HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Franchises Relocation

Old
02-12-2011, 07:51 PM
rocketfan

vCash: 500
I casn guarantee you that fans from east of c'town will not travel to s'side to support any team a lot of town fans wont support them that i can guarantee we've been playing rough and have had some fights the last month this team is not as bad as some of you say it is and i am getting sick of this *****ing and complaning suck it up and support the damn team

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:27 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
I casn guarantee you that fans from east of c'town will not travel to s'side to support any team a lot of town fans wont support them that i can guarantee we've been playing rough and have had some fights the last month this team is not as bad as some of you say it is and i am getting sick of this *****ing and complaning suck it up and support the damn team
You mean like how the team has supported and thanked their fans by giving them a competitive team to watch? Oh wait...that's right they've never ever done that for their fanbase like other teams have.

What goes around comes around, the Rocket management only have themselves to blame for their troubles and they have to be the ones who go out and convince fans they have something worthwhile to get behind and to support. The fans did support this team and have shown their support already, now it's time for the team to do the same for them, not the other way around.

As always with Savard....take....take...take....expect...expect.. ..expect but never his fault and never his doing. That's what I am sick of and so are other people and that is obvious by the empty seats in the building game after game.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
LOL.

The deadline is NOT a hard deadline. There will be tons of time for relocation after the season, they just need everything in place by the end of May or so as to be able to have a schedule drawn up.

Even one of the 3 owners rumored to be leaving confirmed yesterday that just because your January "deadline" has passed that he's still able to go to the board with a relocation plan for next year.

I think he'd know more then you or I since the Q has no real rule book and can literally change this stuff to suit their needs at the time.

Like it or not they save a lot of money by moving 3 teams after the year then they do by announcing it right now.

And I believe this quote is from Leo-Guy Morissette who also said in the same interview that time was running out and it was getting late...

Why do you only tell part of the truth?

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:21 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
PEI hockey fans like a rough & tough type of team to support . The Rocket have not had anything like that in a long time . Savard Jr could not run anything properly . His dad should have went outside the family and filled the GM post . They will probably be gone at seasons end because they know that the Lewiston team is being led by a solid group in Billy Schurman and the other rumored owners are ex NHL GM Doug McLean and Dion Phaneuf .
This team will draw from East & West ...a true Island team . The Ch'town crowd will travel 45 minutes for the games as will the Western crowd and they will have great local support although it will cost them a 30+ year solid Tier 2 Junior team who currently play in the beautiful Credit Union Place Arena . They should average around 3000 + .
In your dream world will the Charlottetown people travel 45 miles to Summerside for a regular season game...

I suppose that you also dream of them buying season tickets...

Face ti, the Island has a population of 140,000 and does not have enough to support 2 Q teams.

Old
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
chsb

Quote:
LOL.

The deadline is NOT a hard deadline. There will be tons of time for relocation after the season, they just need everything in place by the end of May or so as to be able to have a schedule drawn up.

Even one of the 3 owners rumored to be leaving confirmed yesterday that just because your January "deadline" has passed that he's still able to go to the board with a relocation plan for next year.

I think he'd know more then you or I since the Q has no real rule book and can literally change this stuff to suit their needs at the time.

Like it or not they save a lot of money by moving 3 teams after the year then they do by announcing it right now.

No relocation has EVER been approved in the Q that late in the last 25 years and that is for a reason...

Old
02-16-2011, 02:25 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjq View Post
Why would LGM want to stay in a city where he is getting attendance of 800, 1000 (against their most heated rival) 1200 etc.?

Yes, someone is fabulating...you..it's a done deal.

Done deal to St-John's?

I brelieve that the ECHL is a much surer bet for 2012-2013 than the Q over there.

Yes it is too late for 2011-2012.....

You are the fabulator.

Old
02-16-2011, 02:27 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
And they didn`t try to move before too

You have as much credibility as Eklund. You don`t know if the Titan are moving but will stop at nothing to refute any claim that they are, even in the face of actual evidence (not saying there is any here).

With the attendance Bathurst is getting, there`d be something wrong with LGM if he WASN`T trying to sell the team.

As I said in the post you responded to, I believe that the attendances will have to increase in order to retain the Titan in Bathurst after the 2011-2012 season, but so far I am way better than Eklund with my predictions for the Titan....I was also right in 2009...remember?

Old
02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
In your dream world will the Charlottetown people travel 45 miles to Summerside for a regular season game...

I suppose that you also dream of them buying season tickets...

Face ti, the Island has a population of 140,000 and does not have enough to support 2 Q teams.

Why wouldn't people drive the 45 mins from Charlottetown to Summerside to see games? People travel approx an hour from Souris to the Rocket games and I know of some from that area who are also season ticket holders.

Are you telling me that people from Campbellton, Grand Anse, Caraquet, etc don't go to Titans games? I know of people from those areas who do travel to Bathurst for games, so why would it be any different for Summerside?

Old
02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
rocketfan

every season ticket holder and friends of mine that attend rocket games say if we move and a team moves in to s'side they will not support it this is people from montague and surrounding areas

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 03:28 AM
wingmanpei

If that were to happen I wouldn't be going to every game in Summerside but would go to some of the games depending on when they are, same as I do now with the Rocket. I'm not suggesting that most of the Rocket's fanbase in Charlottetown would consistently go to the games but there will be some who would do that and some who would travel from time to time, I don't think that nobody from Charlottetown would go the games. It wouldn't be a surprise if more people made the trip from Charlottetown at playoff time if Summerside had a strong team for the playoffs

Old
02-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
No relocation has EVER been approved in the Q that late in the last 25 years and that is for a reason...
Oh no?

Since you have no problem throwing out a fact like that how about you tell me what DATE Granby was officially sold and transferred to Cape Breton in 1997.

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:00 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
Why wouldn't people drive the 45 mins from Charlottetown to Summerside to see games? People travel approx an hour from Souris to the Rocket games and I know of some from that area who are also season ticket holders.

Are you telling me that people from Campbellton, Grand Anse, Caraquet, etc don't go to Titans games? I know of people from those areas who do travel to Bathurst for games, so why would it be any different for Summerside?

I am telling that Charlottetwon people will stay in Charlottetown on cold winter nights and watch university hockey instead of driving to Summerside....and I say that on average....
Of course there could be a hard core 200-300 who drive there, but it would not be enough.

What I am also pointing, and nobody seems to address that, is that corporate sponsordhip would actually drop in Summerside compared to the Rocket as the bulk of commercial activities are being runned from Charlottetown for PEI.

So the 200-300 spectators would not offset at all that loss.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
every season ticket holder and friends of mine that attend rocket games say if we move and a team moves in to s'side they will not support it this is people from montague and surrounding areas

On average, I concur with that!

Old
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
chsb

Quote:
Oh no?

Since you have no problem throwing out a fact like that how about you tell me what DATE Granby was officially sold and transferred to Cape Breton in 1997.
Just for your readers' enlightment, how long ago was that? 1996?

What about the last 15 years?

The Q evolved in the last 15 years and it has become a more complicated and bigger business with more intricacies.

Old
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
sen1fan

Quote:
I am telling that Charlottetwon people will stay in Charlottetown on cold winter nights and watch university hockey instead of driving to Summerside....and I say that on average....
Of course there could be a hard core 200-300 who drive there, but it would not be enough.

What I am also pointing, and nobody seems to address that, is that corporate sponsordhip would actually drop in Summerside compared to the Rocket as the bulk of commercial activities are being runned from Charlottetown for PEI.

So the 200-300 spectators would not offset at all that loss.
Take the 200-300 from charlottetown throw in the 800-1000 caps fans (the team will have left town) and will avg. what the rocket get now!! place a "well run team" in summerside with some good PR work and you will have no problem getting more fan support from the west,not to mention a few more from charlottetown..
The last time i checked there was a Irving,cavendish farms,sorce for sports,prov.of pei,moosehead beer,bens bakery,old dutch and so on can all be found in summerside!!! you might miss out on charlottetown's eatery sponsorships but there is the areospace industry at slemon park to make up for them ,IMO

sen1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Just for your readers' enlightment, how long ago was that? 1996?

What about the last 15 years?

The Q evolved in the last 15 years and it has become a more complicated and bigger business with more intricacies.
All that matters is that it was within the last 25 years, proving you wrong on the "facts" you threw out there and proving that there has indeed been relocation for teams AFTER their season had ended giving their teams fans no chance to save their team.

Same thing COULD happen again is the point. What does or does not happen is yet to be seen, but there's a chance as history shows us even though you would allow us to believe that history says there is NO chance.

HUGE difference.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:20 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
All that matters is that it was within the last 25 years, proving you wrong on the "facts" you threw out there and proving that there has indeed been relocation for teams AFTER their season had ended giving their teams fans no chance to save their team.

Same thing COULD happen again is the point. What does or does not happen is yet to be seen, but there's a chance as history shows us even though you would allow us to believe that history says there is NO chance.

HUGE difference.
THERE IS NO CHANCE unless you'd like to become commissioner of the Q, Jack

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Speaking of the Q commissioner....don't forget this was the same commissioner who allowed a gm who was under contract with one team to sign a contract with another team.

Plus the league has recently allowed an owner to negotiate with another city, with the intent of moving his team, past the so called deadline and this was only a couple of years ago. Yes the deal with that city fell apart but if it did go through, chances are the league would have allowed a move to be made/signed after the deadline.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Speaking of the Q commissioner....don't forget this was the same commissioner who allowed a gm who was under contract with one team to sign a contract with another team.

Plus the league has recently allowed an owner to negotiate with another city, with the intent of moving his team, past the so called deadline and this was only a couple of years ago. Yes the deal with that city fell apart but if it did go through, chances are the league would have allowed a move to be made/signed after the deadline.
but it didn't did it

Old
02-27-2011, 06:39 AM
wingmanpei

Quote:
but it didn't did it
Did the league step in after the date and tell both groups they couldn't negotiate or they couldn't move or put a stop to things? No, I don't recall the league telling both groups they had to stop what they were doing because of the timeline....do you?

As Jack said, it doesn't mean team(s) will move or necessarily think it will happen but at this point I don't think the door is completely closed if a team were wanting to re-locate or wanting to negotiate a move.

Last edited by wingmanpei: 02-27-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old
02-27-2011, 11:53 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Did the league step in after the date and tell both groups they couldn't negotiate or they couldn't move or put a stop to things? No, I don't recall the league telling both groups they had to stop what they were doing because of the timeline....do you?

As Jack said, it doesn't mean team(s) will move or necessarily think it will happen but at this point I don't think the door is completely closed if a team were wanting to re-locate or wanting to negotiate a move.
Jack doesn't know squat about hockey then nor business for that matter....

why has the Q consistently tried Montreal as a market and wonder why it kept failing when you go head to head w/ the Canadiens.

the reason for the failed relocation by Lewiston is well documented........

Old
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Jack doesn't know squat about hockey then nor business for that matter....

why has the Q consistently tried Montreal as a market and wonder why it kept failing when you go head to head w/ the Canadiens.

the reason for the failed relocation by Lewiston is well documented........
Man are you serious?

The reason Lewiston couldn't move was that there already WAS and IS a team in Montreal.

And in case you have not noticed that team is doing well.

The only thing preventing a move was the location of the 2 arenas was too close together. You move one of those rinks an extra few KM up the road and there's currently 2 teams in Montreal.

I don't know why you would bother arguing these points. It's been proven there is no hard deadline for relocation, to the point that it's been proven the league has let it go on at least twice in the last few years (that we know of, I might add) and even let a current team move after it had completed it's season and playoff run.

I'm not even here saying that moves will happen. My whole point here is that dismissing them since some bogus deadline has passed is extremely naive considering the league you are talking about and what they've allowed to happen in the past.

Anything can still happen.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
but it didn't did it
And this proves what point exactly?

Old
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
There certainly is.

That much has been proven in case you have not been able to follow along.

Feel free to provide a source proving otherwise though, it's usually handy to have when you are so definitive that the person you are saying is wrong is indeed wrong.

It's been proven that teams can still look to move after Jan 31 and that the league has even allowed a team to be sold and transferred all within the short time between a lengthy playoff run AND the league draft which is to kick off the next season.

Mr. Morissette in Bathurst admitted after the deadline that he could still look to move despite the calendar not saying January.

If there is "NO CHANCE" as you are EMPHATICALLY SAYING...then how about telling us why exactly.

Old
03-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Alpine

Not questioning the ifs...........but I wonder..........is it possible that a team would be moving and nobody in the new city is saying anything?
There's allot to get ready.
Season tix local sponsors a radio deal, in game staff, billets and on.
Is it possible that so much is going on and everybody's keeping their mouth shut......what about the people in the current locations losing their jobs?
I just wonder if it's possible that all envolved are capable of keeping their mouths shut.
It's now March and training camp is August. That's only 4 months to do allot of work.

Last edited by Alpine: 03-02-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Alpine is online now   Reply With Quote