HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take from Phoenix

Old
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley#45 View Post
Were happy with out defense pretty much. :
We're not not. Some are happy. You are happy. Include yourself thank you.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Absolutely, a simplistic measure of being on the ice during a 5 on 5 goal is 100% useless...

This gets more assuming all the time.

The stat may be overused but Methot and Klesla aren't in double digit +/- because of all the stupid mistakes they are making. I hope Klesla continues making all these mistakes you are talking about.

Having said that, I have nothing to add on some type of proposal. I wouldn't mind seeing us move a D to open up room for a promotion at some point. But I don't think we're going to mess with the mix at this point.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but...

I agree.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
No way do you trade either. Watch Russell play. He may not get credit with assists, but he starts plays. He had a great outlet pass last night that resulted in a goal. Only problem is there was a pass and a shot before the goal. So, he doesn't get credit with an assist, but he had as much to do with the goal as the guys who got the points.
Oh, I wouldn't go out of my way to trade Russell, but if he could be used to bring in a better shooter, I'd be okay with that.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Ease up on the gas peddle big boy. This is a forum for discussion, no need to ***** slap someone for an inquiry. If Columbus could improve their team they will make a trade - regardless of partner. Granted I'm sure they would look for better options first but if you improve your team it shouldn't matter who the trade is with. That improves your chances of making the playoffs.
But can would we really be able to improve our team trading with Phoenix? I don't think this team could be improved at all by trading Hejda because he isn't going to fetch that type of return, and Methot has been outstanding for us, so he also wouldn't net a return that could make us better.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Absolutely, a simplistic measure of being on the ice during a 5 on 5 goal is 100% useless...

This gets more assuming all the time.

The stat may be overused but Methot and Klesla aren't in double digit +/- because of all the stupid mistakes they are making. I hope Klesla continues making all these mistakes you are talking about.

Having said that, I have nothing to add on some type of proposal. I wouldn't mind seeing us move a D to open up room for a promotion at some point. But I don't think we're going to mess with the mix at this point.
I could have said Klesla has been good, not great, and has made only a few mistakes this year and you would have went on to argue that Klesla has been terrible. Don't bother, everyone knows you will argue with anything and everything, so don't bother. Klesla has been good defensively, but once that puck is on his stick, watch out because he has no clue what to do with it.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Were happy with out defense pretty much. Have a logjam at forward so if there was someone that was going to be moved, im guessing its a forward but you never know.

Notice how this guy didnt start out with "Watch Russell play on the power play"
I'm not happy with the Jackets defense. I also think they could use a physical forward who has some vision and skill. For the right price, I'd love to acquire Hanzal. Perhaps Hejda plus?

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Were happy with out defense pretty much. Have a logjam at forward so if there was someone that was going to be moved, im guessing its a forward but you never know.

Notice how this guy didnt start out with "Watch Russell play on the power play"
I'm not happy with the Jackets defense. I also think they could use a physical forward who has some vision and skill. For the right price, I'd love to acquire Hanzal. Perhaps Hejda plus?

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 07:00 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Oh, I wouldn't go out of my way to trade Russell, but if he could be used to bring in a better shooter, I'd be okay with that.
I don't know. I think you need him AND a guy who can shoot. Obviously, you don't get to have whatever you want, but I think you know what I mean.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I don't know. I think you need him AND a guy who can shoot. Obviously, you don't get to have whatever you want, but I think you know what I mean.
I understand what your saying, my thought was more for the future with Moore and Savard being good passers, Russell would be redundant, we need someone who will shoot it back there. Hopefully one of Savard or Moore develop into a shoot first guy, that would be ideal.

Old
11-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Shelley#45

great shutout tonight, for those not happy with the defense i know were only 5th in GAA right now, there is 4 more spots to improve, what all exactly does everyone see as wrong? Not talking the power play either we all know about that. And for those that arent happy right now, how pissed will you guys be when were not 5th in GAA anymore

Shelley#45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
great shutout tonight, for those not happy with the defense i know were only 5th in GAA right now, there is 4 more spots to improve, what all exactly does everyone see as wrong?

They'll probably say this is a useless stat so be careful. I do find it funny how the people that are claiming +/- is useless are the same people who were complaining when Nash was a - player. Some just have to "complain" to prove they're right

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
great shutout tonight, for those not happy with the defense i know were only 5th in GAA right now, there is 4 more spots to improve, what all exactly does everyone see as wrong? Not talking the power play either we all know about that. And for those that arent happy right now, how pissed will you guys be when were not 5th in GAA anymore
I think folks are a tad concerned about how it's getting done - our guys are still making mistakes; what's helping is that they've been brilliant at recovering from them so far in the games we do well in. Last night, I lost track of the number of times one of our guys would mishandle a puck, leading to a turnover... and then immediately take it back from the opposition using some curious mix of Arniel's coaching doctrine, heavy pressure, black magic, and The Force. It's amusing to watch, but it's not exactly confidence-inspiring. (Especially with a fanbase that remembers 12-6-2 last year and is waiting for the other shoe to drop...)

That and our D isn't exactly scoring a heck of a lot, which is kind of a necessity to compete with top-level teams. But that's really more of a principle thing.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I don't think the guys that would really fill a hole

are ever available. You have to draft them and raise them from pups..

That's why Johanson and Moore, Savard, Goulebeh, get me excited.. our club is starting to play well enough for this conversation to matter

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Shelley#45

Quote:
We're not not. Some are happy. You are happy. Include yourself thank you.
Your right, great point, strong arguements. Ive become not not happy with our defense as well. Only 3rd in GAA right now Cant believe were not not first. What a bunch of scrubs out there.

Shelley#45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
They'll probably say this is a useless stat so be careful. I do find it funny how the people that are claiming +/- is useless are the same people who were complaining when Nash was a - player. Some just have to "complain" to prove they're right
Nash was a minus player because he never back-checked, his +/- number wasn't needed to define how terrible he was defensively, nice try though.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Your right, great point, strong arguements. Ive become not not happy with our defense as well. Only 3rd in GAA right now Cant believe were not not first. What a bunch of scrubs out there.
Defensively they are good, if not great often, but we need our defense to start scoring points and being threats back there. We don't have a threat back there which is the only problem we have. I'd prefer to replace Stralman with someone who can shoot the puck hard.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:15 PM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Nash was a minus player because he never back-checked, his +/- number wasn't needed to define how terrible he was defensively, nice try though.
Actually it was more than a try since you just proved my point Thanks for playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you back stage

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote