HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pointblank Closed today at 4

Old
11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
periferal

vCash: 500
www.WangMustGo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I second that. It's easier for me since I'm now in another city that has hockey and can get tickets for dirt cheap. Rarely have I ever considered abandoning the Isles though. I'm slowly getting there though.

Obviously, I'm too far away and broke, but, have any of you guys considered organizing a rally or protest near or around the Coliseum? I don't know what the message would be...but I think to summarize...to stop the circus surrounding the organization and to stop treating their fans like garbage. It's just a thought...maybe organize in a spot where you know the players and staff will drive past on their way to the Coliseum or something?

Alot of us are strewn throughout North America...but we've got to send a message cuz this is just too much.

We don't need a rally as much as we need a website. www.WangMustGo.com would suffice. We could have his *resume* of horrid moves since taking over. We could have a forum. Free discussion boards. And also an area on the site where we suggest new owners and even contact information to them to encourage our fans to contact them. After all Wang was talked into buying the team. Perhaps Mikhail Prokhorov would consider us his charity case with the 16 billion he has.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:07 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
lol you have to be ****ing kidding me. If Wang had anything at all to do with this IPB would cease to exist. There would be no way to connect to the site anymore if this was Wang. Can we stop with this blame Wang for everything ********? Its getting really ****ing old really ****ing fast.
HAHA you got to be kidding me, still after all this crap your still sucking wangs wang....the guy is an egotistical a-hole and is ruining our favorite franchise....wake the **** up and realize it

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
ruckus*

Honest question from an outsider who doesn't follow the organization enough to know the situation or fan's opinions.

All of us in Rangerland despise Dolan.

But how much does this Lighthouse/new arena deal affect all of this?

Do you guys think the Isles would be legitimate if Wang had his new place, or is he just incompetent?

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
Yeah, you're right. It couldn't be Wang. No chance.

Get a clue, bro. Every time there is smoke with this franchise, there's a ****ing dumpster fire. EVERY TIME. But keep defending him, it's cool. Enjoy your 17.88 tickets and your 1.78 value.
Ok I lurked here for a while and have seen you post a ton and totally respect your opinion. But here's the thing Wang has no say in anything Botta puts up on IPB. He severed all ties to IPB when the Isles no longer sponsored the blog. SNY now has all control basically over what gets posted to the site and has control in whether it gets shut down or not.

And plus all he did was ****ing close the comments section and said it himself that he will be back. He just doesn't know when. He probably just needed a break with all the ******** that has been going on with the organization.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post

I talked to some people that would know about this stuff and the consensus among them makes me 99% sure the Isles higher ups are behind this and for the 1st time in my 16 years of living, I wish with all my heart that I wasn't an Islanders fan...I love the islanders probably more than anything other than god and my family and they have been THE biggest influence of my life, i mean hell I'm looking at colleges now and a major concern is I wanna be able to get to LI quick enough to be able to get to any really big games and you know right now, I don't know...I kinda wish that they weren't in my life at all.
I think that should be on a sign at the next Isles game, perhaps a rally cry.
I couldn't have put it better than that.

Quote:
I tried to think this through and tried to think of any reasons why this WOULDN'T be due to maybe legal pressure from Snow and Wang...but with the way Chris worded it...it's hard not to think the organization stepped in. Chris has been very upfront with us about the goings-on with the site...the fact that he uses the terms "indefinitely", "unexpectedly" and "shut down"...usually means it's something with a legal aspect.

I first thought that maybe SNY was going to overhaul the design of the site and they told Chris that they didn't know how long it'd take (hence the indefinitely part)...and perhaps Chris wanted it to be a surprise for his IPB visitors. I think that would be the only logical possibility...however, Chris hints that this is an unexpected shut down...I think he would've known well in advance that work was going to be done on the site.

Or, perhaps, it's a personal matter with Chris and his family that is causing him to step away. I guess that would also be possible
If it was personal, I think Chris would've stated that. Something like, "Family issues" or "Health of a loved is taking precedent right now..." and we'd all understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Honest question from an outsider who doesn't follow the organization enough to know the situation or fan's opinions.

Do you guys think the Isles would be legitimate if Wang had his new place, or is he just incompetent?
It has everything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Let the Islanders continue to destroy themselves. They really think they have a right to continuously piss us off? I will *never* step foot inside that disgusting, rat infested pee hole as long as ********* Wang is in control. I cannot believe this team went as far as to shut down a website where 99.9% of the fanbase goes to for info for this team.
I agree 100% and my Isles fan-hood is waning. BUT...lets wait to see if Wang is behind this.

Quote:
I second that. It's easier for me since I'm now in another city that has hockey and can get tickets for dirt cheap. Rarely have I ever considered abandoning the Isles though. I'm slowly getting there though.
I'm in Clayton. Perhaps we could help each other convert to being 'Canes fans

(For those on Long Is. and elsewhere. Clayton is about 12 miles SE of Raleigh, and about 20 miles from where the 'Canes play. Even though its only 20 miles away, I can be there in 30 minutes. I'm from Bethpage, so...it took me 45 minutes to get to an Isles game...)

Last edited by Mr Wentworth: 11-16-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:12 PM
periferal

Quote:

Really?
  • He admitted to reading "Hockey for Dummies" after buying the team
  • He thought that sumo wrestlers could play goalie
  • He gave a 10 year deal to Yashin
  • After that didn't work, he gave a 15 year deal to DiPietro
  • He hired Neil Smith...Then fired him weeks later...
  • ...Only to replace him with a backup goaltender
  • He replaced Billy Jaffe with Butch Goring
  • Radio coverage was ended...
  • ...Only to be replaced by a college radio station

Still think a new arena/revenue stream is going to make Wang smart?

Old
11-16-2010, 07:13 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

This organization is pathetic, I really feel bad for the few good players that play on this team. The only way this team will ever change is if we get a real owner, that wont happen. The more you look at this team you realize it is really run like a communist state, the league needs to step in and remove Wang before its to late and the isles lose all of their fans. If some of us on here are questioning their allegiance to the team, who is going to be left? We are some of the most dedicated Islander fans, and a lot of us (including myself) won't be spending a single dime on tickets the rest of this season. F&#k Wang he needs to go.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:15 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Really?

And he actually tried to build a giant ****ing lighthouse smack dab in the middle of the island.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Darth Bangkok

Quote:

I don't know. I think he still wouldn't care too much. Things would probably improve but I don't know how much. Remember, part of the disney in hempstead project is not a new arena but a renovated arena. So its the cheap way out too.

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Really?

As I said....I'm an outsider.

I have no knowledge of your sumo wrestler comment.

I don't know the infrastructure of the organization so to me Yashin/DP are Gm moves. Obviously owners sign off but I was unaware if they were Kovalchuk type moves where it was clear the owner said do it.

Jaffe is good I'll give you that. Never thought he was biased either.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
lol you have to be ****ing kidding me. If Wang had anything at all to do with this IPB would cease to exist. There would be no way to connect to the site anymore if this was Wang. Can we stop with this blame Wang for everything ********? Its getting really ****ing old really ****ing fast.
Wang, is that you? Blaming Wang is getting old? Who the **** do you think has this **** team mired in the ****ing abyss? Sure wasnt Scott Gordon. You know what, you are right maybe its Sanjay Kumar. You know the guy Wang threw under the bs to save his own ass. Not saying it is Wang, but to dismiss it is very naive.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Another thing, I used to support Wang with his lighthouse, and I viewed Kate Murray as a devil. At this point in time i realize that this is all wangs fault, he could have had his lighthouse with 20% of the lighthouse features, but no he won't accept that. This clown needs to go for a long walk off a short cliff. If they do move I place 100% of the blame on Wang.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4morecups View Post
This organization is pathetic, I really feel bad for the few good players that play on this team. The only way this team will ever change is if we get a real owner, that wont happen. The more you look at this team you realize it is really run like a communist state, the league needs to step in and remove Wang before its to late and the isles lose all of their fans. If some of us on here are questioning their allegiance to the team, who is going to be left? We are some of the most dedicated Islander fans, and a lot of us (including myself) won't be spending a single dime on tickets the rest of this season. F&#k Wang he needs to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
I don't know. I think he still wouldn't care too much. Things would probably improve but I don't know how much. Remember, part of the disney in hempstead project is not a new arena but a renovated arena. So its the cheap way out too.

See I honestly don't see much difference between Wang and Dolan.

I think the biggest difference might be that Dolan also has the Knicks and other ventures to distract him.

I think we can all agree how idiotic Dolan is. Sather, for all his trouble, seems to be changing things and has the green light to do things.

As I said, I don't follow the Islanders intently so it's hard to tell from outside. I know Snow is not a favorite but if everything about Wang is true his hands are obviously tied.

My question was more about the possibility of this new venue creating revenue and Wang allowing spending and maybe bringing in a GM who was competent enough to make moves with some money.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
See I honestly don't see much difference between Wang and Dolan.

I think the biggest difference might be that Dolan also has the Knicks and other ventures to distract him.

I think we can all agree how idiotic Dolan is. Sather, for all his trouble, seems to be changing things and has the green light to do things.

As I said, I don't follow the Islanders intently so it's hard to tell from outside. I know Snow is not a favorite but if everything about Wang is true his hands are obviously tied.

My question was more about the possibility of this new venue creating revenue and Wang allowing spending and maybe bringing in a GM who was competent enough to make moves with some money.
The difference between Wang and Dolan is that Dolan is a dick, where as Wang is bat **** crazy.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Wang, is that you? Blaming Wang is getting old? Who the **** do you think has this **** team mired in the ****ing abyss? Sure wasnt Scott Gordon. You know what, you are right maybe its Sanjay Kumar. You know the guy Wang threw under the bs to save his own ass. Not saying it is Wang, but to dismiss it is very naive.
Actually to believe Wang is behind this at all is not very smart. Since there is no evidence to believe he is behind this. Its just a moronic conspiracy theory that was thought up on the joke of a message board that is *************.

And my last point in that post was more towards the people that just blindly blame Wang without thinking. Yeah he has gotten this franchise into this horrible mess but to blame him for this is ****ing stupid.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:27 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
The difference between Wang and Dolan is that Dolan is a dick, where as Wang is bat **** crazy.

....and one of them actually spends money on the team.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Mikey Radz

office_space_kit_mat.jpg
Some of these posters are off their birds with these ridiculous posts. People need to stop getting their panties in a bunch and relax.

Mikey Radz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Dan-o16

Wow...

What do we know? Wang is an awful owner, and Botta is a drama queen. What does one have to do with the other.

Seriously, Isles fans are like traumatized Pakastanis who see the Mossad behind everything.

Maybe the Islander's irrelevance caused SNY to pull the plug on the sponsorship. The simpler explanation is more likely correct...

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
Yeah, you're right. It couldn't be Wang. No chance.

Get a clue, bro. Every time there is smoke with this franchise, there's a ****ing dumpster fire. EVERY TIME. But keep defending him, it's cool. Enjoy your 17.88 tickets and your 1.78 value.
very well put.

this team is a complete disaster. I've been a fan since I started watching the game but this is now reached a point of utter shame and disgust to how this organization is run - in every way.

For the first time ever, I question whether this team is worth supporting in any way.

There's nothing I believe anymore when it comes to the regime.

This is just another in a line of North Korea/China tactics to control the message (maybe an extreme analogy but deadly accurate as well) - completely absurd on every level and complete contrast to everything I believe, in and out of sports.

It's beyond pathetic and if I'm Bettman, I try to get this owner out of hockey as fast as possible.

It's not about the arena or real-estate deals. This guy alienates the fan base and creates enemies in the hockey world when he's not a complete buffoon and laughing stock.

How very very sad.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Actually to believe Wang is behind this at all is not very smart. Since there is no evidence to believe he is behind this. Its just a moronic conspiracy theory that was thought up on the joke of a message board that is *************.

And my last point in that post was more towards the people that just blindly blame Wang without thinking. Yeah he has gotten this franchise into this horrible mess but to blame him for this is ****ing stupid.
I sure hope you are right about it not being Wang. But, look at the timing? Is it a coincidence? Possibly. Could it be Wang? Possibly. I am not saying it is, but it sure could be. if you think otherwise, thats your opinion. And I respect it. I am not into conspiracy theories, but this sounds so like Wang. It just doesnt make sense. Botta all of a sudden gets a SNY backing, has all this new video done for IPB, and then a day after ripping the isles a new one he gets shut down? Very fishy.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:56 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
I sure hope you are right about it not being Wang. But, look at the timing? Is it a coincidence? Possibly. Could it be Wang? Possibly. I am not saying it is, but it sure could be. if you think otherwise, thats your opinion. And I respect it. I am not into conspiracy theories, but this sounds so like Wang. It just doesnt make sense. Botta all of a sudden gets a SNY backing, has all this new video done for IPB, and then a day after ripping the isles a new one he gets shut down? Very fishy.
Here is the thing though Wang has no power at all to shut down IPB. That is what most everybody here and on the other site do not seem to be understanding. Since the Isles stopped sponsoring IPB they have had no control over what got posted. I know its weird timing but there is almost no chance that Wang has anything to do with this.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Darth Bangkok

But its not shutdown. Its still there. Botta is just not posting anymore and he's deleting some of the things he wrote/comments. Must be pressure from somewhere. He's been doing radio interviews since Sunday too. someone doesn't like what he's doing.

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:01 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Here is the thing though Wang has no power at all to shut down IPB. That is what most everybody here and on the other site do not seem to be understanding. Since the Isles stopped sponsoring IPB they have had no control over what got posted. I know its weird timing but there is almost no chance that Wang has anything to do with this.
All it probably takes is a phone call to his "buddy" Wilpon and SNY who sponsor the blog, no? That's how I was thinking about it.

Old
11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
But its not shutdown. Its still there. Botta is just not posting anymore and he's deleting some of the things he wrote/comments. Must be pressure from somewhere. He's been doing radio interviews since Sunday too. someone doesn't like what he's doing.
yeah, shutdown was the wrong word. maybe temporarily out of service would be better. Still fishy. Very curious to know why.

Old
11-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
I know everyone here hates Wang but I seriously didn't expect this much of the fan base to be foolish enough to think there's a crazy conspiracy theories that Wang shut down a site he has no control what so ever over. Listen I dislike Charles as much as the next fan but for all we know it could be a technical problem, a problem with sny or it could just be a personal problem with Botta. Botta is a baby and would have littered his twitter page immediately even if there was some remote chance that Charles Wang shut down his website. This thread should be locked for the insanity going on here.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote