HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Old
11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
vaneksniper26*

vCash: 500
Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

How much longer is Lindy going to let this line stay together? There is absolutely no chemistry whatsoever , and im getting really sick and tired of seeing these guys step over the blue line and take a shot, get deflected and go in the crowd. Or my personal favorite hecht Takes the puck around the net gets checked into the glass , and the puck comes back the other way.

Got to love the -7 for Pominville and Connolly, while Hecht has the -4. I dont have a problem with pommers as much as the other 2. They need to be in the press box.

vaneksniper26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:49 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

This line has been god awful the entire season. Tonight they failed to generate a single scoring chance in the entire game. Unacceptable from a #2 line.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Pominville has been awful.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

They've all 3 sucked, Poms and Hecht have combined for 6 points in 31 games, and Connolly has been a weak-kneed turnover machine all season.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Sabreality

its that black hole in the middle...i didnt think HP were bad tonite.

i'd much rather see Hecht-Adam-Pom right now.

bag o pucks for Tinman please

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:05 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
They were actually starting to play well against Vancouver.

But now they're back to not doing ****. The piece that needs to get that line going is Connolly. He's simply not getting it done. Heck, he's not getting anything done.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Husko

Should put Hecht with Neids and Grier and see if we can at least get a legit shutdown pair. Then put Gerbe with Connolly and Pominville to see if he can get them going. Or maybe even one of the bangers.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Hal2000

I cant believe I'm saying this but I kinda miss Stafford..

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
While Connolly has been everyone's favorite whipping boy... Pominville has been far more useless then Tim this year.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
While Connolly has been everyone's favorite whipping boy... Pominville has been far more useless then Tim this year.
Probably true, Pominville has regressed in literally every facet of his game. At least Connolly has been solid being the lone forward killing a 5 on 3. We've seen flashes of Connolly offensively but has had so many terrible turnovers that are killers. Pominville just hasn't done much of anything altogether. Until Stafford comes back, I'd try what Husko suggested and see if Gerbe replacing Hecht can do anything for Poms and Connolly. I can't imagine that line being any worse than HCP is at the moment and maybe it will help special Nieds and Grier. If not, try McCormick on that line again or something. Hell I don't even know at this point what to try with our current lineup, just that this line needs to get broken up, at least in the short term.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Ghills23

I really hate Pominville's contract.

and Connolly's too.

Last edited by Ghills23: 11-17-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Ghills23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
goooal

Hecht has had trouble offensively all season, I would guess it's due to his finger trouble (last time I checked he was either first or second in missed shots on the team). Connolly at this point is probably shell shocked, I don't know if he'll be able to turn his game around for his (presumably) short while left in Buffalo. Pommer suffered a concussion. I've never had a concussion so I can't say how it affects a person but it may very well be a bit more till he gets his feet back under him.

What can be done about these things? Well, time is needed for Pommer and Hecht, I think. For Connolly...not sure there's anything we can do.

Hopefully Stafford and Gerbe are back soon so we have more options for shaking up the top six. Also wouldn't totally mind seeing a Luke Adam call up every once in awhile...tonight would have been good (really wish we wouldn't have played Gerbe).

goooal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Stafford-TCons-Pommer
Hecht brings barely anything offensively.

Put Hecht with Gerbe and Goose.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Pominville has probably been our most useless player this year. Sure our PK got a tad better when he returned, but if he gets anywhere near his on pace point totals by the end of the year, he should be chased out of the city with torches and pitchforks. You don't pay 5.3 million dollars for a decent PKer with little to no offensive creativity.

Last edited by Ron Barr: 11-17-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Ennis - Roy - Vanek
Hecht - Gerbe - Pominville
Ellis - Connolly - Grier
Niedermayer - Gaustad - McCormick

or

Ennis - Roy - Vanek
Gerbe - Connolly - McCormick
Hecht - Niedermayer - Grier
Ellis - Gaustad - Pominville

When Healthy

Ennis - Roy - Vanek
Gerbe - Connolly - Stafford
Hecht - Niedermayer - McCormick
Ellis - Gaustad - Kaleta
Pominville
Grier

Pommers and Grier get a wake-up call

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:56 PM
goooal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Pominville has probably been our most useless player this year. Sure our PK got a tad better when he returned, but if he gets anywhere near his on pace point totals by the end of the year, he should be chased out of the city with torches and pitchforks. You don't pay 5.3 million dollars for a decent PKer with little to no offensive creativity.
He's proven that he has offensive ability. Ten (offensively) lousy games that were interrupted by a concussion does not erase multiple years of being a very able RW (as I made the argument in another thread, a top 30 RW).

goooal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghills23 View Post
I really hate Pominville's contract.

and Connolly's too.
At least Connolly's goes away after this year.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
joshjull

I actually thought they weren't that bad last night.

I only watched the 2nd and 3rd periods but from what I saw they had some good cycles and some scoring chances. They also had a great play that led to the wonderful scoring chance Pommer put over the net. Connolly made a great play along the boards in our zone. He took the hit to make the pass to a streaking Hecht who flew down the LW wing. Sekera joined the rush and went to the net which cleared out the defense for Hecht's crossing pass to Pommer. Unfortunately the puck was on end, Pommer had to decide to settle it down and possible lose the scoring chance or shoot it. He shot and we all saw it sail over the net. But the fact that they are finally creating a chance like that is a good thing.

I really don't think any one player on that line is bringing it down. I think collectively they are trying to get their groove back.

They've only been together 8 games since Pommer's return from his concussion. Had they been together since day 1 and were still struggling I would be very worried (not that I'm not worrying at all). I'm surprised as anyone that they haven't started clicking sooner. But the last two games have given me some hope. They've had success in the past and I see no reason they can't play their way out of it.

It also doesn't help their perception as a line that they pale in comparison to the top line. In fact even on their game they will not look as dynamic as the Ennis/Roy/Vanek line can. They can have you out of your seat even without scoring.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
aceface33

I also liked the line last night. Ditto what Josh said on some good cycles and scoring chances from them. It's something to build on. One thing about Pominville too is that the PK has been a ton better since his return.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

The line was only good when Connolly was playing decently last year. ****** Connolly = ****ttttty HCP line

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Lloydchristmas138

When healthy:
Ennis - Roy - Vanek
Gerbe - McCormick - Pominville
Hecht - Connolly - Stafford
Nieds/Grier - Gaustad - Kaleta

Can't wait to not see Connolly on this team

Lloydchristmas138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Poms has regressed, but I'm not sure why. Back in the Briere days (HBP line), I used to think Poms was a true finisher - a natural sniper you could depend upon to bury the puck when you set him up nicely. That guy is gone, and I don't think it's because of Briere's absence. In the first game against the Caps, Poms had 5 official shots on goal, and about 5 more that missed, several of which were primo- scoring chances that he would have buried a few years ago. Connolly and others were setting him up really well for the score, but he wound up with bagels on the score sheet.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Poms has regressed, but I'm not sure why. Back in the Briere days (HBP line), I used to think Poms was a true finisher - a natural sniper you could depend upon to bury the puck when you set him up nicely. That guy is gone, and I don't think it's because of Briere's absence. In the first game against the Caps, Poms had 5 official shots on goal, and about 5 more that missed, several of which were primo- scoring chances that he would have buried a few years ago. Connolly and others were setting him up really well for the score, but he wound up with bagels on the score sheet.
Pominville has been a sure miss on any good scoring chances he's gotten this year. I seem to remember that from him last year as well. He just hasn't been able to finish.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Howdy Buffalo Fans,
I'm doing up the Kings GDT for our game with you guys Friday ...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=843445
... looked through your GDT's and such and didn't find much to go by,
so I figured ask here, any help w/ Roster Line Combo's, D pairings, injuries, Team Links, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

GO KINGS GO !!!, but good luck w/ Friday's Game and your season, hope both teams make the Playoffs, you guys played us great last year the 1 time a season we play you, so hoping for another good game.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Howdy Buffalo Fans,
I'm doing up the Kings GDT for our game with you guys Friday ...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=843445
... looked through your GDT's and such and didn't find much to go by,
so I figured ask here, any help w/ Roster Line Combo's, D pairings, injuries, Team Links, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

GO KINGS GO !!!, but good luck w/ Friday's Game and your season, hope both teams make the Playoffs, you guys played us great last year the 1 time a season we play you, so hoping for another good game.
Ennis - Roy - Vanek
Hecht - Connolly - Pominville
Ellis - Niedermayer - McCormick
Gerbe - Gaustad - Grier

Sekera - Myers
Leopold - Montador
Morrisson - Butler

Miller
Lalime

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote