Notices

Is Iggy LA Bound?

Old
11-16-2010, 08:41 PM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Is Iggy LA Bound?

http://twitter.com/ThePipelineShow/s...20752204972033

May be best thing for him but I am not so sure for Calgary.

Last edited by abracanada: 11-16-2010 at 09:40 PM.
abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Beats By CoRD
Shoeless Hudler

vCash: 50
There had better be a 1st in there if it happens. I don't want to see Iggy go but it might be the best thing for him and the team.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:26 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 50
Quote:
On the air now, Schenn sent down, how long till he's a Flame? listen online www.thepipelineshow.com
Quote:
Schenn has played only 8 games, 9 would burn year of his contract, so Kings leaving choice up to Flames if a deal goes down.
This guy seems really sure of it, how credible is the pipeline show?

I honestly don't want Iggy gone, and don't see Sutter wanting him gone either, that would mean we already gave up on this season, it it were to happen I'd want Schenn, 1st +

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
There had better be a 1st in there if it happens.
It'll be a pretty late 1st pick. Still needs more.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
abracanada

Yep, I suspect it would take more than Schen and a first rounder.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Yep, I suspect it would take more than Schen and a first rounder.
Not on HF though. Apparently Schenn alone is too much. A teenager that has yet to prove anything in the NHL suddenly worth more than Iginla . Dumb, but as long as it isn't Lombardi's mindset (which I highly doubt it is), it doesn't matter.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
I guess LA will become my 2nd favourite team then.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:18 PM
tfong

Schenn + Kozun + 1st

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Noori

Mackenzie and Dreger both saying it's not happening. Fabricated sources/saying LA and Calgary have never even discussed Iginla.

Old
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

With Iginla in a funk and the Flames struggling, it's no surprise the Iginla trade rumors are goin' around. I don't buy it, though. Especially due to how early it is in the season.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Well Eklund hasn't reported anything on the rumor, so surely it can't be true.

Come to think of it, if he hasn't reported it then maybe there is truth to it lol.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:58 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Mackenzie and Dreger both saying it's not happening. Fabricated sources/saying LA and Calgary have never even discussed Iginla.
Dreger seems to have reliable inside info on the Flames, he's broken a few trades in the past a day or two early so I'd trust this.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
damacles1156

Completely Fabricated, just like ever single Trade rumor that has popped up for Iggy this season.

I wouldn't trust the source unless it came from the Calgary front office itself.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:51 AM
ACE70*

Iggy and Smitty on the same team?

Can't imagine Iggy ever leaving Calgary though..

ACE70* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Lunatik*

a writer for the Kings said the Flames had talked to the FLames about Iginla too... Schenn was also mentioned in that one...

as for Bobby Mac & Dreger debunking it... they were shocked when Tanguay became a Flame... despite us all knowing it was very possible... their Flames connections aren't that solid

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:29 AM
harmfuljays

Send a message via AIM to harmfuljays Send a message via MSN to harmfuljays Send a message via Yahoo to harmfuljays
I won't be the least bit surprised when and if this trade to the Kings happens. But I think Luntaik is right Mac and Dregger aren't as dialed in as they think they are with the Flames. Who can be with that crazy man in the front office?

harmfuljays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:50 AM
slappipappi

LA balked at Kovy in the $5M range, who's young and producing, because they wanted to save cap room for their young stars like Doughty who will shortly make big money.

With Iggy still having 2.8 years left at $7M, I don't see them that interested.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
a writer for the Kings said the Flames had talked to the FLames about Iginla too... Schenn was also mentioned in that one...

as for Bobby Mac & Dreger debunking it... they were shocked when Tanguay became a Flame... despite us all knowing it was very possible... their Flames connections aren't that solid
Lol, I know what you are trying to say though. I am nto sure if Sutter would trade Iginla within the west though IF this is in the cards.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

A couple of things, a lot of times where there's smoke theres fire. Lunatik posted a thread a couple of weeks ago and put a link out on a story that Sutter offered Iginla for a package involving Schenn and some other parts. Now this is the second rumor that has come to light. I am not saying that it means that it is absolutely true because of course a lot rumors never pan out. But if the story keeps surfacing then maybe there is SOME truth to it. And I agree, Dreger and MacKenzie do not have access to everything that goes on in hockey. Moving Iginla would be hush, hush. IF Iginla decided to publically waive his no trade clause that would be a huge story in itself and the media would be running rampid and that would cause a huge distraction to the Flames and Kings. So the fact that the TSN crew does not know anything if something is going down wouldn't surprise me.

And also for people saying the Lombardi would not give up Schenn because he would not offer him to Atl, those comparisions are not fair. There was a chance that Kovy could of walked at the end of last season, which is why he wouldn't offer up his young talent for a potential rental. Not to mention Lombardi would of had a good chance to just sign him in the offseason and give up nothing. Iginla is still signed for multiple years so he would be getting something back tangible that won't be walking away any time soon. I think because of all the young talent LA has, Schenn is somewhat expendible because Iginla would give them a legitmate shot at winning the Cup right now.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Lol, I know what you are trying to say though. I am nto sure if Sutter would trade Iginla within the west though IF this is in the cards.
IF Iginla is traded the Flames will not be competing for the Cup this year, so it doesn't really matter if Iginla was traded to the Oilers. Sutter will be looking for the best offer out there regardless of what the team is.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
IF Iginla is traded the Flames will not be competing for the Cup this year, so it doesn't really matter if Iginla was traded to the Oilers. Sutter will be looking for the best offer out there regardless of what the team is.
I really hope so.... after those Jokinen and Staios deals in March I am never sure lately. Then the Flames are losing lately too which could push that desperation button again.

God I hope it is the best deal again IF there is a deal.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
LA balked at Kovy in the $5M range, who's young and producing, because they wanted to save cap room for their young stars like Doughty who will shortly make big money.

With Iggy still having 2.8 years left at $7M, I don't see them that interested.
Lombardi didn't balk at Kovalchuk's cap hit... he balked at the length... ther eis a huge difference between $7 million for just under 3 years and $5+ million for more than a decade

and how exactly is Kovalchuk producing and Iginla isn't?... you are aware that Iginla has 1 more point in 1 less game right?

do us all a favour and stop making things up and don't post unless you actually know what you are talking about

Old
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
if we trade Iginla we won't be contending during his contract so it won't matter where we trade him... when you deal your franchise player you need to maximize your return and not worry about where he is going... IMO the only teams off limits in an Iginla deal are Vancouver and Edmonton because Iginla going to either of those franchses would destroy the Flames relationship with the fans... and they are going to lose enough by going into a rebuild

Old
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
jtommyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Lombardi didn't balk at Kovalchuk's cap hit... he balked at the length... ther eis a huge difference between $7 million for just under 3 years and $5+ million for more than a decade

and how exactly is Kovalchuk producing and Iginla isn't?... you are aware that Iginla has 1 more point in 1 less game right?

do us all a favour and stop making things up and don't post unless you actually know what you are talking about
Also, when was Kovy ever being offered 5 per?

The Kings were rumoured to have offered 7-8 per for a five year deal before jersey came along with their ridiculous 100 million dollar deal. Iggy fits right into that same pricepoint, and despite being a few years older, brings a more marketable personality, better leadership, and arguably a bigger impact on the ice.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
Also, when was Kovy ever being offered 5 per?

The Kings were rumoured to have offered 7-8 per for a five year deal before jersey came along with their ridiculous 100 million dollar deal. Iggy fits right into that same pricepoint, and despite being a few years older, brings a more marketable personality, better leadership, and arguably a bigger impact on the ice.
I thought I heard the Kings just fell just short and offered a similar cap hit at 2 or 3 fewer years... regardless we can agree he just trying to feed people false information