Notices

11/20/10 - New York Rangers @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CST - KSTC

Old
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
We like to imagine that loud noises scare the players, so we try to be as quiet as possible. That way, they won't notice when we sneak out halfway through the third period to beat the traffic. Especially on a school night.
This made me laugh

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Ranger fan who was at the game, coming in peace... You guys by far have the nicest arena I have ever visited and will probably ever visit, some great fans, great traditions, and some great hockey songs but I noticed that throughout the game there was only 1 "Lets go wild" chant and it was started half way into the second period... Is this normal? AND how often do you guys get visited by the 50 or so canadian Jets fans? They were clearly very drunk but seemed to feel right at home with their chanting (For the Jets... wtf)

Overall as a midwest Ranger fan who has been displaced I've always had an interest in the Wild and they have always felt like my "home away from home" team. Good Luck with the rest of your season!
Yeah we haven't exactly had much to cheer about since our division title 3 years ago. The Wild seem to just pick 20-30 minutes of each game that they're just not going to care about, and so it's hard to get super excited when you've got that dread weighing down your gut. Honestly, I'm impressed with how much cheering there was for the goal, considering they were down 4-0 in the third when it happened.

I'd say that with the way things are going, the crowd was plenty vocal––just not supportive. We booed the team off the ice after the second (because they deserved it), we booed every time pretty boy had the puck (because he deserved it), we booed some calls that looked sketchy from our perspective (because the refs probably didn't deserve it, but we were just pissed off in general).

The Jets fans are pretty typical. I was up in Winnipeg for an AHL game about a week ago and frankly nobody seems to care about the Moose. They draw an OK crowd, but nobody even stood up for goals. It's clear that they're waiting for the real thing and they'd rather come watch a game here, which is fine by me; they're great fans and nice people.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:25 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
The Jets fans are pretty typical. I was up in Winnipeg for an AHL game about a week ago and frankly nobody seems to care about the Moose. They draw an OK crowd, but nobody even stood up for goals. It's clear that they're waiting for the real thing and they'd rather come watch a game here, which is fine by me; they're great fans and nice people.
Well that is how they got the Moose in the first place.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote