HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN INSIDER: Does Moving Rask Make More Sense?

Old
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeanie33 View Post
Excactly, you end up getting nothing from ESPN insider except rumor, writer speculation or crap they got from some wacked out message board posters....er wait...nevermind.
I trust these wacked out message board posters waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more when it comes to hockey news than I do ESPN. Fact.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
I knew I picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I trust these wacked out message board posters waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more when it comes to hockey news than I do ESPN. Fact.
This is true, I stand corrected when it comes to hockey.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Homebrew76

I don't see it happening, but just the same... Thomas is mid-30's in age and has 2 more years after this one left at 5 million a pop. In the salary cap era that makes him virtually untradeable. A lot of teams are going with low price options in net, as the Anti Neimi story in the off season showed us.

Once Rask is in need of a new contract, you know he's going to get a huge raise, and Boston won't be able to afford both goalies. That being said, there could be some legitimacy to trading the very valuable Rask, along with the necessary salary dump (Ryder) to get back a solid return.

This ain't going to happen but it's worth throwing out for conversation purposes:

Rask + Ryder for what? There would have to be a backup goalie that could carry the load should Thomas falter. As well there would have to be little coming back in salary as the Bruins can't afford to not drop salary in a swap.

Rask + Ryder for reliable backup + First round pick + blue chip prospect.

Would that be enough in return, and would there be teams out there that could take on the salary and have the pick/prospect to offer?

Homebrew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
David Krejci*
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Rask for Doughty, or I'm not on board.

There is no way this is true
I don't think I'd do it. In my opinion Doughty is going to be, or is already, the best defenseman in the NHL.

But Tuukka is going to be the best goalie in the NHL when he takes the reigns, and Goalies are just too valuable when they're that good.

I wouldn't even do it for Stamkos.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THESE RUMORS BETTER NOT BE TRUE

David Krejci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
David Krejci*
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew76 View Post
I don't see it happening, but just the same... Thomas is mid-30's in age and has 2 more years after this one left at 5 million a pop. In the salary cap era that makes him virtually untradeable. A lot of teams are going with low price options in net, as the Anti Neimi story in the off season showed us.

Once Rask is in need of a new contract, you know he's going to get a huge raise, and Boston won't be able to afford both goalies. That being said, there could be some legitimacy to trading the very valuable Rask, along with the necessary salary dump (Ryder) to get back a solid return.

This ain't going to happen but it's worth throwing out for conversation purposes:

Rask + Ryder for what? There would have to be a backup goalie that could carry the load should Thomas falter. As well there would have to be little coming back in salary as the Bruins can't afford to not drop salary in a swap.

Would that be enough in return, and would there be teams out there that could take on the salary and have the pick/prospect to offer?
**** that. Under no circumstances do you trade Tuukka Rask. I'll die if they do.

Old
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
**** that. Under no circumstances do you trade Tuukka Rask. I'll die if they do.
Then we'd be out Tuukka AND Krejci? Pass!

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Thank you.

And THAT, ladies and gents, is why I canceled my Insider subscription.
Glad I dropped it as well

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
I wouldn't say under NO circumstances but every circumstance I could think of would be highly improbable unless I was playing NHL 11.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Savynquick*

lol the problem here is that NOTHING we can get back would fit under the cap for us. Rask's cap number is incredible right now. The guys we'd want coming back our way would destroy an already impossible cap situation. And the last thing we're looking for is more 1st rounders, thanks we have tons of those.

It's not just improbable, it's technically impossible imho.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew76 View Post

If they were to do it, the return would have to step right in and have an impact. I'd think they'd be looking for young stud-potential defensemen who could step in and move the puck.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:50 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
I don't think I'd do it. In my opinion Doughty is going to be, or is already, the best defenseman in the NHL.

But Tuukka is going to be the best goalie in the NHL when he takes the reigns, and Goalies are just too valuable when they're that good.

Woah. I love Tuukka as well, but, salary cap issues aside, you move him for either of those guys in a flash. And without thinking twice.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
If they were to do it, the return would have to step right in and have an impact. I'd think they'd be looking for young stud-potential defensemen who could step in and move the puck.
There is exactly one guy like that in the nhl, and he's not being traded for Rask because his team doesn't need Rask.

/Thread

It's just not even remotely possible. It's actually more plausible to trade Thomas in his potential Vezina year than it is to trade Rask, and that's like saying pigs are more likely to fly before sheep do.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BruinsNeedaRussian

Maybe they are shopping Seguin also.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Rumor and speculation in November is about as meaningful as a drunken limerick. Especially if it comes from ESPN, which is fast becoming a joke with all of its sports coverage.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Sevren

Quote:
You wouldn't trade Rask for Stamkos? Did I read that right?

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:

Well to be honest I don't think Tampa would be interested in that deal so you can be reassured Tuuka is here to stay and Stamkos is in Tampa to stay as well

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
Rumor and speculation in November is about as meaningful as a drunken limerick. Especially if it comes from ESPN, which is fast becoming a joke with all of its sports coverage.
Fast becoming? They think poker is a sport. That ship sailed years ago.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:09 PM
David Krejci*
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
You wouldn't trade Rask for Stamkos? Did I read that right?
Franchise goaltenders are a lot harder to come by than franchise forwards, one of which we already have (potentially).

I'd take Stamkos over Ovechkin, and probably Crosby (only because I hate Crosby because he's a diving whining Hab-lite).

Thomas is signed for two more years after this one. I personally think he'll be a good goaltender for those years. But after that, I don't know.

Games like last night are probably an L without a goalie like Rask or Thomas.

It'd be great for those two years where Thomas is still (hopefully) at the top of his game, but what about after that?

If there was a way to swap Stamkos and Rask for the next two years, and then when Thomas falls off, re-swap them, but that would never in a million years happen.

So yes, you read that right. I would not swap Tuuukka Rask for Steven Stamkos. Not in real life, anyhow, because long-term I don't think it'd be a good idea. Short term-yes it'd be a steal for the Bruins, but after that, no.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

Whaaa?

I would trade Tuukka and your namesake for Stamkos.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:17 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
I saw dominoes on there one summer day. I almost spit out my beer but my Irish lips held strong!

ESPN and hockey rumors go together about as well as Colin Campbell and Marc Savard....What? Too soon?

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
ESPN2 actually showed a championship game from a Magic: The Gathering tournament ~10 years ago. I'm both ashamed with them for showing it, and at myself for watching it (and understanding it).

If they're going to show that kind of stuff, why stop at poker? Why not Scrabble? Monopoly (one of my high school friends actually used to go to tournaments)? Chess? Dungeons & Dragons?

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
PatriceBergeronrules

You could probably get Parise out of New Jersey for Rask.

Lucic - Krecji - Horton
Parise - Savard - Seguin
Wheeler - Bergeron - Caron/Recchi

PatriceBergeronrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceBergeronrules View Post
You could get Parise out of New Jersey for Rask.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:29 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
ESPN2 actually showed a championship game from a Magic: The Gathering tournament ~10 years ago. I'm both ashamed with them for showing it, and at myself for watching it (and understanding it).

If they're going to show that kind of stuff, why stop at poker? Why not Scrabble? Monopoly (one of my high school friends actually used to go to tournaments)? Chess? Dungeons & Dragons?
ESPN8 THE OCHO

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote