HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Rinne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
  #1
zolar89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Rinne

I am a big Rinne fan! I know that Predators are missing a few people but is Rinne turning into the next Chris Mason(Does good for a year or 2 then suck after)? I know its still early in the season. Lindback is doing better why keep putting Rinne in?

zolar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
  #2
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
rinne doesn't have his confidence right now. and by confidence, i mean his confidence wears number 20 is on ir. lindback doesn't know better and isnt thinking where i think pekka is overthinking everything and fighting the puck

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:33 AM
  #3
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolar89 View Post
I am a big Rinne fan! I know that Predators are missing a few people but is Rinne turning into the next Chris Mason(Does good for a year or 2 then suck after)? I know its still early in the season. Lindback is doing better why keep putting Rinne in?
As a former goalie, I can tell you some nights the puck hits you, and some nights it doesn't. Goalie is IMO the hardest position to be consistent at. Rinne will be back, he's just had a few rough outings.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:12 AM
  #4
trevorbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Man, the internet sure does turn on players fast. 2 bad starts, that's it. Might want to look at how terrible the team is playing in front of him before we start blaming goalies. Franson and O'Brien looked like crap last night. O'Brien has been good basically every game, though.

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:25 AM
  #5
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
i think rinne needs one of two things.

either 1) suter healthy
or 2) his next start one of those 50 shot barrages that gets him back in the groove

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:05 PM
  #6
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
this thread is classic troll bait.

Peks will be fine, everyone's playing a bit 'off' right now.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
  #7
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbird View Post
Man, the internet sure does turn on players fast. 2 bad starts, that's it.
I'm not going to rail on Rinne yet, I feel just as confident in him as I do with Lindback so far. But it's not just 2 bad starts, I really don't think he's looked sharp yet this season. Could be the injury, or he's not comfortable with the pressure yet, but Pekka can definitely play a lot better than he's shown so far. He's not reacting as fast so far, and he's rarely covering the post.

Having said that, it would certainly be more of an issue if the Preds were losing by 1 every night and it was on mental errors from Rinne. But when we're losing games in this craptacular fashion it's a whole lot more than just the goalie being a bit off.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
  #8
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'm not going to rail on Rinne yet, I feel just as confident in him as I do with Lindback so far. But it's not just 2 bad starts, I really don't think he's looked sharp yet this season. Could be the injury, or he's not comfortable with the pressure yet, but Pekka can definitely play a lot better than he's shown so far. He's not reacting as fast so far, and he's rarely covering the post.

Having said that, it would certainly be more of an issue if the Preds were losing by 1 every night and it was on mental errors from Rinne. But when we're losing games in this craptacular fashion it's a whole lot more than just the goalie being a bit off.
Suter can't get back soon enough ... pretty much closes the book who's the more important player on the back debate

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
  #9
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Suter can't get back soon enough ... pretty much closes the book who's the more important player on the back debate
I don't know that is closes the book but it sure makes everyone appreciate Suter that much more. I think there are 5 players this team can't afford to lose for extended periods of time. Suter, Weber, Legwand, Rinne and Hornqvist.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
  #10
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
He needs Suter back and goal support. Plus, the idea of giving Rinne 65 starts is a bad one. 50 starts is the sweet spot for him, no more.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
  #11
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,510
vCash: 500
One player a team does not make. Yes, missing Suter is hurting our team overall. But to say Rinne's problems rest solely on Suter absence is silly. Rinne is missing Rinne the most. He just doesn't look the same right now. He could still be rattled by his injury, or could just be a run-of-the-mill slump. I have no doubt in my mind he'll bounce back, though.

But Rinne isn't the biggest problem right now. The rest of the team needs to wake up. Plus, we can't win many games by scoring 1 goal.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
  #12
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 500
When goaltending breaks down the flow of the team breaks down, messing up everything, defense, offense, neutral zone play, everything....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:21 PM
  #13
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
was always a big fan of Rinne, i expect a big run from him soon

__________________
1990-91 Champions
1991-92 Champions
2008-09 Champions
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
  #14
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
He looks healthy again, seems his quickness is there. I think he's playing fairly sharp this game against Toronto. First period almost over.

Oops, score, lol. I meant to knock on wood.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
  #15
MattPreds37
Registered User
 
MattPreds37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Goodlettsville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
He looks healthy again, seems his quickness is there. I think he's playing fairly sharp this game against Toronto. First period almost over.

Oops, score, lol. I meant to knock on wood.
You shouldve knocked a little harder.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
  #16
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
We could've had Khabibulin at his best between those pipes, and still let in four goals tonight.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
  #17
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Too bad this organization isn't known for drafting outstanding, young defensemen.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:17 PM
  #18
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Too bad this organization isn't known for drafting outstanding, young defensemen.
or signing hard working journeyman who work hard and don't take lazy penalties

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.