HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

June 28 prediction...

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
June 26 prediction...

I wrote in an other mail I wouldnt be surprised about Hainsey going to Colombus since they where interested in the past. However, I just had the though that Garon may be an attractive goaltender for Colombus... since I don't see Garon being traded to a team from the East conference and since there will be a great player available at the fourth spot, I would now not be surprised to see Garon and Hainsey going to Colombus for their first pick. I am not, and I don't want you to speculate on what a fair trade would be.... it's just that both these players would fit in Colombus... giving them two good goaltenders and a young defensman.

It's not that I think we should trade Garon, but if Habs no.3 pick (expecting Oveshkin and Malkin are no.1 and no.2) is still available when Colombus will speak, then it would worth it.

Last edited by Kafka: 06-15-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old
06-15-2004, 03:24 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
First of all they don't have the third round pick but the fourth and I will not against this trade I don't really care if Hainsey leave but if Quintal retire he can be our 6th defenceman but I don't like the idea to trade Garon at all we need him he is one of the best 2nd goaltender in the league if there are hockey next I will give him more games like 30 , 40 and see what he can do if he doin great it will not be a bad idea to put him #1 goalie.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Marksman

First of all they were offered Hainsey, but WERENT interested and went for Svitov instead.

Secondly, why would they need Garon? Denis is quite adequate for present, that team isnt going anywhere for awhile - and they have Leclaire coming up in couple years time.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
First of all they don't have the third round pick but the fourth and I will not against this trade I don't really care if Hainsey leave but if Quintal retire he can be our 6th defenceman but I don't like the idea to trade Garon at all we need him he is one of the best 2nd goaltender in the league if there are hockey next I will give him more games like 30 , 40 and see what he can do if he doin great it will not be a bad idea to put him #1 goalie.
Where have you read that I said Colombus was drafting third? I said they have the fourth spot.... and said that if Habs no.3 prospect (each team has it's own list.... they don't follow the THN list brainlessly), then they should go for it.

Anyway, there is no room for Hainsey... Quintal is a right handed D-man while Markov, Souray and Bouillon are all L-handed D-mens.... and anyway, Quintal is already out of the top 6 d-mens of the roster with Brisebois-Komisarek and Rivet on the right side.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
First of all they were offered Hainsey, but WERENT interested and went for Svitov instead.

Secondly, why would they need Garon? Denis is quite adequate for present, that team isnt going anywhere for awhile - and they have Leclaire coming up in couple years time.
While I am not think like you on the second part, I didn't know about the first one. According to what I read, Colombus wanted Hainsey.

Since you don't just go to a team and offer a player, what were the Habs looking for? Sydor?

Old
06-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Kafka

Just noticed the idea of sending Hainsey to Colombus was brought again in the thread: Will Gainey on Draft Day...

In fact, that is the hitrd time since I wrote the idea of sending Hainsey to Colombus (but not for the fourth overall pick)... I don't like the idea of sending two young players there, specially if we give our 18th overall pick too.

In that draft, it seems a good idea to trade up if you can grab a top 5 overall pick.... there doesn't seem to be a great difference between spots 6 to 50.

Like I said, I am not willing on trading Garon, but if what we get back in return is good, then we should go for it.

The thing is that Garon will need to play if we want something back for him..... SJ got a 2nd overall for Kiprusoff... a goaltender's value isn't terrible when he is not allowed to play.

Old
06-15-2004, 04:13 PM
hockey_nut

...isn't the draft on the 26th...

Old
06-15-2004, 04:15 PM
E = CH²

Woohoo ! Another trade Garon thread. Original...

Old
06-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
While I am not think like you on the second part, I didn't know about the first one. According to what I read, Colombus wanted Hainsey.

Since you don't just go to a team and offer a player, what were the Habs looking for? Sydor?
Sydor most likely, Gainey was familar with him from his Stars days and Markov was hurt at the time... so there would have been some room for him.

---

Hainsey dumped in favor of Bouillon? Uh... come on, do you honestly think he will be here after couple years.

Old
06-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Sydor most likely, Gainey was familar with him from his Stars days and Markov was hurt at the time... so there would have been some room for him.

---

Hainsey dumped in favor of Bouillon? Uh... come on, do you honestly think he will be here after couple years.
Is the draft gona be on TSN this year?????

Old
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Kafka

Quote:

---

I prefer a guy playing well WITH heart than a talented, heartless and egocentric guy like Hainsey that isn't welling to pay the price. The guy didn't change is attitude after more than two AHL seasons. Time to move on. With Souray (27) and Markov (25) and Bouillon (28) that I doubt would live the team if going UFA, you have there three L-d-men that complete themselves perfectly: two able to play on the PP, two able to play well defensively, and one able to replace the big hits Rivet isn't doing on the right side.

Old
06-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
I prefer a guy playing well WITH heart than a talented, heartless and egocentric guy like Hainsey that isn't welling to pay the price. The guy didn't change is attitude after more than two AHL seasons. Time to move on. With Souray (27) and Markov (25) and Bouillon (28) that I doubt would live the team if going UFA, you have there three L-d-men that complete themselves perfectly: two able to play on the PP, two able to play well defensively, and one able to replace the big hits Rivet isn't doing on the right side.
Problem is, Souray isnt a great puck moving D, and Markov is not enough. We badly need Hainsey to develope into a good puck moving D. You need at least two good puck movers!

Old
06-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Kafka

So you would bring him up and give him 7th-8th d-man duties as a 22 years old???

Old
06-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Marksman

Quote:
So you would bring him up and give him 7th-8th d-man duties as a 22 years old???
I would. They kept Komisarek last year even though there wasnt seemingly room for him at first. Hainsey has physique and skill tools needed, all he needs is to put it together mentally. Julien did a good job with Ribeiro and Ryder, and if Gainey could put Brisebois head together I dont see any problem with Hainsey - or Hossa for that matter.

I like Bouillon, but I'm sorry, when he goes after big forward he looks like bug hitting windscreen. Got that feeling often in playoff time. Hes good 7th dman to have around, but should not become obstacle giving Hainsey some icetime.

Besides, Hainsey cant be sent down anymore and Hans arent pressed with their 23 man roster.

Last edited by Marksman: 06-15-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old
06-15-2004, 05:42 PM
EaGLE1

On june 28 the Conservatives will rule this country

Old
06-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Kafka

Quote:
I would. They kept Komisarek last year even though there wasnt seemingly room for him at first. Hainsey has physique and skill tools needed, all he needs is to put it together mentally. Julien did a good job with Ribeiro and Ryder, and if Gainey could put Brisebois head together I dont see any problem with Hainsey - or Hossa for that matter.

I like Bouillon, but I'm sorry, when he goes after big forward he looks like bug hitting windscreen. Got that feeling often in playoff time. Hes good 7th dman to have around, but should not become obstacle giving Hainsey some icetime.

Besides, Hainsey cant be sent down anymore and Hans arent pressed with their 23 man roster.
Komisarek was 21. Hainsey will be 23. Using a 21 years old kid half of the games isn't a bad thing.... but at 23, you should see regular ice time.... at 23, Dimitri Kallinin is already the no.1 D-man on his team. Hainsey needs an other full time season, and since there is not much place on the roster, I wouldn't mind trading him if we get something good back.

I know we have no depth on defense in our prospects, and if Hainsey isn't drafted at the draft, I just hope he gets an incredible camp.

Closed Thread