HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Perfect Offseason

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Barnaby3636

vCash: 500
Perfect Offseason

What would be the perfect offseason for you guys?

Coach: Head-Joel Quinville, Assistant-Terry O'Reily, Tom Renney

Draft: Olsez/Ladd/Thelen (OVCHEKIN!!!)

UFA: Matthew Barnaby, Craig Conroy/Brian Rolston, John Madden, Chris Pronger

Old
06-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby3636

Perfect offseason would have me wake up and it is the beginning of the 1994 season. BUT>......since that's not gonna happen, here are my thoughts:

Coach: torn between quenville and mcgill, i think mcgill is a GREAT fit for these kids, BUT may be prone to taking Sathers orders because he is the "new guy".

Draft: I would love to get ovechekin or malkin, but dont think we will, i like olesz/ladd/thelen/shremp

ufa: if you list conroy/rolston as a choice between the two (and not BOTH) than i think that is fine. 4 ufa's is not too many. but i dont think it will be easy to land them, who would want to play here? with the cba uncertainty we cant exactly throw the bank at them like we used to. i wouldnt mind seeing mironov in the lineup either.

anyone want rucinsky back?

Old
06-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Barnaby3636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
Perfect offseason would have me wake up and it is the beginning of the 1994 season. BUT>......since that's not gonna happen, here are my thoughts:

Coach: torn between quenville and mcgill, i think mcgill is a GREAT fit for these kids, BUT may be prone to taking Sathers orders because he is the "new guy".

Draft: I would love to get ovechekin or malkin, but dont think we will, i like olesz/ladd/thelen/shremp

ufa: if you list conroy/rolston as a choice between the two (and not BOTH) than i think that is fine. 4 ufa's is not too many. but i dont think it will be easy to land them, who would want to play here? with the cba uncertainty we cant exactly throw the bank at them like we used to. i wouldnt mind seeing mironov in the lineup either.

anyone want rucinsky back?
I was talking about Conroy OR Rolston... I like Conroy more... I wouldnt mind Rosey back to play on a line wtih Jags and Purcha

Old
06-17-2004, 10:54 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

perfect is a mighty tall order...

I would accept the following as more than enough

Renney, Paddock or Ryan McGill

Up front
Pining for Conroy since realizing he was UFA. Would be a great signing. OR failing that Sergei Brylin would be a nice addition without fanfare.

On the blueline
Carney or Matvichuk

In nets
its a toss up. I don't think it matters too much who they get since the future is blackburn and or lundvist. Labarbera deserves a shot for at least the backup job.

The draft the only thing I want are kids who want to play in NY. I would rather have a B+ guy who actually wants to make a difference for the rangers, than an A+ floater. I think Shremp would be a nice fit for the organization. At #24 I would hope they draft a big Dman who throws his weight around.

When they decide to drop the puck and play NHL hockey I would be happy to see the 2nd line made up of kids like Balej and Lundmark with murray, and a 4th line of character kids like ortmeyer, immonen and moore. Give the 3rd line to Holik, Josh Green ... and the top line for JJ with conroy

Yeah there are holes, but it would go a long way towards building something that could be something special over the next half decade.

Old
06-17-2004, 11:43 AM
NYblades

How about Sather resigns to spend his days on the golf course along with Messier.

Old
06-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Onion Boy

Perfect/Realistic Offseason:

Coach: McGill or Maurice

Draft: Tukonen, Korpikoski, Lyamin, Pineault, Tesliuk, Wheeler

UFA: Nylander, Rucinsky, Barnaby, Matvichuk

Trades: Not sure if Poti can garner any interest at all at the draft, but Sather put forth an honest effort to ship him out. Lundmark should also be shopped, but make sure the return is decent, otherwise keep Jamie and see if he can rebound next year.

Old
06-17-2004, 12:01 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby3636

A perfect season would start with Glen Sather being fired. Coach: Ryan McGill

Draft trade up for Ovechkin and Malkin and Barker.

Mike Dunham walking away from his contract and Florida trading roberto Luongo to us for a 5th round draft pick.

Old
06-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Blueshirt13

Keep in mind you said the perfect offseason and I added a little bit of fantasy to my list:

Trades:
Sabres: Poti (salary 50% paid) & 37th Pick for Taylor Pyatt & 6th
note: if they lose Zhitnik they would need an offensive defensemen, Pyatt is young and buried behind Hecht, Boulton and now maybe Vanek.

Florida: Lundmark, 24th pick, 46th pick for #7 and Huselius (think we might have to toss another pick)
note: Huselius is out of favor but is young and brings some experience to the table for us

Draft:
#6 Olesz
#7 Schremp (why not go for one of the most talented people available?
#36 Layamin
#48 Wheeler
#51 Parshin

UFA:
Zhamnov, Barnaby (surprised so few eh?)

Coach:
Quenville - if he comes here, he is smart enough to know to put something in his contract giving him authority to work the team his way

Lines:
Pyatt-Zhamnov-Jagr
Huselius-Olesz-Balej
Barnaby-Holik-Ortmeyer
Murray-Larose-Moore

Mironov-Tyutin
Kasparitus-Pock
Rachunek-Kondratiev

Net: Dunham, LaBarbera(??)

Hartford:
Ulmer, Jessiman, Lampman, Baranka, Jonasen, Heerema, Giroux, Immonen, Prucha, Dawes, Wiseman, Hollweg, Kozak, Schremp

Goalie: Blackburn (if he plays well let him push mid-season to play for the Rags

Combo of Jagr/UFA center would obviously make it a focus. Add in a young LW to get some experience and playing time. Second line would be a bit exciting with Balej and Huselius (if motivated). Olesz would be thrown into the fire but he plays more mature than his age dictates. Third line is our shut down line that can provide a nice spark and some energy. Fourth line is people looking for a chance.

Defensemen speak for themself.

Rags would have some talent overall but still push for a high lottery pick for next year.

Hartford crew are there to work on their game, gain experience with one another and develop. Maybe someone would surprise and be called up. Who knows.

This is just my opinion, nothing more. I have no insider knowledge but would love to see something work out this way. Blast away.

Last edited by Blueshirt13: 06-17-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old
06-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Laches

A new CBA signed soon enough so that the season can start on time.

Old
06-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
A new CBA signed soon enough so that the season can start on time.
Longtime no see....you a Lawyer yet?

Old
06-17-2004, 01:48 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Keep in mind you said the perfect offseason and I added a little bit of fantasy to my list:

Trades:
Sabres: Poti (salary 50% paid) & 37th Pick for Taylor Pyatt & 6th
note: if they lose Zhitnik they would need an offensive defensemen, Pyatt is young and buried behind Hecht, Boulton and now maybe Vanek.

Florida: Lundmark, 24th pick, 46th pick for #7 and Huselius (think we might have to toss another pick)
note: Huselius is out of favor but is young and brings some experience to the table for us

Draft:
#6 Olesz
#7 Schremp (why not go for one of the most talented people available?
#36 Layamin
#48 Wheeler
#51 Parshin

UFA:
Zhamnov, Barnaby (surprised so few eh?)

Coach:
Quenville - if he comes here, he is smart enough to know to put something in his contract giving him authority to work the team his way

Lines:
Pyatt-Zhamnov-Jagr
Huselius-Olesz-Balej
Barnaby-Holik-Ortmeyer
Murray-Larose-Moore

Mironov-Tyutin
Kasparitus-Pock
Rachunek-Kondratiev

Net: Dunham, LaBarbera(??)

Hartford:
Ulmer, Jessiman, Lampman, Baranka, Jonasen, Heerema, Giroux, Immonen, Prucha, Dawes, Wiseman, Hollweg, Kozak, Schremp

Goalie: Blackburn (if he plays well let him push mid-season to play for the Rags

Combo of Jagr/UFA center would obviously make it a focus. Add in a young LW to get some experience and playing time. Second line would be a bit exciting with Balej and Huselius (if motivated). Olesz would be thrown into the fire but he plays more mature than his age dictates. Third line is our shut down line that can provide a nice spark and some energy. Fourth line is people looking for a chance.

Defensemen speak for themself.

Rags would have some talent overall but still push for a high lottery pick for next year.

Hartford crew are there to work on their game, gain experience with one another and develop. Maybe someone would surprise and be called up. Who knows.

This is just my opinion, nothing more. I have no insider knowledge but would love to see something work out this way. Blast away.
Looks like you're making a concerted effort to assemble the NHL's first all-european roster.

Old
06-17-2004, 01:56 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

The perfect off-season starts with the sorry Poti getting traded on draft day, and the Rangers getting Atlanta's pick at #10 to take AJ Thelen, AFTER selecting Olesz at # 6. (Of course, I'll settle for Ladd.) In terms of UFAs, the only three I'd like are Lindros, Mironov and Barnaby. As for coach, Quenneville, McGill and Francis would all be fine by me.

Old
06-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Looks like you're making a concerted effort to assemble the NHL's first all-european roster.
I don't know if its an after-effect from the vodka last night, a bad day at work, actual opportunities possible, any combination of the above, or all the above.

Hehe, unconscious effect I assure you though we do have our farmboy in Ortmeyer from good old Nebraska.

Old
06-17-2004, 02:11 PM
in the hall

coaching staff
Ryan McGill for head coach, Tom Renny and Terry O'Reilly as his assistants

draft day
one of two scenerios
a. we trade up to acquire the first or second pick without giving up our #6
b. we trade for the #7 pick (or any other pick between 7-12) for players such as Poti, Lundmark etc

results of option b
#6 Rostislav Olesz
#7 Robbie Shremp
#24 Boris Valabik
#36 Adam Pineult
#51 Andy Rogers
### (third rounder acquired via trade)

Closed Thread