HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garth Snow on NHL Network Today at Noon

Old
11-16-2010, 01:35 PM
okie21

vCash: 500
"The media is soft because sports is a small world. Nobody wants to get on Any ones bad side n hurt future job opportunities. I'm not trying to get hired so I'll spit the truth right here. Isles 1st rounders are likely picked by Wang, Gordon likely fired due to wang watching dipietro sit, snows biggest problem is he is smug, rude, dishonest...he is trying to sell tickets to the people stupid enough to buy his lies. Half the fans don't follow closely enough to he is talking bs most of the time. All mandated from Wang of course."

This is why the interview would have been much better if hosted by Mad Dog, remember the Milbury interview on WFAN back in 03 after firing Laviolette?

Francesa opened the interview with the essential question: "Why the change?"
Milbury listed reasons, including what had become his mantra - the line of communication between Laviolette and the players had "snapped."
Enter Russo, who, in a disgusted tone, asked: "Mike, how are you still the GM?"
Milbury stammered. Russo pounced.
"Let's be fair. You have not done a good job here. You continue to hire and fire coaches. Your drafting is pathetic. You have not done a good job with your players . . . ."

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Snow doing the circuit today - here's his interview with the fan590 in Toronto (Doug MacLean and Greg Brady) if you care to listen.

Same fluff responses for the most part.

Snow DOES SAY that he's been "under no financial restraints whatsoever" - interesting.

Last edited by redbull: 11-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Snow doing the circuit today - here's his interview with the fan590 in Toronto (Doug MacLean and Greg Brady if you care to listen.

He's a big man today. Lots of interviews. You go Snow.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Isles Shawn

delete...

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Did anyone ask him about the two girls making out with him standing right there? maybe he can give a real answer on that issue.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Did anyone ask him about the two girls making out with him standing right there? maybe he can give a real answer on that issue.
They were willing to do anything to get traded.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
They were willing to do anything to get traded.
Guess they were pretty smart.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
forsitel22

Hey guys, just wanted to say that the email that came from the fan on NHL Live was actually part of a collaborated effort made by the fans over at the ************* message board to have their voices heard by Darth Garth. We are trying to bring more attention to the incompetence of Charles Wang and hopefully you guys feel the same way. If so we as Islander fans with parallel goals should strive to bring about positive change and that can only be done by putting pressure on management.

This being the case I hope that you will help contribute and send emails similar to the one read on NHL Live.

forsitel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Satan'sIsland81

Quote:
Snow doing the circuit today - here's his interview with the fan590 in Toronto (Doug MacLean and Greg Brady) if you care to listen.

Snow DOES SAY that he's been "under no financial restraints whatsoever" - interesting.
If this indeed is true, and we all know that Wang has the team under some kind of financial restraint, (but I believe, as many have said on here, that it is not quite as low as many want to believe), then how is this crappy team clearly not Snow's fault? He should just say nothing at all. Every time he comes out and says he is under no financial restraints and he can bring in players if he wants to, he is making himself look more incompetent by the fact that he never actually DOES anything, he just talks about the fact that he CAN do something. What an idiot.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsitel22 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to say that the email that came from the fan on NHL Live was actually part of a collaborated effort made by the fans over at the ************* message board to have their voices heard by Darth Garth. We are trying to bring more attention to the incompetence of Charles Wang and hopefully you guys feel the same way. If so we as Islander fans with parallel goals should strive to bring about positive change and that can only be done by putting pressure on management.

This being the case I hope that you will help contribute and send emails similar to the one read on NHL Live.

....TIMES A QUADRILLION

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I really wish we knew which it really is. Snow's said this on multiple occasions, yet his defenders continuously talk about how Wang has tied his hands by budget constraints.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
BillD

Quote:

Just boycott the eff'n games. That's the best message,<4,000 butts in seats.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:17 PM
forsitel22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Just boycott the eff'n games. That's the best message,<4,000 butts in seats.
Clearly not considering he is averaging 12k a night anyway yet the same BS persists. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. But as it stands plenty of people are fed up and at the point of making a public demonstration. Whether that demonstration is through attending games with paper bag's on our head or through calling in and flooding newlines with emails it will help to make ownership aware that we as Islander fans are fed up. Anyway, I don't want to get into an argument because I realize that this is only my second post on this message board and I have no right to come in and make insults or accusations. So here is my email to NHL Live, hopefully it will serve as a model if others decide to send some.

"NHL Live,
I would just like to briefly address this mornings interview with New York Islander General Manager Garth Snow. After hearing parts of the interview, I couldn't help but notice that most of the questions asked were similar if not the same questions he answered in yesterdays media conference call after the initial firing per Katie Strang. As esteemed members of the media I feel it is your job to be the bridge between the management and the disgruntled fan base. In this instance, Garth Snow has just fired the coach he himself appointed to lead this once awesome franchise out of the dark. Despite this ostensibly important event, no mention is made of the fact that perhaps he needed to sign better free agents to play alongside his young stars like Tavares and Bailey. Moreover no mention is made at all of any preparations that were made going into this transition. As reported by Chris Botta, Jack Capuano was not informed until yesterday that he would be the head coach of the New York Islanders. Did Garth Snow just wake up and decide today was the day, or did he have some sort of meeting with Gordon and tell him he was on the hot seat? As reported by Strang to rebut last weeks NY Post article by Brooks, Gordon was never talked to about potentially losing his job.

It is my opinion that there is a higher play at work, Charles Wang has continuously stuck his nose into the business of this franchise disrupting the normal course of events. Furthermore he has refused to pay more than a cent extra to help this team all the while holding Islander die hards hostage with a feeling of helplessness. This is the type of question that Garth needs to hear, he needs to be asked if it was Wang who fired Gordon. While he may not answer the question directly, it would do more good for the numerous Islander fans listening than would asking him softball questions. These same Islander fans are also fed up with the sickening way in which this team is being run and in all reality are on the verge of demonstrating their discontent in a more public forum.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, signed,
A disgruntled Islander fan."

forsitel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
If this indeed is true, and we all know that Wang has the team under some kind of financial restraint, (but I believe, as many have said on here, that it is not quite as low as many want to believe), then how is this crappy team clearly not Snow's fault? He should just say nothing at all. Every time he comes out and says he is under no financial restraints and he can bring in players if he wants to, he is making himself look more incompetent by the fact that he never actually DOES anything, he just talks about the fact that he CAN do something. What an idiot.
Snow is either a terrible GM, a liar, or maybe even both.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
TheRedressor

Here is the rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXA0a2CcWnU

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I really wish we knew which it really is. Snow's said this on multiple occasions, yet his defenders continuously talk about how Wang has tied his hands by budget constraints.
**********************[mod edit]
what do you expect him to say? Neil Smith was fired in his first month, Patty Lafontaine left after 6 days....

his choices are speak the company line and stay and act as a buffer or speak out and be fired and let Charles do his best Jerry Jones imitation as defacto GM.

until you guys admit that its either Garth trying to hold back Wang, or let Wang have free reign as GM, and leave the team subject to his daily whims, youll never understand

What part of Wang thinks he's as qualified as any GM in hockey, dont you understand ?

look up the word Megalomania

a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur

as in Their CEO has an arrogance that borders on megalomania

talk to any executive at computer associates

Last edited by DaMick: 11-16-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Flaming/Heres your warning...cut it out
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
******************? what do you expect him to say? Neil Smith was fired in his first month, Patty Lafontaine left after 6 days....

his choices are speak the company line and stay and act as a buffer or speak out and be fired and let Charles do his best Jerry Jones imitation as defacto GM.

until you guys admit that its either Garth trying to hold back Wang, or let Wang have free reign as GM, and leave the team subject to his daily whims, youll never understand

What part of Wang thinks he's as qualified as any GM in hockey, dont you understand ?

look up the word Megalomania

a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur

as in Their CEO has an arrogance that borders on megalomania
You really can't respond to posts without personal insults, can you?

If Snow can't make a single decision without Wang's approval, then why is Snow being applauded for the Isles prospect pool? Shouldn't Wang be given all the credit then, since according to you he won't let Snow sneeze without passing it by him first?

If Wang's as bad as you say he is (and there's no reason to doubt he isn't), then I'm pretty sure it's a safe guess that Wang is involved in EVERYTHING, from signing contracts to who gets drafted. I doubt very much that a "Meglomaniac" would be completely hands-on for some stuff, but then let Snow do whatever he felt like when it came to another. That's the nature of someone who wants control like Wang apparently does. They want control of EVERY and ALL decisions.

Last edited by DaMick: 11-16-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post.
Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
You really can't respond to posts without personal insults, can you?

If Snow can't make a single decision without Wang's approval, then why is Snow being applauded for the Isles prospect pool? Shouldn't Wang be given all the credit then, since according to you he won't let Snow sneeze without passing it by him first?

If Wang's as bad as you say he is (and there's no reason to doubt he isn't), then I'm pretty sure it's a safe guess that Wang is involved in EVERYTHING, from signing contracts to who gets drafted. I doubt very much that a "Meglomaniac" would be completely hands-on for some stuff, but then let Snow do whatever he felt like when it came to another. That's the nature of someone who wants control like Wang apparently does. They want control of EVERYTHING.
now you get it.....that is exactly why I give Snow credit, because you are exactly right.... think of how hard it would be to manipulate a person like that. To gain even a smidgen of influence, to watch everything you say and do, so that you can influence such a person. To make such a person believe that your ideas are actually his own. so that you can actually achieve any success at all,

and its not a personal insult, im chiding you because your posts are way too insightful in general for you not to have considered this. I realize we live in a time where political correctness is the usual position but come on in this case the evidence is so obvious its criminal to sugar coat it

occams Razor get me?

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 11-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old
11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:

It is my opinion that there is a higher play at work, Charles Wang has continuously stuck his nose into the business of this franchise disrupting the normal course of events. Furthermore he has refused to pay more than a cent extra to help this team all the while holding Islander die hards hostage with a feeling of helplessness. This is the type of question that Garth needs to hear, he needs to be asked if it was Wang who fired Gordon. While he may not answer the question directly, it would do more good for the numerous Islander fans listening than would asking him softball questions. These same Islander fans are also fed up with the sickening way in which this team is being run and in all reality are on the verge of demonstrating their discontent in a more public forum.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, signed,
A disgruntled Islander fan."
beautifully said. absolutely on point

Old
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Snow is either a terrible GM, a liar, or maybe even both.
There is the Salary Cap / Salary Floor / Team Budget.

Wang has always said Salary is tied to Revenue.

Snow knows his team budget and plans accordingly (let's say for example Team Budget = Salary Floor).

Snow probably has proposed exceptions to go over budget for which he needs Wang's approval.

i.e. Long Term Deal for Paul Martin or Kovy on a 1 year deal

Let's say Wang says "OK", but the offers are turned down.

Does that make Snow a liar, or a terrible GM, or both?

What would you do? Let's say you have a line of credit for a half mill. Do you max it to enjoy life while you're still on this planet? Or do you stick to a budget and purchase the things you can afford? I for one have always been a save for a rainy day kind of guy. So am completely fine with not overpaying for players just to reach the salary cap max and to show the fanbase that Spending Max $$ = Trying to win the Cup.

Unless Finger / Redden / Nylander turn your crank. Go for it I'm sure they are available for draft picks (so long as Wang says OK).

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:30 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Longtime no see...TR anyways good stuff to watch this guy throw pretty much a hissy fit.

Quote:

Sounds good.

Quote:
Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.
Now lets all try getting along here......

If someone doesnt agree with someone's opinion...no biggie debate it ....but dont resort to insults.
Or infractions will be acessed.

11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick View Post
Now lets all try getting along here......

If someone doesnt agree with someone's opinion...no biggie debate it ....but dont resort to insults.
Or infractions will be acessed.
sorry DaMick and Sid, my fault entirely, i did not intend to insult. im just very passionate about this team, I appologize Sid. As I said your posts are too insightful for you not to have considered this., take all the separate facts together

Gordons sudden firing
point blank going down with no notice
the siege mentality of the franchise

can there be any doubt at all that one man and one man alone can be behind this ?

especially after Sanjay Kumar was offered as a scapegoat amid the same type of scenario years before?

Old
11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
sorry DaMick and Sid, my fault entirely, i did not intend to insult. im just very passionate about this team, I appologize Sid. As I said your posts are too insightful for you not to have considered this., take all the separate facts together?
Its ok...as you see..i only gave you a "warning"

I kinda enjoy the give & take debate wise...but within reason.

We have already lost a few posters...but we still have a strong base still...and I aim to keep it that way.

I know its quite the tumultuous time on this board (and as an Isles fan) and theres certainly no need to turn on each other here.

DaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie21 View Post
"The media is soft because sports is a small world. Nobody wants to get on Any ones bad side n hurt future job opportunities. I'm not trying to get hired so I'll spit the truth right here. Isles 1st rounders are likely picked by Wang, Gordon likely fired due to wang watching dipietro sit, snows biggest problem is he is smug, rude, dishonest...he is trying to sell tickets to the people stupid enough to buy his lies. Half the fans don't follow closely enough to he is talking bs most of the time. All mandated from Wang of course."

This is why the interview would have been much better if hosted by Mad Dog, remember the Milbury interview on WFAN back in 03 after firing Laviolette?

Francesa opened the interview with the essential question: "Why the change?"
Milbury listed reasons, including what had become his mantra - the line of communication between Laviolette and the players had "snapped."
Enter Russo, who, in a disgusted tone, asked: "Mike, how are you still the GM?"
Milbury stammered. Russo pounced.
"Let's be fair. You have not done a good job here. You continue to hire and fire coaches. Your drafting is pathetic. You have not done a good job with your players . . . ."
That was a great interview by Mad Dog. He used to destroy guests on the air. THAT'S what Snow needed by Lagreca and EJ.

Lagreca is a pompous tool that looks really foolish here. So, it's better to have a fluff piece because they're the only people talking to Garth? That's the same as NO interview.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick View Post
Its ok...as you see..i only gave you a "warning"

I kinda enjoy the give & take debate wise...but within reason.

We have already lost a few posters...but we still have a strong base still...and I aim to keep it that way.

I know its quite the tumultuous time on this board (and as an Isles fan) and theres certainly no need to turn on each other here.
definitely not, and Sid is and has been very intelligent as a poster, its the Brooklyn in me that makes me type as I speak......