HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers in talks to acquire Jarome Iginla

Old
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
agreed.

honestly im fairly happy with this team as is.

id be interested in picking up a blast from the point a-la MAB to dress only for the PP..but other than that, im fairly happy.

a #1 center to stick between frolov and gabby could be a problem, then again if Prospal comes back and plays well, that may sort itself out internally.
Definitely.

Even if they do get Iginla here, who is going to center him and Gabby? Would they even put them on the same line? If they don't, where do you put him, on the third line? Breaking up the "pack" line would be stupid. Then what would you do with Frolov if it's Iginla XXX Gabby? I guess he could sit pretty on the third line, but that might suck any production right out of him.

I don't know, this doesn't make much sense to me.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Randizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Wasn't trying to go after you man. In fact tried to show people you were a legit source just in case they speculated.
That wasn't meant for you, just a few guys that always have to hate or twist my Tweets around..

Just pointing out to those unfamiliar with my work, that when i get info from various sources (Must be 2 or more) i will then Tweet what i hear > Nothing more nothing less..

Randizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
n_a_c

The only way this would make sense to me is: trade Drury somewhere. Perhaps LA? Use the pieces picked up and others to trade for Iginla. I’d be happy if we ended up trading Drury + other none core pieces for Iginla.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Off limits:
Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Stepan, Sauer, Kreider, Werek, McDonagh, Horak, Thomas, Hagelin, Boyle, Prust, Valentenko, McIlrath

Available:
Christensen, Eminger, Gilroy, Grachev, Zuccarello, Bourque, Weise, Fasth, Tessier, Wong, Williams, Maggio

Rangers not willing to trade quality youth, no spare cap space.

Flames want youth and more cap space.

Not a match.

Only way this works for the Rangers is if the Flames take Drury and Rozsival back. They can't do it. And Drury and Iginla both need to approve of the deal.

Not happening.

I don't doubt the reporter, he did say "nothing imminent". And I don't doubt interest, but that's as far as it can go. Window shopping. Another words:

"May I help you?"
"No thanks, just looking."

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

awh man i always thought Iginla was a center..

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Calgary has a disgraceful prospect/young player group, they're going to want Grachev, Stepan, MDZ, McDonagh or McIlrath. No way do I want any of these guys to get traded. I'm am beyond excited for McIlrath to get to NY, more then I have ever been for a prospect. It will be such a breath of fresh air.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:16 PM
NYR510

Really want no part in this... I like what we have. Just stop with the over-the-hill players. Have we not learned with Redden?

NYR510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
NickPerriNYR

Why give up core players for a 34-year old? Will not happen! It will not make us contenders anyway, why?
A trade for Iggy would mean the Rangers lose one of Dubi-Cally-AA, one of McDonagh/Vtank, a draft pick, and probably one more asset. Will not happen.

NickPerriNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
NickPerriNYR

Take Zuccarello and Bourque off the list of trade bait.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
Really want no part in this... I like what we have. Just stop with the over-the-hill players. Have we not learned with Redden?
Whether or not Iginla is that guy, you can't marry yourself to an age limit.

Different guys become "finished" at different ages. That much is consistent in all sports. You can't turn yourself away from any over 30yr old player just because of Redden. Especially considering this team may be 1 player away from a cup.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
NickPerriNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Off limits:
Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Stepan, Sauer, Kreider, Werek, McDonagh, Horak, Thomas, Hagelin, Boyle, Prust, Valentenko, McIlrath

Available:
Christensen, Eminger, Gilroy, Grachev, Zuccarello, Bourque, Weise, Fasth, Tessier, Wong, Williams, Maggio

Rangers not willing to trade quality youth, no spare cap space.

Flames want youth and more cap space.

Not a match.

Only way this works for the Rangers is if the Flames take Drury and Rozsival back. They can't do it. And Drury and Iginla both need to approve of the deal.

Not happening.

I don't doubt the reporter, he did say "nothing imminent". And I don't doubt interest, but that's as far as it can go. Window shopping. Another words:

"May I help you?"
"No thanks, just looking."
Remove Zuccarello and Bourque off the trade list.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:23 PM
FOXHOUND*

anybody looking at iginla's numbers now and casting judgement on him needs to think again.
he's stagnant in calgary. if he went to a place like L.A. he'd be reborn. maybe here but not as much as in LA

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:24 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Potentially, Frolov, White and Gilroy = $7.225 million in cap hits...and, you could waive Christensen.
So, you are removing 3 or 4 roster players, and adding 1. Every roster player that you trade has to be replaced.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Different guys become "finished" at different ages. That much is consistent in all sports. You can't turn yourself away from any over 30yr old player just because of Redden. Especially considering this team may be 1 player away from a cup.
More like 1-2 players AND 1-2 YEARS

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

No offense to anyone but this is ********. The Rangers are not adding another $7 million right winger especially when Iginla is 33 years old and has two more years remaining on his contract.

I am amazed this thread has so many pages.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPerriNYR View Post
Remove Zuccarello and Bourque off the trade list.
Why? If anything, the do not trade list is too long. You have to give to get in this league.

Having said that, the player I want to get is not Jarome Iginla (unless we're talking about an absolute steal, of course). Too old, too expensive and plays the wrong position.

I understand that the universe of players you can acquire is limited to the universe of players that are available. But by the same token you don't HAVE to get someone just because he's available. There is always the option off keeping your powder dry...

I've said it since the summer: live or die with the kids and don't make any deals unless they add to the core. Currently the kids are doing better than I expected - but that should only reinforce the strategy.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:33 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Agreed... Getting a player like the caliber of Iginla would put the Rangers in the mix of teams who can win the cup... Heck.. even without Iginla this team has a chance if they keep on gaining confidence and etc..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No offense to anyone but this is ********. The Rangers are not adding another $7 million right winger especially when Iginla is 33 years old and has two more years remaining on his contract.

I am amazed this thread has so many pages.
I even proved it mathematically a page ago.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

No reason whatsoever why the Rangers should be interested in Iginla, who is past his prime and who plays a game that isn't tailored to the style of play in the league today. He'd also cost much more than he's worth, and he doesn't fix any of this team's problems.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:02 PM
gotmonte

Not for nothing, no one thought Sather could trade Gomez away with his albeitros contract AND get something of value in return. And look how THAT panned out.

Who knows, maybe Iginla for Drury and Grachev? Maybe Iginla for Drury and McDonaugh?

Purely just **** I rambled off the top of my head. I have NO sources at ALL!

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Drury has a FULL NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

Add to that, he's currently the captain of his favorite childhood team. He grew up a Rangers fan.

And he carries a 7 mil cap hit.

He's not going anywhere.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:11 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
anybody looking at iginla's numbers now and casting judgement on him needs to think again.
he's stagnant in calgary. if he went to a place like L.A. he'd be reborn. maybe here but not as much as in LA
The old "change of scenery" trade/signing. We always do so well with those.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
The old "change of scenery" trade/signing. We always do so well with those.
I'd want a change of scenery too when the team wants to tank with ****** management. He seems like he doesn't have a desire to play there. FOXHOUND'S right.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Captain swap, perhaps? I dunno, this makes little sense to me.
yea makes no sense on RW we have Gaborik and Callahan so no need for another top RW.......we need a C .........team is doing well.........Drury and Prospal are back soon............just let it sit till around the deadline and try and get Richards then

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
pavelich

Has anyone out there actually seen Iginla play this season?
He looks FINISHED. Maybe the change of scenery would perk him up a bit but not close to the level you'd want a player with a $7 MILLION cap hit to be at.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote