HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tired of Habs being hit from behind.

Old
11-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500

I just can`t believe how many times the Habs were hit from behind by both the Flyers (tuesday) and the Preds tonight and NO CALLS ! But when the habs even come close to hitting someone from behing they`re called to the sin bin EVERY TIME....Am I wrong here ? I thought I would throw something through my tv when they played the Flyers.So many non calls. Anyone-else see what I`m seeing ? Very frustrated. Shold be the same rules for both teams,should it not ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:51 PM
llamateizer

nah i dont think its the case.
only 2 straight games that habs were hit from behind

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
nah i dont think its the case.
only 2 straight games that habs were hit from behind
I`ve noticed this for awhile now. Seems to be worse at the Bell Centre. Almost as though the Refs are saying ****u to the fans,and "were calling the game not you". Because lets face it,the Bell Centre crowd are pretty hard on the refs on certain nights. And rightly so.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:15 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
chill the **** out

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:25 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I`ve noticed this for awhile now. Seems to be worse at the Bell Centre. Almost as though the Refs are saying ****u to the fans,and "were calling the game not you". Because lets face it,the Bell Centre crowd are pretty hard on the refs on certain nights. And rightly so.
you think that the refs are doing vengeance on the fans?

Old
11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Habblues

Quote:
you think that the refs are doing vengeance on the fans?
Don`t know,but that Flyer game was mind blowing. Halpern was NAILED from behind and NO CALL. I could go on and on. That game sickend me cause the Flyers were out to injure the Habs.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:55 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Don`t know,but that Flyer game was mind blowing. Halpern was NAILED from behind and NO CALL. I could go on and on. That game sickend me cause the Flyers were out to injure the Habs.
Please elaborate.

There's nothing wrong with being really biased...every fanbase is biased toward their team.

But, it's almost like you're incredibly biased and don't even realize it.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Evil Ted

Alberts hit on Darche I thought was a clear cut head shot but maybe that was just me.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
my simple answer would be deal with it...

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:57 AM
TroyM

I actually thought the Habs got away with a LOT tonight, especially early on, I was kinda shocked we didn't get a few calls there! Usually I'm all over the refs, but I didn't notice anything really problematic tonight. The Flyers I disagreed with a couple, thought the hit on Halpern was definitely worth a penalty at least, but it was a chippy game all around.

I definitely don't think the Habs get any special treatment in either direction, notice how every single freakin' fanbase complains about the referees screwing them in the ass all the time.... its just bias, and we all have it, I'm DEFINITELY guilty, but there is no big conspiracy at all. It's just your passion overtaking your reason and you don't see the situation clearly. And again, I do this almost every game... its pretty inevitable when you are passionate about your team.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:09 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I can't speak to the Flyers game, but I don't think penalties were why the Habs lost tonight. They had plenty of chances, including 4 straight penalties on Nashville when the game was still tied/1-0, not to mention the 5-3. The only one the refs missed was when one of the Habs got boinked on the head with a stick entering the zone. Don't know how the refs missed that, not that it really would have hurt, though.

The Kostitsyn and Franson penalties had me scratching my head though. Good game to watch tonight. You guys have a good team and I enjoy watching that top line you have. Classy move to stand for Cube.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:45 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Please elaborate.

There's nothing wrong with being really biased...every fanbase is biased toward their team.

But, it's almost like you're incredibly biased and don't even realize it.
you really shouldnt talk about bias if you're asking for details, as if Halpern wasnt hit from behind or something...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 07:44 AM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you really shouldnt talk about bias if you're asking for details, as if Halpern wasnt hit from behind or something...
I'm not talking about a singular hit...I'm talking about the fact that the guy is saying that refs call the Habs for all hits from behind, borderline or not that they commit, yet the Habs don't get any calls. I'm also talking about the fact that he is saying the fans are usually all over the crowd and "rightly so"...home crowds beg for calls, including many that aren't deserved...that's the way it is at the Bell Centre and everywhere else. It's just a very non-objective and silly point, and many Habs fans are acknowledging this.

Old
11-19-2010, 08:08 AM
otto bond

Quote:
I'm not talking about a singular hit...I'm talking about the fact that the guy is saying that refs call the Habs for all hits from behind, borderline or not that they commit, yet the Habs don't get any calls. I'm also talking about the fact that he is saying the fans are usually all over the crowd and "rightly so"...home crowds beg for calls, including many that aren't deserved...that's the way it is at the Bell Centre and everywhere else. It's just a very non-objective and silly point, and many Habs fans are acknowledging this.
What to make from Albert hit vs VAn?4 min call ok

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 08:19 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Okay I know what you meant to say there but it's just funny. Of course the fans are usually all over the crowd

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 08:23 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i don't know if the fans wanting calls can be compared to another arena.

21000 will boo the **** out of a ref just on an iffy offside call, whereas i don't think the 4000 at an isles game would notice.

we have the loudest refs in the league. and i don't think real zebras like it when you bang on the glass at the zoo.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Or maybe some of the Habs should learn to be aware of their surroundings?

Like take for instance, the hit on Gorges, which I believe was Powe (correct me if I am wrong here). You're going into the corner to retrieve the puck, but you're forgetting the first thing to do; look around to see where everyone is at. Had he done that and saw Powe coming for him, he wouldn't have been in a vulnerable state to be hit from a blind-spot position.

And this is where the new ruling on blind-spot hits and head-shots. Now players are free to turn their back on a hit or bend forward a bit to draw that type of penalty.

All I can say is, keep your head up and look around. If that's done, these types of situations do not happen as much.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Okay I know what you meant to say there but it's just funny. Of course the fans are usually all over the crowd
Hahaha...wow, after two cups of coffee too...guess I better go for a third.

Old
11-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
I just can`t believe how many times the Habs were hit from behind by both the Flyers (tuesday) and the Preds tonight and NO CALLS ! But when the habs even come close to hitting someone from behing they`re called to the sin bin EVERY TIME....Am I wrong here ? I thought I would throw something through my tv when they played the Flyers.So many non calls. Anyone-else see what I`m seeing ? Very frustrated. Shold be the same rules for both teams,should it not ?

Get used to it. Team are going to take liberties on the Habs smaller forwards because we have nobody in the lineup for other teams to worry about. Moen isn't going to scare anybody. I hate the thoughts of having a goon on the team because they are useless on the ice except for fighting.....but at least other teams would think twice before injuring our top players.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Get used to it. Team are going to take liberties on the Habs smaller forwards because we have nobody in the lineup for other teams to worry about. Moen isn't going to scare anybody. I hate the thoughts of having a goon on the team because they are useless on the ice except for fighting.....but at least other teams would think twice before injuring our top players.
Your so right my friend......Surely we can sign a guy that can fight and play hockey ?

Old
11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Your so right my friend......Surely we can sign a guy that can fight and play hockey ?
paying a guy 1.6 millions for playing 5 min per game and taking a spot?
So you prefer a goon instead of White, Palushaj, Desharnais, Pacioretty etc...?

if you add a goon, who do you remove from the linup?
Pyatt? sure why not, he has 0 points... we dont give a ******* to PK
Eller then?

Old
11-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
paying a guy 1.6 millions for playing 5 min per game and taking a spot?
So you prefer a goon instead of White, Palushaj, Desharnais, Pacioretty etc...?

if you add a goon, who do you remove from the linup?
Pyatt? sure why not, he has 0 points... we dont give a ******* to PK
Eller then?
He said fight AND play hockey, think Chris Neil and the likes, not a goon.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
twenty7

Meh.... Should be more worried if our players are starting to be injured to many times like last year remmember??

twenty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:06 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

these things happen in ALL games if you actually watch any games outside a habs game. has no correlation with having a goon in yourlineup. Goons are good for entertaining low count crowds in the US

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I'll turn that around a bit. Tired of players turning their back, facing the boards to avoid getting hit!!! And that's not just the Habs...

Thank you for the hitting from behind rule NHL. Gone are the days when two players would go shoulder to shoulder as they knew that if they turned their back, they'd get creamed!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote