Notices

Zach Bogosian

Old
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

vCash: 500
Zach Bogosian

From the trade board for those who don't check it, but an interesting concept came up over there and wanted to see how you guys felt about it.

Boston gets Zach Bogosian
Atlanta gets Colborne + Torontos 1st.

Bogo's still on his ELC, which I'm not sure how that effect the Bonus Cushion, would his cap hit for us be 3.375 for that he achieved in Atlanta during the previous season, or would it be a clean slate for us at the 875k? If the 875 is taken and his bonus's go towards our cushion, very little salary would have to be adjusted than already needs to be.

But either way, his contract is up at the end of the year, we'd have the money freed up by then to resign him.

Interesting thought though for a former 3rd pick behind Mr. Stamkos and Mr Doughty, and a guy that some suggested be taken over Doughty.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Our 1st and I do that deal.

NordicBruin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:52 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Some one sell me on Bogosian, because I don't think he is worth this proposal. I hoesntly think he is over rated simply by his draft position,

He is currently second on the Thrashers TOI; first ES, 6th SH and 3rd PP

Last edited by finchster: 11-18-2010 at 02:57 PM.
finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Where do I sign?

MillerTime 86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I think that a similar package should be used for a trade with Nashville. They would seem more likely to give up a young defenseman. Blum? Suter? Ellis? Franson?

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Some one sell me on Bogosian, because I don't think he is worth this proposal. I hoesntly think he is over rated simply by his draft position,
Bobby Orr is the reason he wears number 4.

But in all honesty, he's a big body on the back end, plays physical, he's got a very solid shot from the blue line but he also is quick with the puck, can move it well. Willing to drop them. Can play PP, 5 on 5, and PK.

While he's taking a little bit to get going this season with a shoulder injury, the kid has the package and the potential to be the real deal, and really is perfect for what the Bruins are looking for, someone who can provide offense from the back end while still being able to hold their own defensively. Also he's a righty, which we don't have much of.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:01 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
I think that a similar package should be used for a trade with Nashville. They would seem more likely to give up a young defenseman. Blum? Suter? Ellis? Franson?
I think Suter and Weber are the untouchables on that d corps. I like Franson a lot

Old
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post

But in all honesty, he's a big body on the back end, plays physical, he's got a very solid shot from the blue line but he also is quick with the puck, can move it well. Willing to drop them. Can play PP, 5 on 5, and PK.

While he's taking a little bit to get going this season with a shoulder injury, the kid has the package and the potential to be the real deal, and really is perfect for what the Bruins are looking for, someone who can provide offense from the back end while still being able to hold their own defensively. Also he's a righty, which we don't have much of.
Team needs a puck mover, not another big body who can drop em. If you're gonna give up a propect like Colborne AND TO's first you best be getting something you need.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post

Currently he is 6th on the Thrashers with Enstrom getting more PK time than him. Usually not a sign of someone who can play PK .

Last year he was 5th on the Thrashers for PK time he is young and can develop, but i am not sure if playing the PK is something he can do at this point in his career.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
LucicIsABeast

But its so exciting to watch the status of the pick...

LucicIsABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:05 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
It better be sutter. I love Blum, and might give up Colborne for him, but NO way on earth would I give up the Toronto pick for him. franson is off to a hot start, but no way I give up both for him. Ellis, personally I wouldn't give up Colborne for him

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
I think Suter and Weber are the untouchables on that d corps. I like Franson a lot
Not enough. Sort of soft for a big kid, doesn't have plus skating, but his overall game and whatnot is pretty solid. He'd definitely help but he doesn't have the exact skillset this team needs IMO. In a trade with Nashville I'd tried to get Roussel (and Colin Wilson, ha).

As far as this trade proposal. I'd do it in heart beat if it was our #1... but be wary if it was Toronto's.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Savynquick*

Wow massive massive overpayment by us. Gross.

I mean look at what trading Hossa or Kovi cost those teams. You want to give up MORE for this guy? Come on.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I would much rather trade for Cody Franson than Zach Bogosian. Franson wouldn't be that hard to get since Nashville has plenty of talent at the D-core and it wouldn't cost us much to get him. Maybe Sturm/Ryder, Hunwick and a mediocre pick or prospect.

Am I totally blowing this out of proportion anyone?

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Wheeler-Savard-Seguin
Sturm-Bergeron-Caron/Recchi
Marchand-Campbell-Thornton

Chara Boychuck
Franson Seidenberg
Stuart Ference/McQuiad

I can live with that line-up.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Team needs a puck mover, not another big body who can drop em. If you're gonna give up a propect like Colborne AND TO's first you best be getting something you need.
That's the thing...he has all that but also has great speed out of the back end, possesses the puck very well and can move the puck nicely. Very smooth player.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Yeah definitely on Weber. Suter, they should keep, but I don't know, I think a great offer could get him.

What do you know about Blum? How is he at even strength? I thought he'd make the jump from the A this year, but I guess they are working Franson in right now.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
hubby1746

Pass. If its our 1st I would think about it. Toronto's 1st, I mean Ryan Murphy....is too much.

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Currently he is 6th on the Thrashers with Enstrom getting more PK time than him. Usually not a sign of someone who can play PK .

Last year he was 5th on the Thrashers for PK time he is young and can develop, but i am not sure if playing the PK is something he can do at this point in his career.
He's barely getting back to full health for this year, and last year he was still only 19, gotta keep that in mind. While he's been on the team all three years, they're still slowly developing him, like any defenseman usually takes...I'm looking more back at his Peterborough days in referencing to the PK.

Old
Savynquick*

You wouldn't do Krejci for ZB straight up, and that Toronto pick + Colborne is potentially worth more in the nhl market than Krejci. Just sayin....

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

To me it depends as this is really a long term move. 1st off does Bogosian present more capabilities and value to this team than Colborne + a guy like Murphy? And while we're there, I guess the question would be, how high do we believe that pick will be?

Additionally, do we think that 1. Seguin will continue to be a center or will he slide to wing and 2. will Savard return and in what form will he be going forward?

Colborne in many minds is another potential top line center and he's started to pick it up at the AHL level. If Savard were not to return to form or let's say (and god forbid) retire prematurely, Colborne does present another offensively gifted center option (and one that has some size though he has to still add weight). And Savard and Krejci being down should make it very clear that this organization requires top performers in that position in order to succeed.

In my mind I would be very hesitant to move both of those cards in one move. I don't have enough insight into Bogosian's game to say yes or no on the deal, but any deal including the two I would be extremely cautious with as it does impact our future significantly.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
LucicTrain*

Toronto's 1st is off limit with were the Leafs look to be headed.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain View Post
Toronto's 1st is off limit with were the Leafs look to be headed.
We need NJ to hopefully turn it around tonight vs the Leafs, I agree we better not trade that TOR pick because it might be another top 5 pick.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

I'm trying to figure out why Atlanta gives up on Bogo.

Wealth of high end D? Nope.
Colborne a sure fire superstar? Nope.
Center being an organizational weakness? Nope. (Antropov, Peverly, Little, Burmistrov, Cormier, Esposito)

The only reason I can see that they'd do it would be to draft in Toronto's spot, but that's kind of a wild card no? Sexy to the fanbase, not so sexy to a GM that's put good money into a damn solid young defensive prospect.

I honestly don't think Atlanta touches it with a 10 foot poll. We want Bogo, we're talking Seguin imo, and no tanks on that one.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:16 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

nope....not enticing enough. ZB is interesting, but he has not blossomed to what his projections were. If it were just colborne.....then maybe.
TO's #1 is far too valuable and can easily obtain a plyer of ZB caliber or better.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Bill Ladd's reasoning.

"My thinking is that Atlanta has some tough choices to make.

Seems to me like they want to keep their payroll around $40m, and they've got $29 committed to next year.

Byfuglien and Enstrom are playing like All-Stars and if Buffy keeps it up, he'll be due a big raise this summer. Ladd is also playing great (a point per game) and in line for a big raise.

And they've got to remember to keep space available for Evander Kane after next season, who's on pace for 30 goals right now.

So I'm thinking that Evander's their guy. Defense is an area of strength. And if they can convert Bogosian into another potential top10 pick (and a top6 forward) then they don't really lose out in terms of asset value, and they save millions of dollars over the next three years."