HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN INSIDER: Does Moving Rask Make More Sense?

Old
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Savynquick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceBergeronrules View Post
You could get Parise out of New Jersey for Rask.
Ya cept Parise is due for a new deal we couldn't afford. Sorry not gonna work. Also we don't need to make the Devils good for the next 15 years. Let them sort out their goalie mess without our help.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
ESPN8 THE OCHO
Thats actually one of their better channels. Did you see that dodgeball tourney a few years back? Some pretty exciting stuff!!

"I don't know how they can play in diapers, Cotton, I never could!"

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
PatriceBergeronrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Ya cept Parise is due for a new deal we couldn't afford. Sorry not gonna work. Also we don't need to make the Devils good for the next 15 years. Let them sort out their goalie mess without our help.
The B's could find a way to afford him. Sturm and Ryder make more combined than Parise would and they'll be off the books next year. They obviously wouldn't have to worry about a Rask extension either.

PatriceBergeronrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceBergeronrules View Post
The B's could find a way to afford him. Sturm and Ryder make more combined than Parise would and they'll be off the books next year. They obviously wouldn't have to worry about a Rask extension either.
why would you wanna trade you future stud goalie to begin with?

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
bp13

I would just love to know how these folks get their jobs, or more importantly, how the editors get their jobs.

Just thinking about it, how much value would the Bruins need to get to trade a kid who led the league in save % last season and is considered one of the finest, if not THE finest young goalie in the NHL?

If you were a GM holding onto Rask, would anything less than a very likely franchise d-man suffice? Just which team in need of goaltending can spare a guy that approximates Rask's value that wouldn't be untradable for them, or kill our cap situation?

This type of reporting makes me wonder how people land jobs.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:48 PM
jasonbaz77*

Trading a franchise goalie for a single defenseman....I don't care WHO the defenseman is, is completely inane an should get a GM fired.

That said- the guy starting the rumor is a retard.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:50 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Whaaa?

I would trade Tuukka and your namesake for Stamkos.
Franchise goaltenders are a lot harder to come by than franchise forwards, one of which we already have (potentially).

I'd take Stamkos over Ovechkin, and probably Crosby (only because I hate Crosby because he's a diving whining Hab-lite).

Thomas is signed for two more years after this one. I personally think he'll be a good goaltender for those years. But after that, I don't know.

Games like last night are probably an L without a goalie like Rask or Thomas.

It'd be great for those two years where Thomas is still (hopefully) at the top of his game, but what about after that?

If there was a way to swap Stamkos and Rask for the next two years, and then when Thomas falls off, re-swap them, but that would never in a million years happen.

So yes, you read that right. I would not swap Tuuukka Rask for Steven Stamkos. Not in real life, anyhow, because long-term I don't think it'd be a good idea. Short term-yes it'd be a steal for the Bruins, but after that, no.

David Krejci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
If they were to do it, the return would have to step right in and have an impact. I'd think they'd be looking for young stud-potential defensemen who could step in and move the puck.
How is ONE defenseman as valuable as a franchise goalie? These boards are crazy with the PMD disease. There is no player on the ice more valuable than your goalie. Do you think Buffalo would trade Ryan Miller for Doughty...or "insert over-rated defenseman here"

End of discussion.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I would just love to know how these folks get their jobs, or more importantly, how the editors get their jobs. Just thinking about it, how much value would the Bruins need to get to trade a kid who led the league in save % last season and is considered one of the finest, if not THE finest young goalie in the NHL?

If you were a GM holding onto Rask, would anything less than a very likely franchise d-man suffice? Just which team in need of goaltending can spare a guy that approximates Rask's value that wouldn't be untradable for them, or kill our cap situation?

This type of reporting makes me wonder how people land jobs.
Their jobs are to sell the product, attract more customers... not making sense out of it.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
I knew I picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbaz77 View Post
How is ONE defenseman as valuable as a franchise goalie? These boards are crazy with the PMD disease. There is no player on the ice more valuable than your goalie. Do you think Buffalo would trade Ryan Miller for Doughty...or "insert over-rated defenseman here"

End of discussion.
does Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr ring a bell...

Old
11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbaz77 View Post

End of discussion.
How can you ask a question and then end the discussion without hearing an answer?

To your questions-

ONE defesneman on the ice is more valuable than a goalie on the bench.

Buffalo would be foolish not to consider dealing Miller if they had a second goaltender on the roster who was one year removed from the Venzia and had a GAA under 1.4 and a save % over .950.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
bp13

Quote:
How can you ask a question and then end the discussion without hearing an answer?

To your questions-

Buffalo would be foolish not to consider dealing Miller if they had a second goaltender on the roster who was one year removed from the Venzia and had a GAA under 1.4 and a save % over .950.
To be fair, let's consider TT's entire body of work and his entire career a fair measure, not the single best month he's ever had.

That said, I still agree with your point. I love Rask as much as anyone, but I'd deal him for Doughty. But honestly, that's the kind of return I'd need to move him, and LA doesn't need another young goalie, and they aren't trading Doughty anyway. Just more reasons why this "rumor" is BS.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:14 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post
does Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr ring a bell...
That's not fair. There's nobody in the NHL right now who is near what Bobby Orr was, or Bourque for that matter, but especially Orr.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
To be fair, let's consider TT's entire body of work and his entire career a fair measure, not the single best month he's ever had.

That said, I still agree with your point. I love Rask as much as anyone, but I'd deal him for Doughty. But honestly, that's the kind of return I'd need to move him, and LA doesn't need another young goalie, and they aren't trading Doughty anyway. Just more reasons why this "rumor" is BS.
Let's do the same with Rask.

In the playoffs Rask **** the bed twice... once in the AHL and last year in the NHL.

are you ready to go to the playoffs whit out TT again, knowing Rask cant take the load all by himself ?

Imo if we want a cup this year we need both of them.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
stick9

Quote:

To your questions-

In 12 games played...

Winning the Veznia two years ago means almost nothing today and we all know those numbers will come back to reality over the long haul. A 2.30 GAA and .910 SV% is probably closer to reality. Which by the way is close to his Veznia year numbers.

A good portion of the Thomas crowd here could afford to exercise some common sense and logic.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
In 12 games played...

Winning the Veznia two years ago means almost nothing today and we all know those numbers will come back to reality over the long haul. A 2.30 GAA and .910 SV% is probably closer to reality. Which by the way is close to his Veznia year numbers.

A good portion of the Thomas crowd here could afford to exercise some common sense and logic.
So we shouldn't consider that Thomas has been the best goalie in the league through the first quarter of this year or that he was the best goalie in the league two years ago, because . . . why exactly?

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post
Let's do the same with Rask.

In the playoffs Rask **** the bed twice... once in the AHL and last year in the NHL.

are you ready to go to the playoffs whit out TT again, knowing Rask cant take the load all by himself ?

Imo if we want a cup this year we need both of them.
You can't put all of last year's loss on Rask. That requires a team-wide fail on every single account possible to pull something like that off.

I think we could win the Cup with just one of them, but there's a bunch of other crap that can go before we're in a position where we HAVE to get rid of a goalie.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Cheesy

I honestly don't think this even deserves a thread. This is the absolute last thing Boston would do, and to even think it a possibility is idiotic.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
You can't put all of last year's loss on Rask. That requires a team-wide fail on every single account possible to pull something like that off.

I think we could win the Cup with just one of them, but there's a bunch of other crap that can go before we're in a position where we HAVE to get rid of a goalie.
Rask doesn't have the ability to carry the load all by himself YET
We still need Timmy if we want stanley.

Old
11-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
I liken this thread to this other one.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=843784

I think the Bruins should strip down the house and re-built.

Rask, right now for me has no price.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
In 12 games played...

Good luck with that...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
That's not fair. There's nobody in the NHL right now who is near what Bobby Orr was, or Bourque for that matter, but especially Orr.
I'll give you no one is near Orr but Lidstrom is definitely in Bourque's class.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:09 PM
finchster

Quote:
In 12 games played...

So minus one year that Dave Lewis was at the helm, Thomas will probably end this year with the lowest save percentage he has ever had in the NHL? then you tell Thomas supporters to use logic

For the record I am not pro Thomas or Pro Rask, I am pro Bruins winning.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Bruins2020

If anything, you sell high with Thomas.

Bruins2020 is offline   Reply With Quote