HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Habs

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2010, 12:25 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

vCash: 500
So what's everyone paying for their services here? (TV, Net, Home line)

HDTV Base +25 stations +HD
High Speed Net 60 GB Cap
Home Line with 1000 minutes long distance

I pay $120

Old
11-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
They asked in the future, if we add TSN Habs, would you come back. Told them you have my address, feel free to send me any deals you have in future. There is a cable war in Quebec right now, for a change the customer is in charge.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:20 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post

High Speed Net 60 GB Cap

I pay $120
with taxes

45$(discounted 5$ supposedly) for Fibe7 internet ---- bell
~60 $ for 15 channels + movie package + tsn / rds hd ----videotron

Old
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I rarely have issues with losing the signal, but it's very dependent on how good your installer was. Crap installer = crap installation = signal loss every time it rains or snows. Being able to reach the dish to clear any snow (it's mounted on my balcony) helps a lot too when there's sticky snow accumulating..

Selection (especially HD) is 10X better than Videotron. Internet has been fine on my end, and I always negotiate it down to $30 a month every summer. I'd have a problem (busting the cap) if I downloaded more than half a dozen torrents a month, but I don't. I rarely have to call support but when I do I call in French so I can speak to someone local.

I'm not sure why Videotron gets a free pass from so many when they're just as much a corporation as Bell is. I used to be a Videotron subscriber until they basically told me to go fly a kite if I didn't like the channel selection (I think at the time back in '02 I dared ask when we'd get time shifting west coast network options) so I cancelled on the spot and went to StarChoice. Now I've moved on to Bell since it seemed to have the best channel options and I've been very pleased.

That being said, I have to call to cancel my home phone again (I am planning to ditch it since we have cell phones and who uses landlines anymore?.. and go dry loop or maybe TekSavvy or something, maybe even TekSavvy cable now that they resell...) the last time they basically gave me enough credits to cover my entire home phone bill for a year.

Of course that's over and so it's time to call and see what happens this time around.
Because I doubt anyone here really gives a **** about "ohhhh Bell's a big corporation" or not. They just want good service and Bell doesn't offer that while Videotron does. It doesn't really have anything to do with fighting the power and to anyone who it does good for them but I'm not going to sacrifice having good internet to go fight the power with an inferior company like TekSavvy and yeah, they are inferior.

If it were about that every single person in this thread would respond "Teksavvy + Some ****** Satelite company".

We're basically discussing the quality of the products.

Videotron's internet being the best by far
Bell's TV being the best by far
Videotrons service >>>>>>>>> Bell.

I will admit though I never thought about the whole go to a French rep thing cause I'm Anglo and very bad in French, though I've never heard a single good thing about their French service people either as many of my clients are Francophone and obviously when they call use the French option. So really it might be people who aren't in India you're getting but they go by the same book. In the end a **** storm is a **** storm whether it's Indian or French. They go by the book @ Bell and by the book means wasting your time.

Old
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post

High Speed Net 60 GB Cap

I pay $120
As for me, I pay $100 (before tax) for:
- Internet TGV 15 Mbps (Cap 60 GB)
- HDTV basic channels + 15 channels
- Home phone line with call display

Old
11-16-2010, 08:43 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
It's funny because i switched to video a couple of time ago and i don't know how i could stay with bel for such a long period of time.

Their custumer service = Horrible
Their internet suck(less choice/Less speed)
Their throttle suck
I hate Satellite t.v .. I was with star choice and i hated it.I remember full day at home with no image because of the temperature.During winter it's worse because of snow and you miss out habs match!!
Did i say throttle?
Poor ping for multiplayer gaming.

All in all ..Videotron is simply superior . Cnada internet and especialy quebec suck anyway.Stupid bandwitch usage.Even frigging usa's losing it.Because they have more choice.

40% discount?Man i need to work something out.
Actually Videotron offers the fastest residential and small business internet in Canada (only based in Quebec though) and they also use the biggest back bone in Canada iirc. They're far superior to those other companies in terms of internet and it's not even close. Out west is just terrible, you get Telus and Bell, Telus is like a less ****y version of Bell. In Ontario it's just awful, they get Rogers which is just plain bad, Bell which is terrible also. Believe me we have it lucky in Quebec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
They asked in the future, if we add TSN Habs, would you come back. Told them you have my address, feel free to send me any deals you have in future. There is a cable war in Quebec right now, for a change the customer is in charge.
Yeah but in reality there isn't a war, Bell has lost so many clients over the last 10 years that they're really starting to feel it now and they're desperate. Why do you think Videotron is smug and won't give you the deal Bell will? They don't need your business and Bell does and it's for a reason. But hey like you said, it's all about finding the best deal that caters to ones self, but personally even if Bell offered an equal internet service to Videotron's for 5$ cheaper I wouldn't risk switching to them because the money I pay extra to me is worth the peace of mind in knowing that if I do have a problem it will actually be resolved. Again though I won't speak ill of Expressvu because it is the best and you've made a solid choice with Expressvu. If their crappy internet doesn't bother you and you're just a casual internet user (email, HF, etc) then I can definitely understand why you chose Bell. Your experiences with them haven't been the same as mine, but I always feel I owe to someone if they're pondering making the switch to let them know just how bad Bells service is. Once they get your money/business they simply don't give a ****.

Old
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
Videotrons discount didn't beat Bell's. I'm still saving & getting the station I want.

Enjoy the game on Monday, channel 1402!

Old
11-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
with taxes

45$(discounted 5$ supposedly) for Fibe7 internet ---- bell
~60 $ for 15 channels + movie package + tsn / rds hd ----videotron
Wow you get the movie package that cheap? I have Eastlink in Nova Scotia, were on a student deal, $100 for basic cable and internet, cable is probably 55 channels, no HDTV.

Old
11-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Kruky

I had Bell express view and was happy with it except for one thing, losing the signal all the time. At first it was only when there was huge snow storm. In the end, a light rain would lose my signal and that was almost everyday. I called them and said forget it.

I got a deal with Rogers where I exchange my 2 digital Express view box and in return would get a free HD PVR and free HD box. So I paid Bell 160$ (80 X2) because I did not return their digital box. So technically I paid 160$ for a HD PVR and HD box. Good deal.

I do miss the internet however. It was always stable and even tough a bit slower, always had the same speed, their India customer service center is the worst however. With rogers internet, if the all neighborhood is on at the same time, it's slower then dial up. But, the customer service center is here in Ottawa and not in India.

Old
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
AlexCvm

I have FIBE 10 internet / FIBE TV and I always got the advertised speed (which in my case is 10 MBPS. I used to get 10 mbps download + 0,8 upload...but since switching to Fibe Tv I'm at 10 / 3,5.

I wouldn't even consider going back to Videotron and PKP...

Old
11-20-2010, 11:53 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
I have FIBE 10 internet / FIBE TV and I always got the advertised speed (which in my case is 10 MBPS. I used to get 10 mbps download + 0,8 upload...but since switching to Fibe Tv I'm at 10 / 3,5.

I wouldn't even consider going back to Videotron and PKP...

Fibe TV works on Fibe 10? Thought you needed 25. Where do you live?

Old
11-21-2010, 12:08 AM
AlexCvm

I'm in Montreal.

You don't have to get FIBE 25 to run Bell Tv, but you must live in an area in which FIBE 25 is available.

You can have Fibe6 + Fibe TV if you want.

Old
11-21-2010, 09:54 AM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
I'm in Montreal.

You don't have to get FIBE 25 to run Bell Tv, but you must live in an area in which FIBE 25 is available.

You can have Fibe6 + Fibe TV if you want.

Wow, Montreal, care to be more specific? LOL

Old
11-21-2010, 10:03 AM
No Team Needed

No matter what kind of deal you get, you should avoid Bell. Then again, everyone knows they shouldn't buy at Wal-Mart but saving six cents on a can of beans is just too hot of an offer to pass up for some.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:18 AM
HABitual

I was hoping that TSN Habs would be created to be the English broadcaster for all Habs games, like RDS, but it just seems redundant, because it does not even broadcast outside of the NHL-mandated Montreal Canadiens broadcast area, which sucks for me because I am not in that region. I wish there was an English language version of RDS. It sucks not being about to speak french fluently.

Old
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
A1 knows, trust me! I got switched over to Bell-dish Saturday & Time shifting is a great option. With that I can now just catch my Network shows after the Habs game on a channel out west. Looking forward to watching the Habs on TSN-Regional Monday.

Funny thing, Videotron shows up during the AL's game this aft to cut the nibs off my cable.

Last edited by Player 61: 11-21-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
AlexCvm

Quote:
Haha, yeah...Outremont.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
A1 knows, trust me! I got switched over to Bell-dish Saturday & Time shifting is a great option. With that I can now just catch my Network shows after the Habs game on a channel out west. Looking forward to watching the Habs on TSN-Regional Monday.

Funny thing, Videotron shows up during the AL's game this aft to cut the nibs off my cable.

Yeah time shifting rules, even with a dual tuner PVR, I use the west coast channels often on habs game nights and Sundays.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
I had Bell express view and was happy with it except for one thing, losing the signal all the time. At first it was only when there was huge snow storm. In the end, a light rain would lose my signal and that was almost everyday. I called them and said forget it.

I got a deal with Rogers where I exchange my 2 digital Express view box and in return would get a free HD PVR and free HD box. So I paid Bell 160$ (80 X2) because I did not return their digital box. So technically I paid 160$ for a HD PVR and HD box. Good deal.

I do miss the internet however. It was always stable and even tough a bit slower, always had the same speed, their India customer service center is the worst however. With rogers internet, if the all neighborhood is on at the same time, it's slower then dial up. But, the customer service center is here in Ottawa and not in India.
I'd say your dish must have moved and wasn't properly aligned if you were losing your signal even in a light rain at the end.. The only time I lose my signal is when there is a very heavy downpour of rain or when there was snow actually stuck on the dish until I brushed it off.. Losing my signal with Bell as never been much of a problem for me..

Old
11-21-2010, 07:42 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I'd say your dish must have moved and wasn't properly aligned if you were losing your signal even in a light rain at the end.. The only time I lose my signal is when there is a very heavy downpour of rain or when there was snow actually stuck on the dish until I brushed it off.. Losing my signal with Bell as never been much of a problem for me..
that's easy if the dish is on the balcony, but if it's on your roof how do you brush it off? don't tell me you take out a ladder in the middle of winter!

Old
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
sheed36

Quote:
that's easy if the dish is on the balcony, but if it's on your roof how do you brush it off? don't tell me you take out a ladder in the middle of winter!
My dish is about 5 feet or so off the ground so it's easy to brush the snow from it...

Old
11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
The Technician I had, put it in a reachable place from my rear balcony. If the case should be that it fills with snow and causes a problem, which I doubt. I can go out with a regular broom to do the trick. The signal is very clear, I did some more research on my own on the web. As the tech said, not really a snow problem. More of an issue is hard rain which bounces off the dish, but that's five-ten mins tops on a bad one.

Old
11-21-2010, 08:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
The Technician I had, put it in a reachable place from my rear balcony. If the case should be that it fills with snow and causes a problem, which I doubt. I can go out with a regular broom to do the trick. The signal is very clear, I did some more research on my own on the web. As the tech said, not really a snow problem. More of an issue is hard rain which bounces off the dish, but that's five-ten mins tops on a bad one.
Actually I have lost my signal when there was very heavy rain coming my way but had not reached my location yet.. Within a couple of minutes or so though it would begin to rain very hard..

During the winter the wet snow is what gives me the most problem with sticking on the dish and I have to at times go and brush it off..

Old
11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Yeah time shifting rules, even with a dual tuner PVR, I use the west coast channels often on habs game nights and Sundays.
The best thing about that, if the night's in conflict & the Habs lose. I won't be as mad at them for missing House. Not anymore...

Old
11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Maverik

Quote:
You can get US alternate feeds (Fox, CBS, etc.) and canadian alternate feeds (CTV, etc.) with Videotron too..

Closed Thread