HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Calm down (criticism/rants/discussion)

Old
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Calm down (criticism/rants/discussion)

Seriously.

We are the youngest team in the league.

Doughty is only 20

Doughty had a concussion

Johnson is only 23

All of you were sucking Johnson's **** less than a month ago

Kopitar is only 23

Kopitar is not Crosby

Kopitar has 21 points in 23 with a revolving door of wingers

We are missing 3 guys that were starting or supposed to start the season on the roster

Quick is still playing great

We weren't going to go 78-3

We are 3 points out of 2nd in the Conference

Am I happy with losing 7 in the last 8? No. But holy **** you guys have gotten negative fast. Less than a month ago some of you guys were flaming people for saying anything negative. Anything negative at all. Did anyone of you think we were going to stay 1st forever? Did anyone thing Smyth-Stoll-Williams would keep their pace up all season? Some of you are complaining about Handzus being slow...

HANDZUS
BEING
SLOW

Handzus has always been ****ing slow. I saw two posts in the PGT (which I didn't read all of) that nailed Handzus' deal this year, but some of you guys are outrageous. You're talking about trading Johnson already. You're talking about blowing up the team. You're talking about firing Murray and Lombardi (not that that hasn't been happening for years). You're talking about how Kopitar has been invisible, despite him playing exactly how he has played his entire career.

Have we been playing well? No. Have we been winning games? No. Have we been at the top of our game recently? Nowhere ****ing close.

Did we play well against the Ducks? **** YES. Can we still bounce back from this? **** YES. Have we been a horrible team before? **** YES. Are we a horrible team this year? **** NO.

Are we going to lose games in the future? Yes. Are we going to improve our play in the future? Yes. Are we going to go through a losing streak again? Yes. Are we going to go through a winning streak and have most of you are flying in the god damn clouds again? Yes. Are you all going to hang yourselves when we go on another losing streak? Maybe.

Keep some ****ing perspective.

That is all.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Brophy

being negative is fun though.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:16 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Seriously.

We are the youngest team in the league.

Doughty is only 20

Doughty had a concussion

Johnson is only 23

All of you were sucking Johnson's **** less than a month ago

Kopitar is only 23

Kopitar is not Crosby

Kopitar has 21 points in 23 with a revolving door of wingers

We are missing 3 guys that were starting or supposed to start the season on the roster

We are 3 points out of 2nd in the Conference

Am I happy with losing 7 in the last 8? No. But holy **** you guys have gotten negative fast. Less than a month ago some of you guys were flaming people for saying anything negative. Anything negative at all. Did anyone of you think we were going to stay 1st forever? Did anyone thing Smyth-Stoll-Williams would keep their pace up all season? Some of you are complaining about Handzus being slow...

HANDZUS
BEING
SLOW

Handzus has always been ****ing slow. I saw two posts in the PGT (which I didn't read all of) that nailed Handzus' deal this year, but some of you guys are outrageous. You're talking about trading Johnson already. You're talking about blowing up the team. You're talking about firing Murray and Lombardi (not that that hasn't been happening for years). You're talking about how Kopitar has been invisible, despite him playing exactly how he has played his entire career.

Have we been playing well? No. Have we been winning games? No. Have we been at the top of our game recently? Nowhere ****ing close.

Did we play well against the Ducks? **** YES. Can we still bounce back from this? **** YES. Have we been a horrible team before? **** YES. Are we a horrible team this year? **** NO.

Are we going to lose games in the future? Yes. Are we going to improve our play in the future? Yes. Are we going to go through a losing streak again? Yes. Are we going to go through a winning streak and have most of you are flying in the god damn clouds again? Yes. Are you all going to hang yourselves when we go on another losing streak? Maybe.

Keep some ****ing perspective.

That is all.
To be fair the Maple Leafs are the youngest team in the NHL. The Kings are second.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Johnny Utah

I'll calm down when we get a left winger.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Kurplunk

Doughty and Johnson are killer, no loss of respect due to age there.
Kopitar is a bonus too.

Kurplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
To be fair the Maple Leafs are the youngest team in the NHL. The Kings are second.
It changes a lot.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Are we going to lose games in the future? Yes. Are we going to improve our play in the future? Yes. Are we going to go through a losing streak again? Yes. Are we going to go through a winning streak and have most of you are flying in the god damn clouds again? Yes. Are you all going to hang yourselves when we go on another losing streak? hopefully.
only one thing wrong with your post

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Seriously.

I know, I know.... 78-4?

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Good Post, especially about the part where people were flamming other posters about being Negative . . . now all of a sudden it's OKAY to be negative.

Puts things into perspective regarding some of the company we have on this board

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:01 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

For me, it's not losing 7 of 8, it's the fact that we stopped competing or giving a s***. If this team was skating hard and playing as one like they started the season, but were just losing the games, that would be one thing. Where is this team's heart? I think they lost it on that long road trip.

Also, only scoring 5 goals in the last 5 games, or whatever it is, is kind of concerning.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
For me, it's not losing 7 of 8, it's the fact that we stopped competing or giving a s***. If this team was skating hard and playing as one like they started the season, but were just losing the games, that would be one thing. Where is this team's heart? I think they lost it on that long road trip.

Also, only scoring 5 goals in the last 5 games, or whatever it is, is kind of concerning.
Other than Montreal, I haven't seen the team quit in a game. They have been in every other game except the San Jose game.

When Mitchell and Poni get back, the Kings will start winning again.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post

I haven't seen them quit any game, The Habs game was lackluster they bought into the Refs BS. But outright quit? Nah.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
timmeh

I think it's amazing how you managed to do a negative post about how everyone else is negative...

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:21 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
I think it's amazing how you managed to do a negative post about how everyone else is negative...
haha I seriously just spit milk everywhere

Old
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
But, they used logic. The knee jerk reaction posters don't.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Just a reminder folks... modifying quotes in any way is against the site rules. This includes FTFY posts where you have modified the original quote.

"Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth."

Gracias.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
But, they used logic. The knee jerk reaction posters don't.
There's nothing knee jerk about losing 7 of 8 games, that's several weeks of losing.

riznat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
There's nothing knee jerk about losing 7 of 8 games, that's several weeks of losing.
Exactly.

We are now at a crossroads.

Stop the bleeding on Thursday and right the ship over the next week and then it was just a bad slump. We can move on and forget about it.

If it continues for another 2 or 3 games then it is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed.

There HAS to be a cutoff point where its not just a slump people should relax about a wait to pass. I think we are right up against that cutoff point.

One of the hallmarks of good coaching and management is to recognize where that cutoff is. If Dean and Terry don't think we've hit it quite yet, then fine. I can wait a little bit longer for the team to figure itself out. But how long is it ok to wait? At what point are you not panicking in a knee jerk fashion by freaking out about a tailspin? 2 more games? 10? 20?

Lets here is those of you saying some us are being reactionary and indignant and ignorant and impatient. When is your cutoff point? We ALL have one.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:46 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Exactly.

We are now at a crossroads.

Stop the bleeding on Thursday and right the ship over the next week and then it was just a bad slump. We can move on and forget about it.

If it continues for another 2 or 3 games then it is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed.

There HAS to be a cutoff point where its not just a slump people should relax about a wait to pass. I think we are right up against that cutoff point.

One of the hallmarks of good coaching and management is to recognize where that cutoff is. If Dean and Terry don't think we've hit it quite yet, then fine. I can wait a little bit longer for the team to figure itself out. But how long is it ok to wait? At what point are you not panicking in a knee jerk fashion by freaking out about a tailspin? 2 more games? 10? 20?

Lets here is those of you saying some us are being reactionary and indignant and ignorant and impatient. When is your cutoff point? We ALL have one.
Mine would be around another 5 straight losses(That would be Nine in a row). Then I would start to worry that the players think it's never going to end.

But it's not like the Kings are getting blown out or dominated (like the NYI were). It's a combination of mistakes and bad bounces ETC.

You can yell and scream all day, Dean and Terry can't hear you. The best thing people could do I guess is stop going to games to protest. In the End getting angry does nothing. As A fan you can't change the team or management.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Saying to trade Johnson and Doughty. Yes. Those are knee jerk reactions. As well as, fire Dean and Terry Murray. It's also stupidity.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Mine would be around another 5 straight losses. Then I would start to worry that now the players think it's never going to end.
9 losses in a row and 12 in 13.

Fair enough. I'm a patient man... but not quite that patient. That's a downward spiral of Islander proportions... the kind that you might not be able to come back from.

edit: lol as I'm saying its like to Islanders you are editing your post to say its not like the Islanders. LOL.

And though we are not getting blown out... MUCH of that is to do with Johnny Q. Offensively we have been outright neutered in many games. Only in a few was it a case of not getting bounces. Most games we haven't even created the chances in the first place. If you lose 2-1 because you couldn't create any offense and your goalie bailed your team out all night, that is still basically getting dominated.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:52 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

Just a reminder folks... modifying quotes in any way is against the site rules. This includes FTFY posts where you have modified the original quote.

"Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth."

Gracias.
First thought was "How can I do a FTFY with that post", I constantly have to fight the troll in me.

Great topic, +1, , A++++++ would read again and all of that. People definitely need to calm down. On the other hand, can't blindly support the team's decisions or lack thereof.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
9 losses in a row and 12 in 13.

Fair enough. I'm a patient man... but not quite that patient. That's a downward spiral of Islander proportions... the kind that you might not be able to come back from.

edit: lol as I'm saying its like to Islanders you are editing your post to say its not like the Islanders. LOL.

And though we are not getting blown out... MUCH of that is to do with Johnny Q. Offensively we have been outright neutered in many games. Only in a few was it a case of not getting bounces. Most games we haven't even created the chances in the first place. If you lose 2-1 because you couldn't create any offense and your goalie bailed your team out all night, that is still basically getting dominated.
I just don't agree with that, The Kings are playing well enough to win. A few bounces and we are not even having this discussion.

And what exactly can you do if it comes to that. You going to trade for LW (Dean let me borrow your cell phone). At best you can stop supporting the Kings with your money..

Old
11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I just don't agree with that, The Kings are playing well enough to win. A few bounces and we are not even having this discussion.

And what exactly can you do if it comes to that. You going to trade for LW (Dean let me borrow your cell phone). At best you can stop supporting the Kings with your money..
I believe that you create ur own luck/ bounces. Pure luck of the bounce accounts for a very small percent.

And I will never stop supporting the team. If it comes to that I will hem and haw. Your second to last sentence is a bit absurd to me.

Also... I am not saying the Kings have played like complete crap. I have often said we have played well defensively and in the neutral zone. Offensively is another story. We have had a few good chances and haven't gotten bounces, but this is what I mean about creating your own luck.

The odds are with you that if you continue to create chances, one will go in. The more chances = the better the odds of getting a bounce. Hence you create your own luck. We have been getting chances, but not nearly enough to turn the tides of fate in our favor.

Just look at the lineup card I've been keeping. I consider the way the lines and pairings played each game, noting changes in the lineup, and give a grade for the overall performance. Since the San Jose game, which I gave a D, I have only given one other grade below a B-, the Montreal game which I gave an F.

http://lakingsnews.com/lineup-card-2/

I'm not panicking. I'm pissed off.

Last edited by JDM: 11-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.