I'd be all for these d pairings:

Zidlicky-Schultz
Burns-Scandella
Barker-Falk

Old
11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
grN1g

vCash: 500
Schultz and burns have been so well together i wouldn't want to split them up, i mean yea you can throw scanny out there every once in a while, but i'd try to keep them together.

i think if he's to stay he sees time on the 2nd, and 3rd pairing splitting time with zanon and falk.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Three Stars:

1st: MARTIN HAVLAT
2nd: ANTTI MIETTINEN
3rd: NIKLAS BACKSTROM

I'm really gonna have to disagree on those. I'd have done Backs, Havlat, and Scandella, in that order.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post

Zidlicky-Schultz
Burns-Scandella
Barker-Falk

So your sitting Zanon over Barker, Falk AND Stoner? I get the impression that he would be the last person on that list to scratch for any length of time. Unless you're assuming he's moved?

Old
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Three Stars:

I'm really gonna have to disagree on those. I'd have done Backs, Havlat, and Scandella, in that order.
They are going with goal scorers obviously.

I would have put Backstrom higher though.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:27 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
Apparently Anaheim fans think they dominated this game, maybe they only watched the 3rd period cause of the timezone difference?

Old
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
Apparently Anaheim fans think they dominated this game, maybe they only watched the 3rd period cause of the timezone difference?
haha, didn't had the time to go check their GDT yet.. I think I'm going to check this out now.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Barker...sigh. The two times where he didn't keep the puck in the zone out of pure laziness....things like that can take away chances...every play matters...he doesn't have the drive.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
And, newsflash, we're boring. Those 11 shots through the 1st two periods must've been the most exciting 11 shots ever.

It's hard to play "exciting" hockey when the visiting team comes in a plays like we did back in 2001/02.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Fel 96
JFC

hahaha you know what? I really know that OMG We Need Defense guy and he couldn't stop telling me how Backstrom sucks and how his Ducks were so much better than the Wild on another forum.

oh and the Wild were extremely lucky to get those 2 points in that boring game and Backstrom really stole that game! /most Ducks fans

Old
11-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post

Zidlicky-Schultz
Burns-Scandella
Zanon-Falk

The one change I would make is bolded. Though, like others have said, Schultz and Burns have been good together, but why not take a chance and see what he can do with Scandella for a few games? Barker can motivate himself from the press box for all I care. I'm sour as hell on him right now.

Old
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
The one change I would make is bolded. Though, like others have said, Schultz and Burns have been good together, but why not take a chance and see what he can do with Scandella for a few games? Barker can motivate himself from the press box for all I care. I'm sour as hell on him right now.
Absolutely. Barker has earned a benching. He's simply getting outplayed, and honestly he looks as bad as some of the worst defensemen ever to play here.

Schultz-Burns
Scandella-Zidlicky
Zanon-Falk

There you go.

Old
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Our announcers are such idiots. Nothing is guaranteed when a review is in play.

Scandella went north of 20 minutes. He should be sticking here.
They are idiots, but sadly that's not in the top-five bonehead calls of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Three Stars:

I have Havlat, Backstrom, Mittens. Thought Backstrom played well but Havlat just took over in parts of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
And, newsflash, we're boring. Those 11 shots through the 1st two periods must've been the most exciting 11 shots ever.

It's hard to play "exciting" hockey when the visiting team comes in a plays like we did back in 2001/02.
Seriously. I call us boring more than anyone here and the Wild can't hold a candle to the Ducks' boring play. I feel bad for them.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
11-18-2010, 07:56 AM
nickschultzfan

Scandella should still go back to Houston for a year. This off-season, I'd look at trading Zannon or Barker to make room for him next year.

Old
11-18-2010, 08:34 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Scandella should still go back to Houston for a year. This off-season, I'd look at trading Zannon or Barker to make room for him next year.
Scandella has looked great in his last two games, but it's only been two games. He did look really good in preseason too, so it's going to be tough to send him back down.

It's probably better for his development if he went back down to Houston, but he looks so good here as does Falk, so suddenly, we have a lot of almost ready or NHL-ready defenseman.

I didn't get to see much of tonight's game, but from most of the comments, Barker isn't looking good. Maybe we should just cut the losses, and get some value back for him?

Old
11-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Pilney21
Who?

vCash: 950
Good morning to all. Always sleep better after a Wild win.

Old
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
good game to go to. Yeah, the ducks were the ones attempting to slow the game to a crawl for once but i'm not going to run around yelling "boring! boring!". Try not to let the incessant "Wild are boring!" comments get to you either even in a game where it was obviously the Wild pushing the play.

Scandella has looked decent and even good so far, but some people tend to get way ahead of themselves in expectations...I personally think it would be a mistake to leave him up here this year but I'm not sure what Fletcher/Richards will do.

Old
11-18-2010, 09:28 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

A bit disappointing that the Wild couldn't parlay their chances in the first and second into another goal or two. If they want a shot at making one of the final playoff spots it's tough to let teams they're competing with get away with a point. Such a poor third period in general from the Wild last night.

I will say this, Zanon needs to start getting less ice time. Of all the Wild defensemen right now, I'd say he's the biggest liability out there. Turnovers left and right; namely in the defensive zone.

Thought Barker played fairly well except for his complete inability to keep the puck in at the blue line. Happened far too often last night and it was inexcusable.

Scandella played an extremely sound good. Really like how he uses his body in the defensive zone but keeps himself in position to handle the puck. Very impressed with his play last night.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
nickschultzfan

The HFBoards extreme view of prospects:

"OMG, he's so awesome that he needs to be in the NHL at age 19!!!!" or "BUST! Trade for bag of pucks."

Playing two good games does not mean Scandella is knocking on the door and kicking Stoner, Barker, or Zannon off the team. We have a decent pipeline of D prospects, but throw Scandella in too early and all of a sudden that pipeline is drys up quickly.

IMO, Wellman needs to go back to Houston ASAP. Scandella should as well. Bring up place-fillers like Earl and Kalus instead of Wellman.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Eventually I'd like to see Scandy on the top pairing with Burns, but not now. Kid looks like he's on track, but let him rip it in Houston for a year.

Zanon just looks bad this year. Was not happy with him last night. Turnover machine, scrambling...bad.

I'd go with the Burns-Schultz, Zanon-Zidlicky, Falk-Stoner pairings and sit Barker until he decides to start working again. Zidlicky is going to bail out Zanon (yeah I said it). I still don't trust Burns-Schultz due to missed assignments when trapped in their end, but their overall play has been pretty good.

On the flip side, another game with lots of posts/just misses for Cullen and Wellman. But those chances are usually coming off the rush where the player is kept to the outside or else quickly result in turnovers going the other way, which I don't like.

One thing I really did like about this game was that the forwards started moving their feet in the offensive zone with the puck. That's essential to get the defenders moving, open up lanes, and score. I can't stand it on the PP when they pass to the point, then the half wall, and everyone's standing still. Work it down low, move the players around, get the D off their game. Anyways, Koivu/Mittens were moving well and Havlat was just a superstar in holding on to the puck an extra second and skating it out to find a passing target.

Fourth line also looked pretty good and Backs was stellar as usual. Only goal against was another missed assignment on the backdoor (future HOF'er and wily vet just sneaks right in and nobody sees him).

Old
11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
SeeKpzl8

I missed the game last night so im about to watch the replay on fsn. So how "boring" of a game should I expect? lol

Old
11-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeKpzl8 View Post
I missed the game last night so im about to watch the replay on fsn. So how "boring" of a game should I expect? lol
Not very boring at all. Some Anaheim fans just need an explanation for losing to the lowly Wild & only scoring 1 goal, even if the explanation is a complete fabrication.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeKpzl8 View Post
Skip the third period.

Also, we are apparently taking over HF in an effort to fight for the trap and all that is wrong with hockey. Unicorns Unite!

Old
11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I think I have a new personal policy of use of the HFBoards...

Stay out of the other team GDT.

Again, I have to ask the question about just what people think the "trap" is...

If they think it's the 1-2-2 with the center in forechecking, then yes. That's the neutral zone trap. Which, Randy Carlyle used on nearly every shift in the game last night. The passive, forechecking center wasn't challenging the puck carrier at all, in the O-zone.

If they think it's a 0-3-2 formation... Which the Wild was playing in the third for some dumb ass reason, then it's not a trap.

Old
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I think I have a new personal policy of use of the HFBoards...

Stay out of the other team GDT.

Again, I have to ask the question about just what people think the "trap" is...

If they think it's the 1-2-2 with the center in forechecking, then yes. That's the neutral zone trap. Which, Randy Carlyle used on nearly every shift in the game last night. The passive, forechecking center wasn't challenging the puck carrier at all, in the O-zone.

If they think it's a 0-3-2 formation... Which the Wild was playing in the third for some dumb ass reason, then it's not a trap.
It's probably not a bad idea although I will never discourage anyone to venture out. Just remember that the team boards are their own boards and be on your best behavior. They also each have their own feel so what might be okay on this board is not okay on another team board.

But as it is, we'll always be associated with the Trap and it doesn't matter if the team wins 60-1 or loses by that same score; perception is reality.

Closed Thread