HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc-Andre Bergeron to Tampa?

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Rschmitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecavilier_4 View Post
His cap hit is $5.4 Million.

A player that is claimed on re-entry waivers has his cap hit split between the two teams. So his cap hit would be $2.7 Million. The thing I can't remember is if that reduced cap hit is only for the first season in which a player is claimed.

If the case is that the cap relief is only for the first season than I don't really think he is a fit. I wouldn't feel comfortable spending $5.4 Million in cap space on Souray next year.
That is where I got 2.7 million from. Also, the reduced cap hit is for both seasons.

Old
11-24-2010, 05:27 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Marc-André Bergeron physical tests were really good. He'll have to see the doctor Thursday.
http://twitter.com/renhockey (RDS reporter)

Old
11-25-2010, 08:41 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
Would Tampa be interested in a deal for Kevin Bieksa with the return being Nate Thompson and Matt Smaby

Old
11-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet View Post
Would Tampa be interested in a deal for Kevin Bieksa with the return being Nate Thompson and Matt Smaby
Not for Thompson, no.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Add salary and lose our best PKer? No thanks.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

renhockey renaud lavoie
by mcorcoran81
Marc-André Bergeron obtient le feu vert- Bergeron got the green light from doctor this morning.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

5 game winning streak.

PP: 4th in league
PK: 4th in league

Why would we want to significantly mess with this now? We might as well re-hire and demote Wes Walz.

At least Bieska is a RD.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
5 game winning streak.

PP: 4th in league
PK: 4th in league

Why would we want to significantly mess with this now? We might as well re-hire and demote Wes Walz.

At least Bieska is a RD.
Because he provides mobility and a warm body to limit minutes of others. Its not a bad pickup at all, and it takes Marty off the point and puts him on the right circle as a shooter.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Because he provides mobility and a warm body to limit minutes of others. Its not a bad pickup at all, and it takes Marty off the point and puts him on the right circle as a shooter.
Is that the standard we're going for?

I do get the warm body argument, but we can at least look at someone that brings something new to the team.

Marty's on point because he's Marty. We also haven't given that much of a chance to Hedman, Ohlund, R. Jones, or Lundin yet.

Bergeron seems like an upgrade on Vernace, but then why didn't we just sign Bergeron in the first place?

Old
11-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:

I do get the warm body argument, but we can at least look at someone that brings something new to the team.

Marty's on point because he's Marty. We also haven't given that much of a chance to Hedman, Ohlund, R. Jones, or Lundin yet.

Bergeron seems like an upgrade on Vernace, but then why didn't we just sign Bergeron in the first place?
He was injured and is just now getting healthy.

Old
11-25-2010, 12:08 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I get where you're coming from, but hes a warm-body upgrade and I worry about exposing Clark and Jones to prolonged play at the rate we're giving them, historically both kind of fall off somewhere between the 25-45 game mark.
Quote:
I do understand the warm body argument, but we can at least look at someone that brings something new to the team.
I see what you're saying here, as well, but I think this is just a matter of bang for the buck. He'll bring a bit more offense from the blueline and has experience QB'ing the powerplay and at the rate we're getting dinged up, we'll need him. Not sure we want to have Roy or Vernace getting extended time.
Quote:
Given the injuries we have now, though, Marty really should be on the opposing circle to Stamkos, we need a shooter over there to balance things out. I agree with giving someone else a chance, I really don't understand why we don't work Ohlund into the powerplay more. He spent plenty of time on it in Vancouver. Jones has also taken some time there, i'm not against that. Lundin I don't think has the chops for it, Hedman should be watching a little while longer before he jumps in with both feet.
Quote:
Unknown injury length, uncertainty, and i'm guessing they hoped one of the bottom d-men would step up and provide more mobility than they have.

Old
11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
CSampson

Given the current power play, I don't think you touch Marty at the moment. He is damn good up there.

Old
11-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I like the idea of picking up Bergeron, but lets not move Marty, especially to VL's money slot.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerman effect View Post
Not for Thompson, no.
I am a huge fan of both Thompson and Smaby, but this is a no-brainer. We have millions and millions of current cap space, and we need help from the D position in both ends of the rink, and Bieksa provides that. If Yzerman was offered that, he wouldn't turn it down.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Bieksa has had a terrible year, very injury prone and a UFA at the end of the year. He would also be 6th amongst defensemen in points, hardly the PMD savior. Not interested in trading a player who works so well for Boucher and is our best player on the 4th best PK in the league.

Smaby is trash, I couldn't care less about him.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerman effect View Post
Bieksa has had a terrible year, very injury prone and a UFA at the end of the year. He would also be 6th amongst defensemen in points, hardly the PMD savior. Not interested in trading a player who works so well for Boucher and is our best player on the 4th best PK in the league.

Smaby is trash, I couldn't care less about him.
Such a shame really, he was amazing a couple of years ago. Too bad he doesn't throw the body like he used to.....

Old
11-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Forever Malone

uhhh smaby

Old
11-25-2010, 06:26 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Malone View Post
uhhh smaby
Dear god.

Old
11-26-2010, 12:19 AM
gobolt7

Nate Boucher is not getting moved.

Old
11-26-2010, 01:14 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Nate Boucher is not getting moved.

Story behind the nickname: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...uchers/1136465

Old
11-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Tampa22

Thompson can't leave this team, and I'm sure he will sign for a couple of years after this season. If Boucher stay in this team, Thompson will stay here for the same time.
I'm not a fan of this coach, but Thompson get my vote to stay, I been follow him since his first day here, battle for all the pucks, can hit, can fight, make dirty work, wins FO, kill penalties, he's a complete player and was glad when he sign for another year in the offseason. I'm sure he will be here after this season, way to go Nate!!!

Old
11-26-2010, 07:00 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
great for the PP, but disaster in his own end.
This, as a habs fan i'm happy gauthier will not sign him again this year. He do have a great slapshot but after 15 games he will try to become a PPQB ... and run the powerplay all by himself and he will become less effective. And he is absolutely way too bad on D ... as a 4th line player it's ok ... but the second he will be on your defense ,you'll know what I mean. I dont understand why Yzerman is interested in him... you oubviously dont need hel on your powerplay.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:47 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
This, as a habs fan i'm happy gauthier will not sign him again this year. He do have a great slapshot but after 15 games he will try to become a PPQB ... and run the powerplay all by himself and he will become less effective. And he is absolutely way too bad on D ... as a 4th line player it's ok ... but the second he will be on your defense ,you'll know what I mean. I dont understand why Yzerman is interested in him... you oubviously dont need hel on your powerplay.
Where have I heard this before...oh yes, when the Lightning signed Brett Clark and Randy Jones.

Old
11-26-2010, 09:12 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Where have I heard this before...oh yes, when the Lightning signed Brett Clark and Randy Jones.

Old
11-26-2010, 02:20 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Randy Jones is awful. Clark had a bit of a rep, but he was at least known for blocking shots and could be serviceable in his own end. Jones flat out stinks. He brings no aspect to the game that is better than any of our other d-men have, and Philly and LA were lad when he left. As the deadline approaches, I expect a better defenseman to fill his spot.

I say package Jones with someone and/or maybe an asset of some sort and go for Bieksa, or if the circumstance arises, make a pitch for Weber at the deadline should he not get re-signed.

Closed Thread