HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Tom Gilbert + for Commodore and MacKenzie

Old
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
OvenChicken8

vCash: 500
Tom Gilbert + for Commodore and MacKenzie

What would the + need to be to pick up these two from the Blue Jackets?

OvenChicken8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
3rd rounder and it's a done deal.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:38 PM
OvenChicken8

That's what I was thinking too. Would the fact that the blue jackets gain actual dollars in the trade cause an issue with the trade? Or would the ~300k cap relief be more of an added bonus.

OvenChicken8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Jackets could figure out the dough long-term.

TW - this move could result in a possible follow-up that I think would make you very happy. IMO Gilbert makes Tyutin expendable - and I like Toots.

Old
11-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Jackets could figure out the dough long-term.

TW - this move could result in a possible follow-up that I think would make you very happy. IMO Gilbert makes Tyutin expendable - and I like Toots.
From what I've heard, isn't Tyutin's defense a lot better than Gilbert's? I guess from reading HFBoards it seems that Gilbert is a better version of Stralman.

I could be waaay off here. I'd do the deal regardless.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:58 PM
blahblah

Crap, I got mildly excited for a second until I saw the word proposal.

I was like "suckers" and then I realized I was the sucker.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

if we're comparing his defense to Tyutin and Strahlman...I'll pass...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Don't need to add anything IMO, but if you want to, well... sure!

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

A Brief History of Jf's Opinion on the Subject:

2007: "We need a star-shutdown defenseman."
2008: "We need a star-shutdown defenseman."
2009: "We need a star-shutdown defenseman."
2010: "We need a star-shutdown defenseman."

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:40 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
It's hard to pass on anyone's defense when comparing them to Stralman... :p

Old
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
EDM

In the last game, Tyutin turned it over to the Av's five times in our zone. I counted them. Wonderful passes directly to guys wearing Av's jerseys.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
I can see how his defense would be a concern, Tyutin blows, and we know Stralman's deficencies. My thinking was to collect an asset for a guy who's our 7th defenseman sitting in the press box every night.
Gilbert might be a guy who needs a change of scenary to re-energize himself. It worked for Moreau, we could strike gold twice maybe??

Basically, in a nutshell, I'm tired of watching Tyutin play hockey, Klesla get beat easily, and Stralman looking lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
In the last game, Tyutin turned it over to the Av's five times in our zone. I counted them. Wonderful passes directly to guys wearing Av's jerseys.

I've been saying this for awhile, Fedor flat out sucks. and this year people are starting to agree with me. He had one above average year, our playoff year, and has been horrible ever since.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
True story?

Glad to know you are there looking for it and counting each time it happens. Keep up the good work and send an email to Scott while you are at it. I'm sure he's unaware of of all Tyutin's unforced errors.

Old
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I've been saying this for awhile, Fedor flat out sucks. and this year people are starting to agree with me. He had one above average year, our playoff year, and has been horrible ever since.
Oh please. You dual boxing and talking to yourself? This board has been bashing Tyutin for the last 3 years.... You had a cult following last year. It was their favorite past time around here, right after Fire Hitch "discussion".

Seriously, you don't like him. Fine. But don't try and sell that you are some lone voice in the wilderness.

Old
11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
I can see how his defense would be a concern, Tyutin blows, and we know Stralman's deficencies. My thinking was to collect an asset for a guy who's our 7th defenseman sitting in the press box every night.
Gilbert might be a guy who needs a change of scenary to re-energize himself. It worked for Moreau, we could strike gold twice maybe??

Basically, in a nutshell, I'm tired of watching Tyutin play hockey, Klesla get beat easily, and Stralman looking lost.
i was with you until the klesla comment, i mean he's only among the leaders in the league in +/-

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:23 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:

I wouldn't say "flat out sucks."
I would just say, "Not a first or possibly even a second pair defensemen."

Both he and Strawman seem to take games off.
Strawman looked horrific against the whoever it was we last played.
He plays in a daze too often.

If we had a SHUTDOWN DEFENDER (see my post history on this subject), we could tolerate lesser talent.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:59 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I wouldn't say "flat out sucks."
I would just say, "Not a first or possibly even a second pair defensemen."

Both he and Strawman seem to take games off.
Strawman looked horrific against the whoever it was we last played.
He plays in a daze too often.

If we had a SHUTDOWN DEFENDER (see my post history on this subject), we could tolerate lesser talent.
Since this is turning into the "State your opinion on Tyutin" thread, my opinion is this: He's terrible with the puck. Like, really, really bad. He's very uncomfortable moving it, touching it, passing it, etc. Seriously no better than AHL puck skills. BUT he shoots OK, and positionally he's sound. Can be an asset on the PK and PP. But usually, he's not. He can often stop the rush, but then gets into trouble when he gains control of the puck, as he has absolutely no idea what to do next. Scares me to death on a nightly basis.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:

So what about Russell not skating, and being weak on the puck? What about Methot's error's?

Everyone makes mistakes at times. You think the Caps are saying "We need to trade Ovie, because he loses the puck some times" Nope.

You think the Pens are saying "Lets give up Crosby, because he doesn't connect on EVERY pass." Nope.

You need to understand, not everything is perfect all the time. Tyutin is one of the better defenders on this team. Can he make turnovers, sure..but so does every other defender on this team, and in this league. It is just the nature of the sport.

Quote:
HA. People were on that bandwagon last year with you, and yet he is still out there. If he sucked so incredibly bad, and since we are so deep at defense, why wouldn't he be traded? Why wouldn't he be burried in Springfield?

If he sucks so bad, why isn't anyone in this organization trying to move him? I know why, because he doesn't suck. He gets victimized, because he made a bad turnover that lead to a goal... It happens.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:08 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

TW is flat out wrong about Klesla. The weakest links on the CBJ blueline are (in order):
1. Stralman - we're supposed to excuse his horrible defensive lapses because he has a good shot from the blueline, but then he never shoots!
2. Commodore - there's a reason why he rarely sticks with a club longer than his initial contract. Funny how bad luck just seems to follow him around. He not our worst defenseman, but certainly not our best. He's just the highest paid, so that makes him our worst value.
3. Tyutin - there's a reason why the NYR traded him. I agree that his best play for the CBJ was in our playoff year, but not seen since.

Kudos to Methot for not even making this list. If GMSH ever gets serious about upgrading the defense, here's where to start.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Since this is turning into the "State your opinion on Tyutin" thread, my opinion is this: He's terrible with the puck. Like, really, really bad. He's very uncomfortable moving it, touching it, passing it, etc. Seriously no better than AHL puck skills. BUT he shoots OK, and positionally he's sound. Can be an asset on the PK and PP. But usually, he's not. He can often stop the rush, but then gets into trouble when he gains control of the puck, as he has absolutely no idea what to do next. Scares me to death on a nightly basis.
Seriously? He has lead up ice rushes several times. I don't know where you get the feeling he is uncomfortable with the puck. He can move with the puck pretty well.

He can go into corners and win you board battles...something no one else on this defense can seem to do. He is good on his skates, and very rarely falls. He is always sidestepping huge hits, with the puck mind you, and doing a damn good job. You can't fault the guy for trying to breakout of the zone with a long pass, and the person receiving the pass won't even skate to the puck.

Old
11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
TW is flat out wrong about Klesla. The weakest links on the CBJ blueline are (in order):
1. Stralman - we're supposed to excuse his horrible defensive lapses because he has a good shot from the blueline, but then he never shoots!
2. Commodore - there's a reason why he rarely sticks with a club longer than his initial contract. Funny how bad luck just seems to follow him around. He not our worst defenseman, but certainly not our best. He's just the highest paid, so that makes him our worst value.
3. Tyutin - there's a reason why the NYR traded him. I agree that his best play for the CBJ was in our playoff year, but not seen since.

Kudos to Methot for not even making this list. If GMSH ever gets serious about upgrading the defense, here's where to start.
The reason they traded him, is they had Wade Redden, who they thought was going to lead them to the promise land defensively, and they needed someone who could score and put points up. The CBJ wanted to get rid of a 'problem' and the dollars worked out.

Most people I have heard from the NYR organization have nothing but highest marks to say about Tyutin, and they were sad to see him leave.

Old
11-16-2010, 09:40 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I hate those lost 30+ point seasons from those invisible D-Men.

As the poster pointed out above, what your implying is not why Tyutin was moved. I will never understand the mass hate for this guy.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I hate those lost 30+ point seasons from those invisible D-Men.

As the poster pointed out above, what your implying is not why Tyutin was moved. I will never understand the mass hate for this guy.
Because it is easier to blame the Russian guy than to see the problems with Russell, Klesla, and Stralman.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Because it is easier to blame the Russian guy than to see the problems with Russell, Klesla, and Stralman.
You were doing just fine with your defense of Tyutin until you resorted to implying that any criticism of his play was based on prejudice against Russians. Not necessary.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You were doing just fine with your defense of Tyutin until you resorted to implying that any criticism of his play was based on prejudice against Russians. Not necessary.
I guess you didn't hint my sarcasm. It was very sarcastic, based off all the hate the CBJ Fans have shown to Nik Fil-A, and Nik Z. I picked the common denominator and went with it.

Pardon my sarcasm, and carry on.