HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Matthew Carle?

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Matthew Carle?

I haven't read much about him since he was drafted last year in the second round by the San Jose Sharks. In any other draft, he would have easily been a first round pick IMO. I heard he did poorly at the WJCs. Any truth to this? I know that he is a pretty good skater, and that he has very good offensive potential.

Old
06-15-2004, 08:17 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Carle was on the ice at the end of every game. He was beat wide a few times, but he isn't used to the big ice. The American coach obviously relied upon him and trusted him.

He was flat out awesome for Denver this year. Was a great pick for the Sharks. Spang was a first rounder a year before, and Carle is much better than he is.

Old
06-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
Carle was on the ice at the end of every game. He was beat wide a few times, but he isn't used to the big ice. The American coach obviously relied upon him and trusted him.

He was flat out awesome for Denver this year. Was a great pick for the Sharks. Spang was a first rounder a year before, and Carle is much better than he is.
Somehow I knew you'd be the one commenting on this thread!

Old
06-15-2004, 08:44 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Somehow I knew you'd be the one commenting on this thread!
HAHAHAHAHA

Yeap...I admit...terribly biased towards Carle. .

Old
06-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Ender

Carle was awesome during the WJC, I just believe he played below par in the final game. No knock on him, even though Wild GM is 'biased' I would say what he posted is accurate.

Old
06-16-2004, 12:00 AM
db23

Matt had a better freshman season in the WCHA than Ryan Suter did. Except for an injury that cost him some games, he might have won the top Freshman Award.

Old
06-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
Spang was a second rounder in 02 (Morris was the 1st rounder). They are similar types of player. I dont expect either one to standout in the NHL however I do like Carle more. I think he could be a Stuart-lite.

06-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
So if I understand Patty, Carle will fumble the puck from the point on the PP, as well, leading to short-handed chances, too?

Carle's not anywhere near the hitter that Stuart is when Stuey's healthy. Of course, since the concussion last year...

~Crazed.

Old
06-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Carle's not anywhere near the hitter that Stuart is when Stuey's healthy.
~Crazed.
Hence, Stuey-lite

Old
06-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Matt had a better freshman season in the WCHA than Ryan Suter did. Except for an injury that cost him some games, he might have won the top Freshman Award.
Depending upon what you are basing your Suter/Carle comparison on, I beg to differ. I thought Suter was outstanding this season as I thought Carle was. Carle put up better numbers but I thought Suter was good in other areas. He was physical alot, he played against all of the top opposing forwards, WCHA or otherwise, and was generally solid all around. I thought Carle started off the year slow, but really blossomed, especially after the WJC. He looked more confident out there and played like a man on a mission on most nights.

BTW, Carle would've had to beat out Brady Murray, not Suter, to win the WCHA Rookie of the Year.

Old
06-18-2004, 08:31 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Depending upon what you are basing your Suter/Carle comparison on, I beg to differ. I thought Suter was outstanding this season as I thought Carle was. Carle put up better numbers but I thought Suter was good in other areas. He was physical alot, he played against all of the top opposing forwards, WCHA or otherwise, and was generally solid all around. I thought Carle started off the year slow, but really blossomed, especially after the WJC. He looked more confident out there and played like a man on a mission on most nights.

BTW, Carle would've had to beat out Brady Murray, not Suter, to win the WCHA Rookie of the Year.
I know that Murrey won the award, but my statement stands. I think that Suter and Carle were the All Freshman defence choices. If Carle had played the full season he would have been the top freshman in the WCHA.

Closed Thread