Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hanging with Colborne, Kampfer and Bartkowski

Old
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Section77

vCash: 500
Hanging with Colborne, Kampfer and Bartkowski

Joe Colborne, Steve Kampfer and Matt Bartkowski are enjoying their first year in the pros.

Here's a story on them from the projo:

http://www.projo.com/pbruins/content...241e4a41d.html

Section77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

There's a quote in there that marks Colborne as the Canadian of the trio-- when he refers to making "Kraft Dinner"

It's called Kraft Macaroni & Cheese south of the border...

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
There's a quote in there that marks Colborne as the Canadian of the trio-- when he refers to making "Kraft Dinner"

It's called Kraft Macaroni & Cheese south of the border...
Damn, I was hoping he called someone a 'hoser' Actually the article is pretty funny. You forget that they are just kids really. And while we're on here figuring out their spot on a Stanley Cup contender, they're playing 'Call Of Duty' and figuring out how to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

Last edited by mikelvl: 11-19-2010 at 02:01 PM.
mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Damn, I was hoping he called someone a 'hoser' Actually the article is pretty funny. You forget that they are just kids really. And while we're on here figuring out their spot on a Stanley Cup contender, they're playing 'Call Of Duty' and figuring out how to make grilled cheese sandwiches.
I went to a military college- at night, we'd get pretty damn hungry, but couldn't just leave campus for a burger.

Senior year, we were allowed to have fridges in our rooms- my roommate and I invested in a grilled cheese sandwich maker and stocked up bread, butter and American cheese each week and then made sandwiches during evening study period. We sold them to underclassmen who had no such access to refrigeration and made a serious killing-- kept us in beer and wings every weekend that year when we were allowed out on the town.

Point of the story-- never underestimate the power (and allure) of grilled cheese when you don't have other options!

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Serpico4ever

The one part of hockey that seems to always get undersold is the players personalities. This was a great article. I remember watching all the US Olympic Hockey team interviews in Vancouver and thinking that if they just marketed the game half as well as any other league, the NHL would be right up there.

Since leaving Providence last year, I haven't had much of an oportunity to watch the Baby B's. I wish they'd show the games on NESN, but I guess that's asking too much. Maybe if they somehow involve the Red Sox they'd air it. Seriously though, the Dunk is an awesome facility, but it'd be nice to catch the Providence games on a regular basis.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
misterjaggers

Does Alexandrov have a roommate? I suppose to do an article on him would require borrowing a student interpreter from Brown's Slavic Languages department.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote