HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey parents banned

Old
04-02-2014, 07:30 AM
doogie5

vCash: 500
Hockey parents banned

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...253504041.html
Hockey Winnipeg has penalized a local couple for three years for their role in an altercation in the opposing team's dressing room last February.
The Winnipeg husband and wife were involved in the altercation in Fargo, N.D., on Feb. 8. Their eight-year-old son plays for the River East Royals (White).

doogie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Twrekx

This is so sad that an incident like this still happen in this day and age. I am glad here in Calgary Hockey Calgary has mandated that all parents and coaches must take the "respect in sport" course or their child will not play.

Twrekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 11:22 AM
NativeHockey77*

Their son was 8? Parents need to learn how to chill out. I still remember this one lady had her son that was an atom in a novice tourney and of course he was beasting out there and was jumping up and down yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs and when her kid would score she would look around and see if anyone noticed it was her kid. I know that isn't as bad as this altercation but irks me seeing parents going over the top in the stands

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:47 PM
doogie5

Sounds like the coach took care of the 8yr olds dad...blood everywhere....not a very good show for the kids.
They should take it one step further and publish the names of the parents...

Old
04-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Twrekx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyh0rse View Post
Their son was 8? Parents need to learn how to chill out. I still remember this one lady had her son that was an atom in a novice tourney and of course he was beasting out there and was jumping up and down yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs and when her kid would score she would look around and see if anyone noticed it was her kid. I know that isn't as bad as this altercation but irks me seeing parents going over the top in the stands
I see this kind of stuff all the time, I just roll my eyes. Personally I do get loud cheering when my son makes a big save.

Twrekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 04:31 PM
SillyMe

Pretty sad state of affairs.
At least 2 rinks around here have instituted a ZERO tolerance policy because of idiocy like this.

I'm sure the kids and their parents are real happy with that players parents right now...hope he doesn't get bullied over it.

SillyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
NativeHockey77*

What is with some parents that go crazy like this? I understand your kids hockey is important to you but a fight? I go crazy and I follow stats and pretend to be a scout and predict who will make the same Rep teams my nephew is trying out for but this is over the top

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 07:03 AM
doogie5

The goalies parents are appealing the decision....now it's time to publish their names for some public embarrassment.

You would think after the dad got beaten up they would keep quiet. Lol

Old
04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
mistrhanky

They should, on appeal, give him an extra year. You just don't ever go into another teams locker room. Ever.

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote