HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

Goalies for 2011 WHL Draft

Old
06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
hkyphn

vCash: 500
Goalies for 2011 WHL Draft

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of exceptional goalies in the 96 year who are eligible for next years bantam draft??

hkyphn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 08:19 PM
edmontonfan59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyphn View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of exceptional goalies in the 96 year who are eligible for next years bantam draft??
Papirny out of SSAC was a 1st year that made the Allstar game last year. VERY GOOD!!

edmontonfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
hkyphn

Papirny?

Unreal, All Star as a first year! There are a couple of B.C. kids that were not too bad as first year goalies but did not play anywhere near the level of Papirny...kid from coquitlam named macdonald showed well but played on a terrible AAA team in coquitlam and another goalie from aldergrove in AA who was on a pretty good team. Does anyone know of any other b.c. goalies? If would be nice if B.C. went to a major bantam league like alberta.

Old
06-06-2010, 11:58 AM
spexpert

Seafair's Cronier is a very good goalie, who played tier one last year, and Bogas, who was South Delta's starting goalie last year are the top two, in my opinion. There's also a kid who played for Semihamoo last year who can stand on his head, but don't know his name.

spexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
hkyphn

I thought

that the goalies from south delta were 2nd yr bantams, but, if it is the one I am thinking of you are right he is strong. It will be interesting to see how the U16 tryouts go this year as it seems as if the 96 year is very light on quality goalies and defenseman.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
trainer10

The goalie from Semiahmoo is Kurt Russell he may be one of the top '96 goalies in the lower mainland that has flown totally under the radar until now.

trainer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
spexpert

I haven't seen Russell enough to know about his consistency, but there's no doubt that's he's top 3 or 4 for sure. U 16's are a long way off, but in BC, of '95 '96' and '97, '96 is certainly nowhere near as strong as the other two.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
BantamHockey Coach

I believe in Saskatchewan both Grant Naherniak and Rylan Parenteau are their best goaltenders.

BantamHockey Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Hockey fan 35

Top Goalies

Nolan Kruizenga out of Leduc will be one of the top goalies in the Ambhl this coming year, he is 6.1' 150 pounds.Papirny will have good numbers as he will have a very good team in front of him.

Hockey fan 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Perfect Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey fan 35 View Post
.Papirny will have good numbers as he will have a very good team in front of him.
Add to the fact that he is an excellent goalie, maybe the best 96 net minder in Alberta right now, SSAC should be the team to beat from the north.

Perfect Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Hockey fan 35

2 other goalies from AA last year should have solid years is Patrick Gora from St Albert and Adin Hill from Calgary. Both kids had good years in AA last year.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
bardown hockey

another top 96 goalie is maniel rana.played out of port coquitlam last year.big kid with excellent technical skills.a veit goaltending product with a great skillset.Ability to steal big games.just ask north delta .

bardown hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 12:54 AM
hockeypoor

How about top 96 netminders that will not have a solid team in front of them?
Great for development during the year and if they get some good exposure????

Do any come to mind, comments?

hockeypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardown hockey View Post
another top 96 goalie is maniel rana.played out of port coquitlam last year.big kid with excellent technical skills.a veit goaltending product with a great skillset.Ability to steal big games.just ask north delta .
I know someone who knows of him.
I heard that he had to quit hockey because his doctor said he had like headaches or something.

Apparently a REALLY good goalie, quite unfortunate.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
bardown hockey

actually i don't know where u heard that.playing out of bwc this year.never had any heaith issues.think your mistaken

bardown hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 03:10 PM
iWatchhockey4ever

who do u guys think will be the highest drafted goalie?

iWatchhockey4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 04:32 PM
DoseOfReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Shaw View Post
Add to the fact that he is an excellent goalie, maybe the best 96 net minder in Alberta right now, SSAC should be the team to beat from the north.
I'd say he's a competent goalie. 'excellent' is a bit of a stretch. Truth is he is a good goalie that had an excellent team in front of him. That is the only way he made the All Star game. It was a travesty really; zarowny should have went. He's twice the goalie but had half the team playing in front of him. His save percentage wasn't stellar IIRC.

DoseOfReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
hockeypoor

The goalies to watch this year will be the ones that had crappy teams in front of them, had 40-60 shots a game and will now be playing with a quality team.
Watch out for the sleepers!

Old
08-27-2010, 05:36 PM
iWatchhockey4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoseOfReality View Post
I'd say he's a competent goalie. 'excellent' is a bit of a stretch. Truth is he is a good goalie that had an excellent team in front of him. That is the only way he made the All Star game. It was a travesty really; zarowny should have went. He's twice the goalie but had half the team playing in front of him. His save percentage wasn't stellar IIRC.
i beg to differ... i dont know if u watched some of the games that papirny played. For example, i believe it was game 3 in the playoffs against Sherwood Park, he STOLE the game, yea, he had a team infront of him but when they needed him he did the job. Yes Zarowny is a better goaltender but there 2 different ages and 2 different teams.

iWatchhockey4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 05:02 PM
DoseOfReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWatchhockey4ever View Post
i beg to differ... i dont know if u watched some of the games that papirny played. For example, i believe it was game 3 in the playoffs against Sherwood Park, he STOLE the game, yea, he had a team infront of him but when they needed him he did the job. Yes Zarowny is a better goaltender but there 2 different ages and 2 different teams.
Good for Papirny. I hope he has a great season this year. He still should not have went to the Allstar game though. There were better goalies on worse teams that deserved to go. The League really needs to abandon goals against in favor of save percentage and put the necessary checks in place to reduce cheating by parent scorekeepers.

DoseOfReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Hockey fan 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoseOfReality View Post
Good for Papirny. I hope he has a great season this year. He still should not have went to the Allstar game though. There were better goalies on worse teams that deserved to go. The League really needs to abandon goals against in favor of save percentage and put the necessary checks in place to reduce cheating by parent scorekeepers.
Agreed.

You could stick just about any Goalie on SSAC and he would have decent numbers,SSAC plays a very good defensive style only giving up 15 shots a game on most nights.

Old
09-18-2010, 01:06 AM
bcgoalies

who are some top 96 goalies in BC that have a solid chance at getting drafted? Who are the goalies that will have a terrible team but still be impressive?

bcgoalies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
hockeypoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgoalies View Post
who are some top 96 goalies in BC that have a solid chance at getting drafted? Who are the goalies that will have a terrible team but still be impressive?
Several scouts have indicated that 1996 is a weak year for goaltenders on a whole, that being said it is a good opportunity for a good goalie to really stand out. I don't know any of the players from the coast but Harrison Whitlock and Payton Lee are 2 that come to mind that are playing in the interior. Just so happens that 1 is at POE and the other is at OHA.

Old
09-18-2010, 10:22 AM
spexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgoalies View Post
I watched North Delta play the other night, and their smaller goalie, don't know his name, was technically very good. The team in front of him, however, is very weak. There's no way they'll play tier one.

Old
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
spexpert

Best chance to see two of the better 96 goalies is this Monday night at Minoru, where Seafair plays South Delta. Possible matchup Cronier, Seafair,vs Bogas, South Delta.