HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ok Fellow Blue Bloods: Should Torts Bench Christensen? (Interview Video - Post #209)

View Poll Results: Should Torts Bench Christensen To Send A Strong Message?
Bench him 1 game 49 31.82%
Bench him 2-3 games 19 12.34%
Let it go unpunished. 86 55.84%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-17-2010, 12:53 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Yeah, who needs a guy that gets the opposing team to take stupid penalites?
How many did PIT take after his sucker punch show a day before? It was not incidental. He costs us.

Quote:
Who needs a guy who is strong down low, and makes some beautiful passing plays?
Yeah, right... He is paid 4 million per for passing.

Quote:
Who needs a guy that makes people on the other team keep their head on a swivel?
That is reserved for Jagrs and Gaboriks. I don't think anyone takes seriously a depth forward like him. A few hits and his ice presence can be diminished. He needs to show his relevance by doing other things, like one he did to Smid.

Quote:
Who needs a guy on pace for a 40pt season playing with Ruslan Fedotenko?
Feds is the two times Stanley Cup champion. All that Avery got is Youtube videos with incredible dives and the similarly huge sucker pops.

Quote:
Who needs a guy who plays his ass off every night?
That what bottom 6 player has to do stay in. At some point I though he could be a top 6 player, but I was wrong, hockey sense he's got is not a substitute for his size .

Look, I am not in favor of moving Avery, he was a good locker room force for Renney and a good spare part for Torts. He doesn't cost a fortune. Just don't make a Ranger Icon out this pest. And do not make others, like Christensen, to pay close attention to what he does in order to know what to say about him. They have to be consumed by the game, not by BS.

Last edited by 94now: 11-17-2010 at 12:59 PM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:13 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
CH, Avery rarely has a response. After the whole "sloppy seconds" thing, he has been more guarded. On top of that, he was never one to try to defend himself from public scrutiny, period. He knows what his job is and he makes no apologies for doing it well.
Well put. And don't ya just HAVE to admire him for that? I call that integrity.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:56 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
How many did PIT take after his sucker punch show a day before? It was not incidental. He costs us.

Yeah, right... He is paid 4 million per for passing.

That is reserved for Jagrs and Gaboriks. I don't think anyone takes seriously a depth forward like him. A few hits and his ice presence can be diminished. He needs to show his relevance by doing other things, like one he did to Smid.

Feds is the two times Stanley Cup champion. All that Avery got is Youtube videos with incredible dives and the similarly huge sucker pops.

That what bottom 6 player has to do stay in. At some point I though he could be a top 6 player, but I was wrong, hockey sense he's got is not a substitute for his size .

Look, I am not in favor of moving Avery, he was a good locker room force for Renney and a good spare part for Torts. He doesn't cost a fortune. Just don't make a Ranger Icon out this pest. And do not make others, like Christensen, to pay close attention to what he does in order to know what to say about him. They have to be consumed by the game, not by BS.
I think we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:00 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Well put. And don't ya just HAVE to admire him for that? I call that integrity.
I call it the front office directive.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote