HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pointblank Closed today at 4

Old
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
the sweetener

vCash: 500
Pointblank Closed today at 4

From Botta -
Due to circumstances beyond my control, Point Blank will be closed indefinitely starting today at 4:00 pm.

Anyone have any info on this?

the sweetener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:08 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I bet Garth has something to do with this. He probably told some higher authority that Botta has no business with that website and he's forced to close it down.

Jesus what did Botta ever do to you Garth? He's been giving him crap for at least a year now.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Isles Shawn

Wangs gag order...

Speak the truth and be gagged. I've been banned from the Isles FB page from speaking the truth...

Haven't bought a ticket this year to a game yet and don't plan on. At least when I watch it on tv I can change the channel.

This team makes me angry.

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Botta taking over as new Head Coach???

7:11 of OT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
hgo

This sounds of Charles Wang exerting his influence and shutting down a voice of reason.

Botta was doing a service to NYI fans. He certainly didn't need the blog, he kept it mostly because of fan support for it. The fans are, once again, the ones who get screwed.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle S View Post
Wangs gag order...

Speak the truth and be gagged. I've been banned from the Isles FB page from speaking the truth...

Haven't bought a ticket this year to a game yet and don't plan on. At least when I watch it on tv I can change the channel.

This team makes me angry.
Did you really get banned from the FB page? What did you say?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Strome18

This sounds like the Chinese government telling the rest of the world to follow our orders.
Wang must be following that lead...what does anyone think?

Is there a new school teaching their new system? I need a new class to take for my electives.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:26 PM
hgo

Guys, be careful, HF could be next.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
zaius

what the...

there are zero legitimate news sources for the Islanders if PB shuts down. (ok lighthouse hockey from Y! is one.)

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
tool123

Snow and Wang ordered to shut down website till isles win a game! Im gonna miss you CB!!!

tool123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:32 PM
islandermike

I doubt this has anything to do with Snow or Wang, how do they have any influence over SNY which was funding point blank? They can ban Botta from their own Islander related functions but i don't see how that can influence his blog. It's like us being banned from HFboards for stating the team sucks, this probably has something to do with money like everything else.

islandermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Satan'sIsland81

There is no doubt in my mind that the Islanders (Garth Snow and Charles Wang) are behind this. What is the coincidence that something would be going on behind the scenes with Point Blank the day after Gordon is fired and after two TRUTHFUL articles by Botta about the (crappy) state of this franchise.

Ill tell u what, if it ever comes out that the Isles are trying to censor Botta for speaking negatively about what is a disgraceful and disgustingly run organization, I am through with this team as a fan until both of those clowns are gone. I am already not going to any more games, but I will not watch them, I will not even take calls from their pathetic ticket reps, done, period.

Guess we can all look forward to Strang and her no new-news stories indefinitely, as she continues to serve in her role as Islanders PR director, ooops, I mean beat writer.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Strome18

Ah the life of an islander fan...priceless!!!

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Sammy2010*

How can Wang close down a website he does not own?

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Isles Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Did you really get banned from the FB page? What did you say?
- Wang is cheap and cares about nothing but real estate

- Wang is sucking the team dry

- Asked if there was any interest in picketing outside NVMC saying Wang Must Go.

Nothing but how we all feel here. I was told that I was organizing a 'rally' and my comments were inappropiate.

Old
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Bones45

Botta was taggin' Wangs wife.

THAT would be the reason.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle S View Post
- Wang is cheap and cares about nothing but real estate

- Wang is sucking the team dry

- Asked if there was any interest in picketing outside NVMC saying Wang Must Go.

Nothing but how we all feel here. I was told that I was organizing a 'rally' and my comments were inappropiate.
Do you think that Wang filed or threaten to file some kind of lawsuit against Botta?

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
section207

Did a quick WHOIS check. The domain is managed by http://www.generationsbeyond.com/.

They list a few Islander projects, so I presume they are managing domains for the Islanders.

He who owns the domain, can shut down the site.

It's easy enough to move sites, but when does Botta get tired of it all. Media is an access game and the Isles continuously make it difficult for him to get access.

Let's face it folks. Wang will continue to make moves that pisses everyone off all the way up to and including when the moving trucks are in front of the Coliseum headed for KC.

I've never been so disappointed in this team. What's next? Are they going to kill off Sparky?

section207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Isles Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Do you think that Wang filed or threaten to file some kind of lawsuit against Botta?
I'm not sure of the details but I would not be surprised to hear that the Isles management are behind this. Botta talks about how Snow will not interview with him, then posts a few truthful articles about the status of the rebuild. Now magically he says IPB is shutdown until further notice? Something stinks here!

Old
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
islandermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that the Islanders (Garth Snow and Charles Wang) are behind this. What is the coincidence that something would be going on behind the scenes with Point Blank the day after Gordon is fired and after two TRUTHFUL articles by Botta about the (crappy) state of this franchise.

Ill tell u what, if it ever comes out that the Isles are trying to censor Botta for speaking negatively about what is a disgraceful and disgustingly run organization, I am through with this team as a fan until both of those clowns are gone. I am already not going to any more games, but I will not watch them, I will not even take calls from their pathetic ticket reps, done, period.

Guess we can all look forward to Strang and her no new-news stories indefinitely, as she continues to serve in her role as Islanders PR director, ooops, I mean beat writer.
Strang is awful in her coverage, i know she is young reporter but she has no idea about the sport she is covering and has no idea the apathy the fan base has for this team. If Botta is out we are down to Strang and the 7th woman and her fluff pieces on baking for the players and how much she loves Rob Schremp and his "awesome" skills. I sometimes feel that since Wang grew up or at least has a background in a communist regime and he is starting to run Islanders like a communist regime with the prevention of leaks, prevention of opinions from reporters etc. He ran CA the same way, Gordon did not play DP enough so off with his head

Old
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
I admit the timing is odd, what with the venom that CB has been unleashing on the Isles (all deserved I might add), but until CB fills in the blanks, it's going to be hilarious to watch the conspiracy theories that fill the vacuum!

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Isles Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermike View Post
Strang is awful in her coverage, i know she is young reporter but she has no idea about the sport she is covering and has no idea the apathy the fan base has for this team. If Botta is out we are down to Strang and the 7th woman and her fluff pieces on baking for the players and how much she loves Rob Schremp and his "awesome" skills. I sometimes feel that since Wang grew up or at least has a background in a communist regime and he is starting to run Islanders like a communist regime with the prevention of leaks, prevention of opinions from reporters etc. He ran CA the same way, Gordon did not play DP enough so off with his head
Thank you for the idea on a sign.

Wang = Communist.

Think I'd get kicked out of the NVMC?

Old
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
islandermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by section207 View Post
Did a quick WHOIS check. The domain is managed by http://www.generationsbeyond.com/.

They list a few Islander projects, so I presume they are managing domains for the Islanders.

He who owns the domain, can shut down the site.

It's easy enough to move sites, but when does Botta get tired of it all. Media is an access game and the Isles continuously make it difficult for him to get access.

Let's face it folks. Wang will continue to make moves that pisses everyone off all the way up to and including when the moving trucks are in front of the Coliseum headed for KC.

I've never been so disappointed in this team. What's next? Are they going to kill off Sparky?
Maybe it is not such a coincidence that Botta is being silenced, i am guess Isles paid this company a whole lot more to do the fan appreciation video than they make on point blank.

Old
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
section207

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermike View Post
Maybe it is not such a coincidence that Botta is being silenced, i am guess Isles paid this company a whole lot more to do the fan appreciation video than they make on point blank.
Number 1 under recently satisfied customers....

New York Islanders, New York Dragons.

section207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Bones45

I heard KC has some killer BBQ

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote