HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take from Phoenix

Old
11-20-2010, 01:34 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
What would it take from Phoenix

Coyotes fan here, just wanting to check on the possible availability of a defense-man or two that would be of interest to them.

With the loss of Michalek this past off season the Yotes are in need of a defensive D-man or shutdown defense-man if you will.

What would it take to get Howson talking for either Hejda or Methot?

I would think that Hejda would be harder to pry away, but input from all you Jackets fans is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Doug19

Why on earth would we help out a team that we will be competing with for a playoff spot? It would take nothing, because Columbus would never trade with Phoenix this season.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Just thought maybe there would be a player that the coyotes could offer up that may make the jackets better and one that helps make them better in the process. You know, one team's need is another's depth.

Not like trades within the conference NEVER happen, but thanks for the input.

Way to get some constructive conversation going.

Next time I'll propose something like 90% of posters do and try to steal Nash for spare parts and picks.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:21 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I would like to see here Martin Hanzal. Klesla and draft pick for him.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:03 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I would like to see here Martin Hanzal. Klesla and draft pick for him.
Because clearly Klesla's leading the ENTIRE LEAGUE in plus/minus and in the top 5 for blocked shots means he's easily available and should be traded immediately. I mean why would we wanna keep a good defensive player around? It's only his job.

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Happy Pony

Commie for BizNasty

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post

Because clearly Klesla's leading the ENTIRE LEAGUE in plus/minus and in the top 5 for blocked shots means he's easily available and should be traded immediately. I mean why would we wanna keep a good defensive player around? It's only his job.
I'd hardly call Klesla impressive this year. He may lead the league in a 100% useless stat, but that doesn't change the fact he's still apt to make dumb decisions nightly with the puck.

With that being said I'd rather trade Russell because he doesn't fill a need for the future with Moore and Savard in the system. Get a guy who can shoot the puck on the point, but I'm also fine with keeping Russell as well.

Old
11-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Just thought maybe there would be a player that the coyotes could offer up that may make the jackets better and one that helps make them better in the process. You know, one team's need is another's depth.

Next time I'll propose something like 90% of posters do and try to steal Nash for spare parts and picks.
Contenders don't normally trade key parts to each other when they are competing for the same spot.

Old
11-20-2010, 05:56 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post

High draft pick, second round.

Or Klesla and Savard for Hanzal

Old
11-20-2010, 05:58 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

No trade Russell. He is still young. And Klesla and impresive? Sorry I saw his "impressive play" against a bit skiller and speeder players.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

I could see trading Hejda but I don't see anything of interest on PHX that they'd trade for him.

Old
11-20-2010, 08:27 AM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
Commie for BizNasty

Quote:
I would say Hejda would be easier to trade for than Methot. Hejda is up their in age, Methot is not. Methot could be with this team for a long time. That said, CBJ won't trade with a Western conference team while competing for a playoff spot unless absolutely necessary. CBJ aren't near that point thus far.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Coyotes fan here, just wanting to check on the possible availability of a defense-man or two that would be of interest to them.

With the loss of Michalek this past off season the Yotes are in need of a defensive D-man or shutdown defense-man if you will.

I would think that Hejda would be harder to pry away, but input from all you Jackets fans is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I think Hejda would be the more likely to move of the two. He offers a lot of value given his contract length and price and he's a very good (underrated) player. I think Methot is showing he's a top 4 candidate if his improvement continues. Hejda is an excellent shut down guy but very limited with his offensive ability. Methot is showing he can join the rush and is very good in his own end. I have no idea what Phoenix would have available to offer but Columbus is looking for some offense from the back end. We have guys in the AHL that will eventually move in but something short term would be a good stop gap.

Xoggz22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Why on earth would we help out a team that we will be competing with for a playoff spot? It would take nothing, because Columbus would never trade with Phoenix this season.
Ease up on the gas peddle big boy. This is a forum for discussion, no need to ***** slap someone for an inquiry. If Columbus could improve their team they will make a trade - regardless of partner. Granted I'm sure they would look for better options first but if you improve your team it shouldn't matter who the trade is with. That improves your chances of making the playoffs.

Old
11-20-2010, 09:19 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I'd hardly call Klesla impressive this year. He may lead the league in a 100% useless stat, but that doesn't change the fact he's still apt to make dumb decisions nightly with the puck.

With that being said I'd rather trade Russell because he doesn't fill a need for the future with Moore and Savard in the system. Get a guy who can shoot the puck on the point, but I'm also fine with keeping Russell as well.
No way do you trade either. Watch Russell play. He may not get credit with assists, but he starts plays. He had a great outlet pass last night that resulted in a goal. Only problem is there was a pass and a shot before the goal. So, he doesn't get credit with an assist, but he had as much to do with the goal as the guys who got the points.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 09:44 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think Hejda would be the more likely to move of the two. He offers a lot of value given his contract length and price and he's a very good (underrated) player. I think Methot is showing he's a top 4 candidate if his improvement continues. Hejda is an excellent shut down guy but very limited with his offensive ability. Methot is showing he can join the rush and is very good in his own end. I have no idea what Phoenix would have available to offer but Columbus is looking for some offense from the back end. We have guys in the AHL that will eventually move in but something short term would be a good stop gap.
Sami Lepisto

Not sure how available he is because he has played very well when he's been in the line-up, but for some reason he's been caught in a numbers game and has been out of the line-up recently.

Could be due to the fact that the team continues to go with the line-up that they've had on this 5 game winning streak.

Lepisto is a fan favorite in Phoenix and is very good in all facets of the game.

In the system if that's what you're looking for, there is a ton of depth on the blueline. Guys like Chris Summers, Sergei Goncharov and Michael Stone. Goncharov has the highest ceiling of the 3.

Hejda would be a good addition I think. How old is he? Something like 33?

Again, your input is welcomed as this is just an inquiry.

Good luck this season guys.

Old
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:

Sorry, we're not really used to this whole "Not out of it yet" thing.

Howson isn't going to screw with the DCore at this point. It's playing better than it should and Howson would be crazy to mess with it at this point, bar a huge upgrade.

Methot isn't going to be moved. He's had a great season and it hasn't really gotten noticed outside of Columbus yet. He wouldn't get a return that warranted moving him.

Hejda is a possibility if the club fades. He's a UFA at the end of the season. Given that our GM locks up anybody he sees as a key piece to a contract extension, he's as good as gone.

IF we're sellers at the deadline, he'll get a 2nd/3rd round pick.

11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Thanks for the insight.

That is exactly the type of response I was looking for.

In my opinion, I think it would be terrific if Columbus made the playoffs. The fan base deserves it.

If you are sellers at the deadline, Hejda would be my #1 target and I'd pony up a good prospect for him or a 2nd rounder. He seems like a poor man's version of Michalek and would transition well on the Phoenix blue-line.

Old
11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Methot has been, arguably, our best defenseman this season. So it would probably take a lot more than Phoenix is willing to give up to get him. Hedja, on the other hand, might be available at the trade deadline if we're out of it. I'd guess a decent prospect or a 2nd would get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
Commie for BizNasty
Are we talking Twitter accounts or actually trading the players? Because Commie's Twitter account could use a little Nastification.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sami Lepisto

Not sure how available he is because he has played very well when he's been in the line-up, but for some reason he's been caught in a numbers game and has been out of the line-up recently.

Could be due to the fact that the team continues to go with the line-up that they've had on this 5 game winning streak.

Lepisto is a fan favorite in Phoenix and is very good in all facets of the game.

In the system if that's what you're looking for, there is a ton of depth on the blueline. Guys like Chris Summers, Sergei Goncharov and Michael Stone. Goncharov has the highest ceiling of the 3.

Hejda would be a good addition I think. How old is he? Something like 33?

Again, your input is welcomed as this is just an inquiry.

Good luck this season guys.
I think we're pretty solid with the future (I'm assuming that's "system") but we need some help on the big club right now. Hejda is 33 with only this year left on his contract ($2M - a steal). The way the team is playing right now (at least winning anyway) I don't see a move happening but the PP is dreadful and we don't have anyone from the point that really looks to shoot the puck.

I'm interested to see what the deadline brings this year. Looks like the CBJ could be a buyer this year.

Old
11-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Commodore for Ekman-Larsson

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Commodore for Ekman-Larsson
Something like this might work, if we're out of the playoff race and looking to add more prospects.

Otherwise, I don't see us dealing with Phoenix unless they are sending a defenseman our way - remember, folks, we're in the same boat - we don't have that great a defense corps either (50 SA in Anaheim last night). If they're out of it at the deadline, I could see us trying to deal for Jovanovski or one of their other top dogs - but that would even be a stretch, as it would be the same situation (high pricetag, maybe not the right movable parts).

I doubt we'll make any deals with Phoenix, honestly.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:24 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Thanks for the insight.

That is exactly the type of response I was looking for.

In my opinion, I think it would be terrific if Columbus made the playoffs. The fan base deserves it.

If you are sellers at the deadline, Hejda would be my #1 target and I'd pony up a good prospect for him or a 2nd rounder. He seems like a poor man's version of Michalek and would transition well on the Phoenix blue-line.
If we were to make the playoffs (without any additions to the D) both Methot and Hejda would be vital to us. My gut feeling is that Hejda will not be resigned after this season unless its for a good deal for a year or two max. So if we are out of it, my bet is that Hejda would def be dealt to the highest bidder. I'm hoping the Coyotes make it to the post season, but not at the expense of Columbus obviously.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Shelley#45

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Were happy with out defense pretty much. Have a logjam at forward so if there was someone that was going to be moved, im guessing its a forward but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
No way do you trade either. Watch Russell play. He may not get credit with assists, but he starts plays. He had a great outlet pass last night that resulted in a goal. Only problem is there was a pass and a shot before the goal. So, he doesn't get credit with an assist, but he had as much to do with the goal as the guys who got the points.

Notice how this guy didnt start out with "Watch Russell play on the power play"

Shelley#45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Absolutely, a simplistic measure of being on the ice during a 5 on 5 goal is 100% useless...

This gets more assuming all the time.

The stat may be overused but Methot and Klesla aren't in double digit +/- because of all the stupid mistakes they are making. I hope Klesla continues making all these mistakes you are talking about.

Having said that, I have nothing to add on some type of proposal. I wouldn't mind seeing us move a D to open up room for a promotion at some point. But I don't think we're going to mess with the mix at this point.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote