HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy complaints

Old
11-11-2010, 02:01 AM
25th

vCash: 500
Cammy complaints

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...8_section_POS2

He whines about the glass bords at the Bell Center. For me, it just opened a "window" to complain about him.

The guy can't pass the puck properly even if his life depends on it, he is knocked of the puck WAY TO EASILY, he is on his a** whenever he gets hit and worst of all, lately, he shoots wide or worse, on the goalie's crest.

Shut up and play puck Mike!

25th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:11 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post

He whines about the glass bords at the Bell Center. For me, it just opened a "window" to complain about him.

The guy can't pass the puck properly even if his life depends on it, he is knocked of the puck WAY TO EASILY, he is on his a** whenever he gets hit and worst of all, lately, he shoots wide or worse, on the goalie's crest.

he's frustrated and frankly ill let it pass he just dummied the nhl playoffs not much else beats that

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:15 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Upon reading the article it's also clear hes defintely more focused on safety then anything else. concussions are the main point and you never know he may be the union representative

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Habs

Players have been complaining about the glass in the Bell Centre since it first opened, not many rinks keep the seemless glass in place.. I agree with him, it isn't forgiving at all.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:

Cammy is not having a career year, but it is his right to mention safety concerns.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Naoned

Quote:

Just wow.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:

Cammy can pass the puck fine, especially for sniper... I dunno what your talking about.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Habbadasher

Have an agenda much?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Meh, he could be right, I wouldnt want to slam head first into a concrete wall.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:54 AM
BeBen*

I think he knows more about it than us

So i don't get the bashing

Isin't it clear already that Cammalleri is a streaky sniper? just freaking wait we're still winning games, no need to worry

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

****** boards and glass?

Phew.

For a second, I was scared of reading this thread and find out that Cammy was regressing, that his confidence was shot, that he wanted to spend the whole year in Hamilton...

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:06 AM
MTL-rules

Wow, Cammy gets a free pass by all poster here except the OP...

I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people... He's afraid to get hit and it shows on the ice... he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

He's a great shooter (not this year so far), he knows where to be around the net and has great hands, but he's as soft as butter.

People trashed on Plekanec for being soft, yet he's stronger than Cammy...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:11 AM
25th

I understand his concerns about safety. I just saw this as an opportunity to voice my complaint about his play of late. My opinion only it seems. Life goes on!

25th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Pascal

Whoever complains about Cammy should pick on someone else. He's the consummate pro and a total pimp. He is streaky yes, but everyone knew that already.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
BLONG7

Some of our guys haven't played well, but easy guys, it's not like we haven't played well as a team...kudos to the role guys, and Pleks and Price! Cammy will snap out of it, and will be fine...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:

Where in that article did you see Cammy giving the glass as a reason for his slow start?

If he had 7 goals and 10 assists right now, would his complaint be any more valid.

And I thought Gilet changed the glass a few years ago.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people...
So basically, you're waiting for yourself?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:

I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people... He's afraid to get hit and it shows on the ice... he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

He's a great shooter (not this year so far), he knows where to be around the net and has great hands, but he's as soft as butter.

Don't see why we would equate this article to Cammy being soft, it's a legitimate complaint for safety reasons... Him and his team will be playing 41 games dealing with these boards, if they are unsafe I think it's wise to direct attention to them as we don't want injuries due to faulty equipment.

People need to stop trying to find negativity in everything they read about the habs... we're first in our division, Cammy is +10, Carey just shutout one of the best teams in the league, I wonder what people would say if our record was under .500... ouch!

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
otto bond

Haters are gonna hate. Watching the video, you get a clear picture that Mike is just saying....and so what. Everyone here have complained before so why should Mike be any different?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:27 AM
JayBee*

On HFBoards certain players are above critique. Cam is one of those players. With that said, I see nothing wrong with what he said. He's right, the glass has no give.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:38 AM
neofury*

The reason I think you're getting a bad reaction from people is because he's actually been passing more this year and has been making better passes. There's a reason he's +10, he might not be directly scoring or getting assists, even on the goal the other day it was his pass that made the play happen but he didn't get an assist. The points will come, he's been making a lot of good things happen out there he just needs to score and go on a tear.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
wedge

ahhaha

Cammalleri is a streaky player like all goal-scorers do. He had a few droughts like this one last year and still finished with a good amount of goals and points. Just before the playoffs I think he had something like 2 assists in 12 games.

I'm not worried. He'll go on a hot streak and you'll worship him again.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
bsl

Quote:

When you score 13 goals in 19 very tough playoff games (In fact more like 13 in the first 15) then you can tell tell Cammy to shut up.

He's having a bad patch, big deal. He's the most talented scorer we've had in years, and people like you are gonna run him out of town.

We're fans. Not players. Know your place.

Quote:

Listen seriously now I'm geting pi-ssed off. Lafleur was not bang and crash, Lafleur found the open spaces and drilled it. Get it? Bossy. Bure. Some scorers do just that, their job is not to bang in the corners. Gillies played in the corners so Bossy did not have to. Snipers waste their time in the corners...JEEZ I'm sick of people on this site constantly whining about lack of physical play. That is not what players like Cammy do. They slip into the cracks and snipe. All Cammy needs are great passes, and trust me, he'll finish.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:07 AM
znk

That has been a complaint by players from day one. There is no give on the boards at the bell center. It is a safety concern not to mention that it does not help make hits spectacular.

I prefer the old style glass where you see the boards give and hear all the rattling when there is a big hit.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Jigger77

I'm sure he could afford to replace them pretty easily.

Seriously though I noticed that before. Even the sound they make when the puck hits them sounds more "rigid" than in other arenas. They do seem like cement windows, especially in the corners. Just ask Tanguay about that.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote