HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa @ St. Louis | 8:00 | Sportsnet East, RDS! ] Losers will lose...5-2 lost

Old
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Just turn things around. Do your jobs. We know you guys can do it, now do it

Even when you lose, fight until the end

And please Clouston, install a structure to the team, like last year at least. You can't play "randomly" in the NHL
This. As someone mentioned before Clouston is going through growing pains as a rookie/sophmore coach, and it's showing in the way the guys are trying to implement his system.

I'm never a fan of hiring a coach without experience at the NHL level, but we went through 3 and this one seems to be the better of them.

It's just painful and frustrating to watch seeing how the team before Murray became the GM was playing in the cup finals only 3 seasons ago.

11-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Rooverick*

vCash: 500
We are too slow a team to not move our feet. On too many occassions this year, we've forgotten this important fact. Last night we stopped skating after taking all the penalties in the 2nd.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:39 PM
CR15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
The only 2 shots we got close to the paint were goals, get to the net you ****in bunch of soft *******.

On the other hand look how many our soft D allow in and around Elliott imagine what our goalies could do if there were only 2 shots from the door step for a whole game.

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:49 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
EVERY game these charts are so telling, our team acts like a bunch of ****ing *******, they try to be skilled like the Red Wings, but they aren't the damn Red Wings.

Go to the god damn net, especially Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, stop trying to cycle for an hour and lose the puck, and throw a bad angle shot on net and go for the rebound. Same goes for the rest of the team.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:23 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Agree.

Someone close to them passed. You just can't turn that off.
I doubt that any of the players are actually grieving. I'm sure they all feel bad for the Richardson's, but I can't imagine any of them are really deeply affected.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:30 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I doubt that any of the players are actually grieving. I'm sure they all feel bad for the Richardson's, but I can't imagine any of them are really deeply affected.
Picture having children, now picture someone you are close with or even just work with, now picture their child committing suicide. Now you go ahead and tell me you would not be deeply affected knowing how much you love your children and facing someone who has lost theirs in such a tragic way .....

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:36 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Picture having children, now picture someone you are close with or even just work with, now picture their child committing suicide. Now you go ahead and tell me you would not be deeply affected knowing how much you love your children and facing someone who has lost theirs in such a tragic way .....
Thats an excuse if your kid died. Not if some girl you probably saw only a handful of time dies.

Example, i have a friend named steve, who has a sister who i see once or twice a year. If she commited suicide, why would that effect me at my job days and days later?

If it was luke richardson who commited suicide than sure. Because in that case the players would know him on a personal level. I highly doubt daron was coming to the rink with her dad and hanging out with the boys every day. They weren't really close at all. They were close with someone who was close. Sure, it sucks for the team to see luke so sad.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:36 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
The thing is it's been over a week.. You tell me how long you would be grieving over a co-workers misfortunes.. 2-3 days tops?

Without trying to sound like a cold hearted *****, it's not as if Luke is one of the players out there on the ice.

Unless your best friends with the guy for over a good amount of years, I think the grieving process for at least the players would have been paid for.

The game against Carolina is excusable, the game against St. Louis is not.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Gil Gunderson

Philly and St. Louis now. The team is in position to be in the game or even keep the lead, but dumbass penalties suck the momentum out of them.

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
The thing is it's been over a week.. You tell me how long you would be grieving over a co-workers misfortunes.. 2-3 days tops?

Without trying to sound like a cold hearted *****, it's not as if Luke is one of the players out there on the ice.

Unless your best friends with the guy for over a good amount of years, I think the grieving process for at least the players would have been paid for.
No no I would never think that, I am not using it as an excuse to play poor hockey, I am simply stating human psychology thoughts of losing your own child don't cross your mind until you see it. Being close to someone like they are with Luke I can just imagine what's going through a player's mind with a child like Alfie, Spezz or even the newly married Fisher (who probably want's to have a family soon). Again poor hockey is poor hockey but for people on this board to say ok it's been a week let's get over it, thought's of losing your child just don't go away it's not like losing a cell phone.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
No no I would never think that, I am not using it as an excuse to play poor hockey, I am simply stating human psychology thoughts of losing your own child don't cross your mind until you see it. Being close to someone like they are with Luke I can just imagine what's going through a player's mind with a child like Alfie, Spezz or even the newly married Fisher (who probably want's to have a family soon). Again poor hockey is poor hockey but for people on this board to say ok it's been a week let's get over it, thought's of losing your child just don't go away it's not like losing a cell phone.
I see what you're saying, but how could they possibly be thinking about that every hour of the day to the point where they can't focus on their jobs? And it's not like it takes soooo much effort to be focused. They play 100 games a season(with playoffs and preaseason), practise 200 times, and train some more. Their game plan should be embedded into their heads and second nature. Now obviously teams are going to have stinkers here and there. They're only human. Everyone has bad games. But when we're losing big in several games in a row, there is no excuses. They are simply just playing like crap.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
I see what you're saying, but how could they possibly be thinking about that every hour of the day to the point where they can't focus on their jobs? And it's not like it takes soooo much effort to be focused. They play 100 games a season(with playoffs and preaseason), practise 200 times, and train some more. Their game plan should be embedded into their heads and second nature. Now obviously teams are going to have stinkers here and there. They're only human. Everyone has bad games. But when we're losing big in several games in a row, there is no excuses. They are simply just playing like crap.
Could of saved yourself time if you read the first sentence of what you quoted, the part where I stated I am not using it as an excuse to play poor hockey. Again these guys are professionals and if they miss the playoffs or finish dead last it is still not an excuse but like I said for people on this board who are like "ok it's been a week time to move on" it's simply not that easy that is all I am saying.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Minister of Offence

If we didn't march to the box and gift wrapped that game for the Blues we may have won the game and not been focusing on this tragedy as a cause for loss. On a day where they came straight from the ceremony, I get it...naturally you can expect they were emotionally drained and if not, had just gotten off the plane.

At this point, you can argue something like this could inspire strong play just as much as it could do the opposite. What I'm trying to say is...some people are giving too much attention to it...and others are giving it too little. The reality is, it falls somewhere in the middle which means it's basically a non-factor as far as their jobs go. The players know it's not an excuse anymore....although they said it wasn't an excuse in the first one, to not give them a mulligan on that one is plain insensitive.

From a professional perspective, I'm sure they've moved on. Just stop heading to the box.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Could of saved yourself time if you read the first sentence of what you quoted, the part where I stated I am not using it as an excuse to play poor hockey. Again these guys are professionals and if they miss the playoffs or finish dead last it is still not an excuse but like I said for people on this board who are like "ok it's been a week time to move on" it's simply not that easy that is all I am saying.
No lol i was basically agreeing with you except for the part where you think it must still be on their minds instead of the game. They should be thinking about it less and less with every given day to the point where come game time, it should be the furthest thing from their mind. Neil should be thinking about leveling guys. Michalek about sniping some. etc. Not thinking "oh no...what if i lost my kid" 24/7.

The rest i was basically agreeing with you on how it can't be an excuse and poor play is poor play.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:39 PM
OttawaGM

Clouston makes too many mistakes...

Why did he have Gonchar killing a 5-3 in the last minutes of a blowout? Was he looking to injure him?

Why did he switch up a working PP to put Kuba in Karlsson's place? Is he 'punishing' Karlsson for the recent penalties? Oh having a ****** PP is a good punishment, good idea.

Why did he put out 2 'balanced' PPs when the game was 3-1, rather than stack one to try and get back in the game 3-2?

Why do we suck in the 3rd period? Shouldn't the team be in shape by now and not run out of energy after 40 minutes?

Why do we always get scored on in bunches but never use a timeout to slow things down? Does he get to turn them in to the league after the game for cash?

Why does Kovalev have to tell him via the media that it would be a nice idea to play with the same players for more than 2 games in order to build some chemistry?

I'm sure there's more...

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:16 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Clouston makes too many mistakes...

Why did he have Gonchar killing a 5-3 in the last minutes of a blowout? Was he looking to injure him?

Why did he switch up a working PP to put Kuba in Karlsson's place? Is he 'punishing' Karlsson for the recent penalties? Oh having a ****** PP is a good punishment, good idea.

Why did he put out 2 'balanced' PPs when the game was 3-1, rather than stack one to try and get back in the game 3-2?

Why do we suck in the 3rd period? Shouldn't the team be in shape by now and not run out of energy after 40 minutes?

Why do we always get scored on in bunches but never use a timeout to slow things down? Does he get to turn them in to the league after the game for cash?

Why does Kovalev have to tell him via the media that it would be a nice idea to play with the same players for more than 2 games in order to build some chemistry?

I'm sure there's more...
First we don't alwas get scored on in bunches and yes when it does happen a time out should be called.As for the 3rd i don't think its a matter of not beening in shape but more of beeing a bit to cocky.A 5-2 game is really not a blow out down by 3 you still can come back.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
First we don't alwas get scored on in bunches and yes when it does happen a time out should be called.As for the 3rd i don't think its a matter of not beening in shape but more of beeing a bit to cocky.A 5-2 game is really not a blow out down by 3 you still can come back.
When was the last time the Sens came back to win a game trailing by 2 goals or more? I can't remember... As for being cocky, how can we be cocky when we're not even leading the game but either tied, or trailing by 1-2? The only way we win is if we have a 2-3 goal lead we can sit on through the 3rd period. If it's close after 2 then we'll be losing unless Elliott stands on his head.

Old
11-20-2010, 04:38 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
When was the last time the Sens came back to win a game trailing by more than 2 goals? I can't remember...
Thats not the point down 5-2 is not a blow out.

Old
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Did you watch the game? We score first followed by 5 unanswered goals by St. Louis... followed by one lonely fluke goal by Winchester in the dying minutes.. If that's not a 'blowout' I don't know what is. Maybe you only consider 10+ goals against to be a blowout?

Old
11-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
We scored 2 goals against a team that just got blown out several times. That's just as bad.

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 06:03 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Did you watch the game? We score first followed by 5 unanswered goals by St. Louis... followed by one lonely fluke goal by Winchester in the dying minutes.. If that's not a 'blowout' I don't know what is. Maybe you only consider 10+ goals against to be a blowout?
No lossing by 3 is not a blow out any way you cut it.A blow out as a rule is when you lose by a large amount of goals lossing by 3 is not a blow out.If the game is with in reach then its not a blow out if it was 5-0 then you could say it was a blow out.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
We scored 2 goals against a team that just got blown out several times. That's just as bad.
Yes that is bad not question about it.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Personally I find it really difficult for myself to question every single a move a coach makes when we don't know the whole story. We don't know what goes on in the locker room, how much effect Bryan Murray has on him and playing certain players. Its really easy to post on here saying CC is terrible look at this and this wtihout knowing all the facts.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
This. As someone mentioned before Clouston is going through growing pains as a rookie/sophmore coach, and it's showing in the way the guys are trying to implement his system.

I'm never a fan of hiring a coach without experience at the NHL level, but we went through 3 and this one seems to be the better of them.

It's just painful and frustrating to watch seeing how the team before Murray became the GM was playing in the cup finals only 3 seasons ago.
Yes it's frustrating. We all wished we could be the Red Wings of the east but we are more like the Canes, Ducks, Oilers, Lightning, Flames and now Devils and Hawks?

Success is not eternal and has to be shared.

We should have won a cup or two in that window of contention... Now we have to fight back to get back to that status and the best way to do it is with great drafting. Seems to be what is Murray doing

2012-13 (last year of Alfie, Fisher, Neil and Gonchar contracts)

Regin-Spezza-Butler
Michalek-Silfverberg-Petersson
Foligno-Fisher-Smith
Greening-O'Brien-Neil
Condra

Cowen-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Rundblad
Phillips-Gryba
Blood

Lehner
Elliott

We'll see what happens. They probably won't all pan out and we will see some UFA signings and players acquired through trades

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Max Power

I like turtles!

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote