HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Habs

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
Bell is great i use to love spending an hour on the phone calling Pakistan every time there's an issue, not to mention the slowest download/upload speed, and the weakest channel selection, if you have options anything is better then Bell.

You're crazy, Bell has way more channels and way more HD.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Does Bell still throatle torrents during peak hours? I switched back in the day when they started that.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
It's all fine and dandy, but as an Anglo, I just prefer it in English in my living room, it's my choice, that's all. We work in french, my living room is available in English, I don't see an issue.
I'm an anglo also. I don't see the issue with watching RDS and I'm not even bilingual. While I admit I like TSN, the value really isn't worth it when you factor in videotrons discount.

Just giving my opinion on both, do what you want, to each their own but it really isn't about language for me, I don't even speak French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Does Bell still throatle torrents during peak hours? I switched back in the day when they started that.
Of course dude. Insert question about Bell being ****, the answer is "Yes" on almost any count you can think of. Do they still have ridiculously ****** speeds when compared with advertised? Yeah if you don't have FIBE definitely. Is the customer service beyond bareable still whenever a problem does arise? Of course. I deal with them on almost a daily basis as a result of the job I have. Even their business customer support is pathetic let alone residential. They throttle the **** out of their DSL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't think he was picking at your choice, it's just that some of us are fed up with bell to the point that no deal would ever make us go back.
Exactly not knocking his choice but keeping him informed in case there were some things maybe he didn't know about that would have affected his decision. Like for example the first time you have a problem with the service be prepared to ***** until your face turns red or wait at least a week for it to be resolved, take your pick. These are the kinds of reasons people stick with the services they've had all along.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
of course they do

Old
11-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm an anglo also. I don't see the issue with watching RDS and I'm not even bilingual. While I admit I like TSN, the value really isn't worth it when you factor in videotrons discount.

Just giving my opinion on both, do what you want, to each their own but it really isn't about language for me, I don't even speak French.
Videotrons discount didn't beat Bell's. I'm still saving & getting the station I want.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
coolasprICE

Right now I have bell internet and illico tv -- prbly the worst combo to have lol ..

The reason is because at the time these were the opitions that did not hassle me with a contract.

Now, this weekend I had a rep from Videotron call me to offer internet high speed (40 gigs) for 37 dollars + videotron telephone for 13 dollars and to drop my illico charge by 3 bucks (i'm paying around 50 / month now including movie channels). He said my total bill would be 110 $... Though not sure I want the phone deal.

To boot, they're offering me no installation fees and no contract.

I told them to call me back in a month; the guy insisted I just make a reservation in a months time and call to cancel if I change my mind.

Now, I'm thinking of calling bell to tell them my videotron offers.... and then once they drop the price, I will call videotron.

Bell internet sucks, so much that like NeoFury said, I rather deal with no TSN on illico and have Videotron internet.

Plus losing tv signal on bell is always a risk in the winter or in bad weather.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Videotrons discount didn't beat Bell's. I'm still saving & getting the station I want.
Yeah I'm aware of that but the thing is I'm not referring to the overall price I'm referring to the overall value.

Bells internet to me is a service worthy of 5$ a month. You don't get the bandwidth advertised, they throttle during peak hours which is basically whenever 9-5 people aren't at work. So basically the bandwidth you're paying money for you don't even get. Then I also get tons of downtime when I had them and when the DSL light was clearly off they would try to tell me it's on my end. I'm an IT professional, I think I know how to diagnose if a problem is on my end or not. They try to make you go through like 2 hours of diagnostics, then at the end they fail to fix your problem and they make up a lie and say "oh sir, I just discovered there's a downage in your area". Well wouldn't that be the first thing you would check? This isn't an uncommon thing either, ask anyone here, this is by the book bell. I think I know how to turn on/off a modem, how to ipconfig or repair a connection etc. They basically make you do this 8 different ways/variations wasting hours of your time just to tell you it's a downtime in your area. In reality it isn't and 24 hours pass DSL light off you call back, same ******** different day. Eventually you grow wise to their schemes but they keep refusing to send a tech and keep saying its on your end even after a week. Finally you escalate it because you learn their game and threaten to cancel if no tech is sent, FINALLY they agree to send one.

Tech gets there, problems on their end. Obviously after a while you learn how to deal with them and can get a technician, at least now that I've told you you'll know to escalate the issue right away and ignore the dumb people in India who don't want to help you, don't care and just ******** you 24/7.

Now that I deal with it all the time yeah it's easy to deal with them, just call, tell the guy you're an IT guy and that you've done everything, let him ******** you anyways and pretend you're doing the steps and that they're failing, ask to speak to a supervisor etc get a technician within 48 hours ROFL this is for businesses. How many businesses you know that will keep an ISP that allows them to basically be offline for 48+ hours.

But believe me it's all fun, you get **** internet that is slow throttled and beyond ****** during peak hours (anytime a 9-5er is home) and to top it all off when said **** internet goes down they refuse to send a technician LOL, videotron I'm not joking within 15 minutes you're getting a technician, and frankly the service doesn't have problems nearly as much. I know it's a better service because all my clients who are on Bell have endless problems where as the videotron customers don't. It isn't just luck that myself, every single person I know, almost all my clients etc all have problems with Bell but the videotron ones don't.

Again though this is no sleight on the ExpressVu service as it is good despite being with this **** company, and far superior to illico hands down you're getting the better TV, so if you really don't give a crap about internet then you win here don't get me wrong. I just refuse to give anymore money to a company that's so **** and has ****ed over so many people, who refuse to send a technician when their lines are the problem, they'd rather pay people to waste your time and give you the run around, people from a foreign country taking jobs from Canadians none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Right now I have bell internet and illico tv -- prbly the worst combo to have lol ..

The reason is because at the time these were the opitions that did not hassle me with a contract.

Now, this weekend I had a rep from Videotron call me to offer internet high speed (40 gigs) for 37 dollars + videotron telephone for 13 dollars and to drop my illico charge by 3 bucks (i'm paying around 50 / month now including movie channels). He said my total bill would be 110 $... Though not sure I want the phone deal.

To boot, they're offering me no installation fees and no contract.

I told them to call me back in a month; the guy insisted I just make a reservation in a months time and call to cancel if I change my mind.

Now, I'm thinking of calling bell to tell them my videotron offers.... and then once they drop the price, I will call videotron.

Bell internet sucks, so much that like NeoFury said, I rather deal with no TSN on illico and have Videotron internet.

Plus losing tv signal on bell is always a risk in the winter or in bad weather.
I would call them back and say I don't want the phone can you offer me a deal for illico + videotron internet, Bell is offering me X for Y. Then see what they say, problem is though they're better than Bell and in a sense they're smug about it these days. They might offer you a good deal but probably not the deal Bell can offer you.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:57 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
I would call them back and say I don't want the phone can you offer me a deal for illico + videotron internet, Bell is offering me X for Y. Then see what they say, problem is though they're better than Bell and in a sense they're smug about it these days. They might offer you a good deal but probably not the deal Bell can offer you.
I'm going to try and get a deal for the 15 mbit /s internet for the same price they quoted the 7.5 mbit /s, like someone had posted above.

Old
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
I'm going to try and get a deal for the 15 mbit /s internet for the same price they quoted the 7.5 mbit /s, like someone had posted above.
Everyone should try to get the best deal according to their situation, That's what the threads intention was, I already had high speed with them, the deal is good. Now I get Randy & Mike Johnson for less cash.

Old
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
guapo23

Here's another idea :
petitons, facebook group etc..
to get videotron to offer the other TSN feed ?

RDS provides such lousy coverage...

Old
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Of course dude. Insert question about Bell being ****, the answer is "Yes" on almost any count you can think of. Do they still have ridiculously ****** speeds when compared with advertised? Yeah if you don't have FIBE definitely. Is the customer service beyond bareable still whenever a problem does arise? Of course. I deal with them on almost a daily basis as a result of the job I have. Even their business customer support is pathetic let alone residential. They throttle the **** out of their DSL.
I have bell tv and videotron internet
i love when mommy pays the bills. told her to switch, but she said it was too much of a hastle. I win!

Old
11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I really don't care about watching games on RDS. I mean... as long as I can watch Habs games somewhere, I'm fine with it.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
znk

Quote:
I just went through the pain staking process of switching from Videotron to Bell. they were ready to cut my bill by 40 percent, I told them it was futile, they have no plans on getting TSN Habs in the near future. The Bell deal since I'm on the internet & phone with them is half price for the same stations. Go for it guys! Bell is at war.. use it.
I dont know man. My parents have Bell and one time I was over there and there was a storm and they kept losing the signal.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Im fine with RDS. All i really wish is that somone posts the Habs tele-series on youtube
anyone has a link of the yesterday show?

Old
11-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I dont know man. My parents have Bell and one time I was over there and there was a storm and they kept losing the signal.
It's a valid question I asked, they assured me that in a big City like Montreal, the booster is there, so we will see.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
anyone has a link of the yesterday show?
It already started?

Old
11-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
It already started?
From what I saw it started yesterday, November 14th

Old
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That's quite often when it snows or rains a lot.

Old
11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
That's quite often when it snows or rains a lot.
so, does signal get lost at every storm? or is it like once in every 10 storms? what's the reliability like?

Old
11-15-2010, 10:34 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
so, does signal get lost at every storm? or is it like once in every 10 storms? what's the reliability like?
Can't speak for other people but at my home it's pretty much a miracle if we don't loose it. Luckily, never happened during hockey.

Old
11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Montrealer

I rarely have issues with losing the signal, but it's very dependent on how good your installer was. Crap installer = crap installation = signal loss every time it rains or snows. Being able to reach the dish to clear any snow (it's mounted on my balcony) helps a lot too when there's sticky snow accumulating..

Selection (especially HD) is 10X better than Videotron. Internet has been fine on my end, and I always negotiate it down to $30 a month every summer. I'd have a problem (busting the cap) if I downloaded more than half a dozen torrents a month, but I don't. I rarely have to call support but when I do I call in French so I can speak to someone local.

I'm not sure why Videotron gets a free pass from so many when they're just as much a corporation as Bell is. I used to be a Videotron subscriber until they basically told me to go fly a kite if I didn't like the channel selection (I think at the time back in '02 I dared ask when we'd get time shifting west coast network options) so I cancelled on the spot and went to StarChoice. Now I've moved on to Bell since it seemed to have the best channel options and I've been very pleased.

That being said, I have to call to cancel my home phone again (I am planning to ditch it since we have cell phones and who uses landlines anymore?.. and go dry loop or maybe TekSavvy or something, maybe even TekSavvy cable now that they resell...) the last time they basically gave me enough credits to cover my entire home phone bill for a year.

Of course that's over and so it's time to call and see what happens this time around.

Old
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
coolasprICE

the only thing holding me back with expressvu is the signal loss risk..

Recently launched FibeTV if I'm not mistaken eliminates this risk

Old
11-15-2010, 11:20 PM
HabsHockey

You will lose TV during storms with Bell but that's the whole point of the internet. Just stream games.

Old
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
You will lose TV during storms with Bell but that's the whole point of the internet. Just stream games.
lame

Old
11-16-2010, 12:07 AM
suprez

It's funny because i switched to video a couple of time ago and i don't know how i could stay with bel for such a long period of time.

Their custumer service = Horrible
Their internet suck(less choice/Less speed)
Their throttle suck
I hate Satellite t.v .. I was with star choice and i hated it.I remember full day at home with no image because of the temperature.During winter it's worse because of snow and you miss out habs match!!
Did i say throttle?
Poor ping for multiplayer gaming.

All in all ..Videotron is simply superior . Cnada internet and especialy quebec suck anyway.Stupid bandwitch usage.Even frigging usa's losing it.Because they have more choice.

40% discount?Man i need to work something out.

Closed Thread