against Philly. Leetch cannot handle traffic in his own net and is not very good one-on-one. He used to be a great shot blocker until Modin broke his wrist and his recent ankle injuries, so he doesn't block nearly the amount of shots he used to. He can still lead the rush like noone else, but his defense leads a lot to be desired, sad to say.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:28 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Leetch did have some defensive difficulties against Philly. Leetch cannot handle traffic in his own net and is not very good one-on-one. He used to be a great shot blocker until Modin broke his wrist and his recent ankle injuries, so he doesn't block nearly the amount of shots he used to. He can still lead the rush like noone else, but his defense leads a lot to be desired, sad to say.
At this point in his career, he would be more effective playing 22-23 minutes or so, than the 28+ (playoffs) or 26+ (regular season), that he played last year.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:32 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Yeah, that would support your position because the Leafs got bounced in 7 games by Philly.
Everyone loves Brian for obvious reasons but you have to be at least somewhat objective in these kinds of discussions. Fact is he is no where near the player he once was and I certainly would't bring him back just for nostalgia's sake. If there was a reason to bring him back, something that would benefit the team, then maybe. But just as a feel good thing? No way.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Did you!?!?, I watched every single game, he got 8 assists, all from either a)feeding the puck to McCabe(oooooooohhhh, very tough :lol , purinton could do that) or getting the 2nd assist which was usually on a good outlet pass. But lets also remember how he was ***** over and over by the flyers and how he rarely got a shot on net, practically everyone was at least 5 feet wide. He was caught up ice several times and had a tough time stopping anyone in his own zone.
Maybe Leetch is your favorite player, i dunno, but the fact is, his age is VERY evident
1st of all he elevated McCabe's play big guy, not the other way around as you are trying to say with utter nonsense about Purinton being able to do what he did which shows that if you did watch the games you didn't know what you were talking about.

As for Philly, yes Leetch did have trouble with the big bodies but if people watched you saw that eliminating Leetch's space and keying on him was one of Philly's top priorities and McCabe's game went in the crapper when this happened.

The Leafs D was too thin and nobody(Kabarle) didn't step up and the injuries forced Quinn to overplay both Leetch and McCabe who were both playing half the game.

You think that might wear a guy down playing all those minutes and every key situation against a huge Flyer team that is keying one you 1st and foremost???

Old
06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Slewfoot

Quote:
How can you actually compare Leetch to Purinton ?
Throughout the Leafs run in the playoffs , Leetch was one of their best players. The age of the Leafs as a team was very evident in the end. I am pretty sure they are satisfied with Leetch(especially McCabe !)

Closed Thread