HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Mark Recchi resign with the Flyers?

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Will Mark Recchi resign with the Flyers?

Forgive Canuck fans for dreaming, but there is a thread on the Canucks board about the possibility of the Canucks signing Mark Recchi away from the Flyers this off-season and putting him on the wing with the Sedin Twins. However, none of that will happen if Recchi re-ups with the Flyers.

Do you Flyers fans think Recchi will resign? And if so, for how much dough and for how long?

Old
06-16-2004, 03:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
its hard to say what Recchi will do. The Flyers want to keep him but Clarke has pubicly stated he wont talk to him until after the CBA is resolved. To be honest i dont think players like Recchi will be getting many FA offers from other teams until after the CBA is resloved anyway IMO.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
its hard to say what Recchi will do. The Flyers want to keep him but Clarke has pubicly stated he wont talk to him until after the CBA is resolved. To be honest i dont think players like Recchi will be getting many FA offers from other teams until after the CBA is resloved anyway IMO.
I agree with that, and I ultimately think Recchi will come back to the Flyers for less money, and a deal long enough to end his career in Philadelphia. That's at least what I would like to see.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:32 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

i hope Recchi ends his career in Philly. we shouldnt be letting this guy go again.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:43 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Forgive Canuck fans for dreaming, but there is a thread on the Canucks board about the possibility of the Canucks signing Mark Recchi away from the Flyers this off-season and putting him on the wing with the Sedin Twins. However, none of that will happen if Recchi re-ups with the Flyers.

Do you Flyers fans think Recchi will resign? And if so, for how much dough and for how long?
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=84060

Old
06-16-2004, 09:50 AM
MojoJojo

Not without taking a serious pay cut. Our salary is just too high. I would love to keep Recchi over shmucks like Amonte and LeClair, but were stuck with them while Recchi is free to go without having to buy him out.

Old
06-16-2004, 09:58 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson

I do believe that Recchi will re-sign with the Flyers and finish his career in orange and black.

I don't think it will happen until the CBA is done.

In the 2nd I think you'll see ARecchi sign a 2 year deal for something in the neighborhood of $5-6 million.

Old
06-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I think you'll see ARecchi sign a 2 year deal for something in the neighborhood of $5-6 million.
Keith signed for 1/2 a million less a season. What makes you think Mark will get a raise?

Old
06-16-2004, 10:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Keith signed for 1/2 a million less a season. What makes you think Mark will get a raise?

He means 5-6 million for the total value of the contract. No way Recchi gets more than $3M a year.

Old
06-16-2004, 10:46 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
$5-6 million total for two years, not $5-6 million per season.

Old
06-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
$5-6 million total for two years, not $5-6 million per season.

Oh, sorry. That sounds more realistic.

Even though I prefer they let all these old guys out to pasture.

Old
06-16-2004, 10:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Even though I prefer they let all these old guys out to pasture.
Well for Recchi, the pasture is somewhere in South Jersey where he not only lives, but has settled.

Old
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Well for Recchi, the pasture is somewhere in South Jersey where he not only lives, but has settled.
Mark has really taken to the area. I remmember one interview with him where he simply raved about the area. He went on to say how he loved living less than 2 hours from NYC, the Balt-DC area and the mountains. He also talked about how he loves living near the beach and the people. A lot of athletes say things to make the home crowd happy (JR) but Mark have proven that he truely loves this town.

Old
06-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Overtime

I for one enjoyed the playoff run, and with all the injuries to the team, some of these "old guys" you want to send to the glue factory contributed to getting the team there. I didn't see any of the younger players ready, willing and able to step in and do the job.

I think Recchi should be rewarded for his great season with a contract. Like John, I think something in the 2 yr, $5-6 million range is fair.

Fans complain that no player ever retires with the Flyers anymore, yet as soon as the hair starts to get a little gray, they're being told by those fans to pack their bags and move to the old folks home.

Old
06-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtime
I for one enjoyed the playoff run, and with all the injuries to the team, some of these "old guys" you want to send to the glue factory contributed to getting the team there. I didn't see any of the younger players ready, willing and able to step in and do the job.

I think Recchi should be rewarded for his great season with a contract. Like John, I think something in the 2 yr, $5-6 million range is fair.

Fans complain that no player ever retires with the Flyers anymore, yet as soon as the hair starts to get a little gray, they're being told by those fans to pack their bags and move to the old folks home.
I understand that you don't want to go through a season of losing but this team will never win the cup. The younger, faster more skilled teams own this league. Especially with the up comming CBA. I would rather rebuild sooner than later.

Last edited by Cuiff: 06-16-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old
06-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Overtime

That's where we disagree. I think the team can win a Cup, and was very close to the finals. Injuries that were out of the ordinary hampered them, but they got withing one game of the finals despite that. The younger, faster team that won the Cup was healthy. Good for them, but put two healthy teams in the Eastern Conference Final and Tampa possibly wouldn't have gotten to the Finals.

Or go the other way: give Lacavelier a concussion, St. Louis a groin injury, take one of their defensemen out with a broken arm, and have another play with a concussion, a third with a bad shoulder, and their goalie with a hip problem.

Before you give the argument that a younger team doesn't injure as easily, JRs concussion had nothing to do with age, Recchi's groin injury came because of favoring a broken foot that didn't happen because of age, Desjardins' arm had nothing to do with age, and Markov, Johnsson and Esche are not "old".

Old
06-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
That's where we disagree. I think the team can win a Cup, and was very close to the finals. Injuries that were out of the ordinary hampered them, but they got withing one game of the finals despite that. The younger, faster team that won the Cup was healthy. Good for them, but put two healthy teams in the Eastern Conference Final and Tampa possibly wouldn't have gotten to the Finals.

Or go the other way: give Lacavelier a concussion, St. Louis a groin injury, take one of their defensemen out with a broken arm, and have another play with a concussion, a third with a bad shoulder, and their goalie with a hip problem.

Before you give the argument that a younger team doesn't injure as easily, JRs concussion had nothing to do with age, Recchi's groin injury came because of favoring a broken foot that didn't happen because of age, Desjardins' arm had nothing to do with age, and Markov, Johnsson and Esche are not "old".
1) Younger players are capabile of playing more games because their legs do not ware down as quickly. Plus, TB was way more skilled than the Flyers.

2) Stop the excuese.

2004: Injuries
2003: Goalie
2002: Coach/Goalie
2001: Goalie
2001: Lindros

In each of these years, the Flyers were beaten by the better team.

Old
06-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Flyers26

Clarkie & "REX" are close friends. I believe that he'll resign, and it better be in the 2-2.5mil a year, 2 year deal range!
If it's more than that, and some team wants to overpay (See NYR), be my guest!

Old
06-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Sniperz25

The Flyers were the better team.

Simple as that.

If Tampa had the amount of injuries we had or any for that matter they wouldn't have went as far as us.

Old
06-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Overtime

When is it an excuse, and when is it a reason? Do you deny the injuries this team suffered?

Old
06-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
When is it an excuse, and when is it a reason? Do you deny the injuries this team suffered?
They never were going to beat TB

Old
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Mediator88

Send a message via ICQ to Mediator88 Send a message via AIM to Mediator88 Send a message via MSN to Mediator88 Send a message via Yahoo to Mediator88
Quote:
They never were going to beat TB
They went to game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals against TB and lost 2-1 on TB's home ice. Never is a very strong word to use in what was the best series in the entire Eastern Conference playoff bracket.

Brian

Old
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperz25
The Flyers were the better team.

Simple as that.

If Tampa had the amount of injuries we had or any for that matter they wouldn't have went as far as us.
Sure, that why TB beat up four times to none during the regular season and they were the number one seed. Give it up and stop the excuses. The Flyers lost, they never will win.

23 years and counting!!! :lol

TB: 10 years and holding the silver in all Flyer Fans faces. (Now I know why most people hate Flyer Fans. They are unrealistic. They will never admit that there is a better team out there) I guess you have an excuse for all 23 years?

Old
06-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator88
They went to game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals against TB and lost 2-1 on TB's home ice. Never is a very strong word to use in what was the best series in the entire Eastern Conference playoff bracket.

Brian

Does not matter. They lost. TB was too skilled. IF and an all you want. It does not matter. They lost to the better team. A team build better to sustain the playoff than they flyers were.

Old
06-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Mediator88

Send a message via ICQ to Mediator88 Send a message via AIM to Mediator88 Send a message via MSN to Mediator88 Send a message via Yahoo to Mediator88
Quote:
Does not matter. They lost. TB was too skilled. IF and an all you want. It does not matter. They lost to the better team. A team build better to sustain the playoff than they flyers were.
I don't deny this. However, to say the Flyers were "never" going to beat TB is just silly and negative solely for the sake of being negative.

Brian

Closed Thread